Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bilstein doesn't make dampers for CB7's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilstein doesn't make dampers for CB7's?

I'm rather confused by something I noticed on Bilstein's own website. I was looking for information on their HD series dampers in order to remove some concern that the "B6" dampers were or were not the same as the HD's and I have been unable to see dampers for our car listed. I checked under their listing for "MK4 coupe" with production year of like 89'-93' and they have "none listed".

I believe BilsteinUS site gave me the same result, none available for the CB7 (on that site I only had the option of choosing the 4-door sedan EX for our generation). Initially I was just trying to confirm that the "B6" dampers were the same as the "HD" dampers but now I'm wondering if they have stopped producing or offering anything for us.

I know the Ground Control/ Koni yellow combo is tried and true but from what I have read the HD's are a bit better quality( although they don't have a knob to fiddle with which isn't a big deal to me) which is why I'm trying to figure this out. Anyone have any input on this conundrum?

I'm not sure where you're seeing these HD struts but the only ones I see online from Bilstein are the B6s. You can just compare part numbers and that would eliminate weather or not they're the same.
    My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
    Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
    Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

If your talking about the B8's then you have to order them from over seas. They are not available in the US.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        If your talking about the B8's then you have to order them from over seas. They are not available in the US.
        No I was actually just looking around for the Bilstein "HD's" which are listed on the drop spring/damper/coilover thread.

Comment

I know they have the B6 available, I have a full set on my 90 and on the front of my 93 wagon.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            I know they have the B6 available, I have a full set on my 90 and on the front of my 93 wagon.
            what do you have them paired with on your 90'?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
              what do you have them paired with on your 90'?
              I have stock springs at all four corners. EX sway bars front and rear.

Edit: TireRack shows them for all four corners - $111 each.
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 03-06-2018, 09:54 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You want Koni Yellows anyway

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I have a full set of B6s that were installed by the previous owner of my wagon. I don't know if I'd want to lower it using those though..I already have a set of Koni Yellows waiting to be put on but they need a refresh first.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I absolutely love the ride of my coupe on the HD B6's for the CD wagon.

Although to truly make them work well I paired them with Nuespeed Race springs and FFC/Cheddas Auto extended top hats. I had to do both the front and the rear, but the ride is so incredible now.

Throwing these by themselves on a set of lowering springs will leave you disappointed.

Comment

My original plan wasn't to use "lowering springs" but HyperCo springs in custom rates. I was only looking for about an inch and a half drop if anything when I was looking at the Yellows/HD's. I have since changed my plans and am going a different route.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        You want Koni Yellows anyway
                        not that it's of any consequence now but why would I want the Koni yellows over the other Bilstein options? I'm not in particular NEED of being able to adjust the damping force but if I want/need to I'd like to have an adjuster that works for it's full range of adjustments.

Comment

I absolutely love the ride of my coupe on the HD B6's for the CD wagon.

Although to truly make them work well I paired them with Nuespeed Race springs and FFC/Cheddas Auto extended top hats. I had to do both the front and the rear, but the ride is so incredible now.

Throwing these by themselves on a set of lowering springs will leave you disappointed.

Howd you elimate that sag in the rear? I ordered a set of custom made rings for the Koni yellows to elimate that booty sag. And with the help of Dave aka CyborgGT I'm waiting on a set of cast iron locating arms for my car so I can finally finish up my prothane kit.

My plan is to make the suspension as tight and responsive and probably use my old Neuspeed tower bar and a generic rear tower bar until I get a full set from ESP.

I can already tell the difference on the OEM rubber bushings vs the prothane kit I had on my old sedan, with the prothane it was darty not bouncy everytime I hit a bump with the current OE bushings you can definitely tell its very jarring and soft.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                            Howd you elimate that sag in the rear? I ordered a set of custom made rings for the Koni yellows to elimate that booty sag. And with the help of Dave aka CyborgGT I'm waiting on a set of cast iron locating arms for my car so I can finally finish up my prothane kit.

My plan is to make the suspension as tight and responsive and probably use my old Neuspeed tower bar and a generic rear tower bar until I get a full set from ESP.

I can already tell the difference on the OEM rubber bushings vs the prothane kit I had on my old sedan, with the prothane it was darty not bouncy everytime I hit a bump with the current OE bushings you can definitely tell its very jarring and soft.
                            Henry, I'm not sure what booty sag you are referring to? With all my suspension setup's I haven't had the rear end "sag" or sit lower than the front. Granted on the setup's I've had, the Nuespeed Race springs have been in all of them.

Also even with a entire car sitting on the Prothane / Energy Suspension bushings I don't find the car "darty" but it is very precise. In fact it makes my '04 TL feel sloppy, which it isn't.
                            Last edited by Rilas; 03-08-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Henry, I'm not sure what booty sag you are referring to? With all my suspension setup's I haven't had the rear end "sag" or sit lower than the front. Granted on the setup's I've had, the Nuespeed Race springs have been in all of them.

Also even with a entire car sitting on the Prothane / Energy Suspension bushings I don't find the car "darty" but it is very precise. In fact it makes my '04 TL feel sloppy, which it isn't.
                              Ive seen it on some wagons where the rear end of the car seems to sit lower than the front maybe its just me that notices that I have a set of sport springs never went for the race ones though.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              Legend FSM

Comment

Working...
                              X