No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an alignment and the new tires installed today! Rides better, looks better, quieter on the pavement, everything. So glad to finally have an alignment and new tires on this thing!

Comment

OK, you're pretty much building a car here

But seriously, I'm liking this thread for some reason. Short and to the point. My fav quote is

" I've spent a lot on car parts recently so I'm going to try and stick to what I have already.

Last night I purchased some new parts......"

I lol'd!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        OK, you're pretty much building a car here

But seriously, I'm liking this thread for some reason. Short and to the point. My fav quote is

" I've spent a lot on car parts recently so I'm going to try and stick to what I have already.

Last night I purchased some new parts......"

I lol'd!
        I keep replacing things it needs! And it just never seems to stop. lol

Yeah, I remember saying that actually. My addiction may or may not be a little worse than I thought.

I'm glad you like it! That's really cool. I'm surprised at how many are actually interested in this thread. I'll keep it going. Not like I can stop anyhow!

Comment

This thing looks so much better with the correct size tires on it. Very pleased with the look even though I wasn't aware the tires were going to improve the aesthetics so much.

Less than 20 miles on them. I need to clean them up and put on some tire shine.

Next week the new corner lights should arrive. That should clean things up a little further.

I found out today that it's about to need a lower ball joint on the passenger side. I imagine the geometry being off from the broke spring may have led to premature failure of the lower ball joint on that side.

The condition of the LBJ wasn't enough to throw the alignment off. And I've never had an issue with pulling a knuckle and needing to realign. The toe was way out which is to be expected after replacing the outer tie rod ends.

I'm going to get an OEM LBJ and I might rent a ball joint press... idk yet. I need one and have found a few I like on Amazon for around the $75 mark. I may buy one but we will see.

Something I haven't mentioned is I have yet another oil leak. I don't think it's the pan. It's coming from the middle/passenger side. So... I'm thinking it may be the rear main but I'm going to check soon. It's not losing much oil even by my standards. But it's something I'm paying attention to none the less. I'm going to make sure and check the oil pressure switch before jumping to conclusions.

If I have to pull the trans I have to pull the trans. Last time I did one it took me 3.5 hours to remove the transmission. If I have to pull it I'll put in an OEM rear main and some Timken output shaft seals.

It also has another exhaust leak. Sounds like it's around the cat. I'm hoping it not the downpipe as I just replaced the stocker with a Bosal unit last year. If everything is sealed up nicely pre cat I'll throw in a bolt in Magnaflow and Bosal factory replacement all the way out the back.

Interior wise I'm going to keep the factory stereo and replace the 6.5's? with something very basic. I've been looking at getting Kenwood KFC-1665S front and rear. Like $45 shipped for two pair. Something simple and effective.

Other than that, I've been looking at the rear quarter panels. They can actually be repaired and the patch panels will cover 80-90% of what needs to be replaced. This isn't something immediate but something I'm looking into if this car keeps doing me right.

Comment

Just purchased the following.

Fel-Pro VS50365R valve cover gasket set.
            Genuine Honda 51220-S84-305 ball joint.
            Tekton 36mm 6 point deep impact socket.
            Powerbuilt 1/2" drive breaker bar.
            Astro Pneumatic ball joint service/press set w/ 4x4 adapters.

I have all next week off before I start my new job.

I'm going to adjust the valve lash and replace the valve cover gaskets. And of course the lower ball joint on the passenger side.

I'm also going to replace the sway bar end links and and sway bar to frame bushings.

As well as the rear brake shoes, drums and hardware.

Comment

Corner lights arrived today. Very pleased.

Old set.

Old driver side. Notice the hole in the transparent section.

Old passenger side. Not bad.

And the new stuff. You can see the evidence of an impact on the bumper. That was likely what put the whole in the old lens and also knocked the headlight bracket out of position, as can also be seen.

Comment

OEM lower ball joint, 1/2" breaker bar and 1/2" 36mm socket arrived today.

Comment

d00d..........

i wish i was there, you having a party non-stop !

Comment

looks like we got similar projects this weekend, too bad we are so far away as we could help each other out like Raf said. Im doing lower Ball joints, strut top mounts, hub bearings(front and back) and finally front calipers.
                    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      d00d..........

i wish i was there, you having a party non-stop !
                      This gave me a good laugh, thanks man!

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                      looks like we got similar projects this weekend, too bad we are so far away as we could help each other out like Raf said. Im doing lower Ball joints, strut top mounts, hub bearings(front and back) and finally front calipers.
                      Yeah no kidding. I'd be down. Sounds like you got quite the list yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        This gave me a good laugh, thanks man!

Yeah no kidding. I'd be down. Sounds like you got quite the list yourself!
                        That is only on the wife's car, its funny how ladies always complain about us wrenching on cars eventhough theirs is the one getting destroyed and having to get resurrected often. My Accord has a major work list ahead of it, and am just waitng for a proper block to raise his hand along with the right transmission so i can rip what is in there now and get to working; my fuel system has arrived and awaiting to power anything up to 550hp. Picked up YET another Holset today, i now have a HE351, HX35w and a HY35w.
                        Last edited by Crankshaft; 05-19-2017, 11:41 PM.
                        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Ball Joint press and adapter set arrived.

I only paid $75 shipped for it. There are several cheaper sets. If I were making a living with it I'd opt for something better. But for what I do this will do just fine.

Edit...

And and Fel Pro valve cover gasket set arrived as well. I don't know if I will need it when I go to adjust the valve lash. But I will have it if I need it.

I have an OEM valve cover gasket set on there now that I installed last summer. I like OEM but wasn't going to pay $50 or $60 to have it here when I need it. Which is here and now.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-22-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Here is where I'm going with this car.

I'm going to take this thing to a local shop and have the fuel lines replaced or repaired. Whatever it takes. Prolly run me a few hundred but I just don't want to mess with it.

Anyhow, as for after that.

I haven't a clue as to how old the timing belt is. So I'm going to tackle that job.

Timing Belt

RockAuto

Gates TCKWP186 Timing Belt & Water Pump Kit $83.79
                            Dorman 917006 Balance Shaft Retainer Kit $4.71

Amazon

Genuine Honda 91212-P0A-004 Front Crankshaft Seal $12.36
                            Genuine Honda 91213-PT0-003 Camshaft Seal $5.34
                            Prestone Extended Life 50/50 Antifreeze Gallon x2 $16.88
                            Valvoline 10W-30 Convetional Oil Gallon $16.97
                            Genuine Honda 15400-PLM-A01 Oil Filter w/Washer $11.71

Timing Belt Grand Total $151.76

-

This may seem a little pointless to some but I want a good exhaust system. I don't care about sound or power I just want to replace the whole thing head to bumper with quality parts including gaskets. I don't want to mess with broken studs and bolts etc. So I'm doing the following.

Exhaust

Amazon

DC Sports HHC5011 4-2-1 Ceramic Coated Header $260.19
                            MagnaFlow 22624 Direct Fit Catalytic Converter $119.04
                            Yonaka Stainless Catback Exhaust System $269.00

Exhaust Grand Total $648.23

-

I like the look of the factory spoiler. I've found that there is a company that makes a replacement that is reasonably priced. I'm doing this solely for looks. I used the paint listed below on my last CB7 I added a spoiler too. It the right color and matches pretty well. I'm getting two cans this time though. So it'll cover better.

Exterior

Amazon

Crash Parts Plus Direct Fit Trunk Spoiler OEM Replica $111.93
                            Dupli-Color BHA0957 Seattle Silver Metallic 8oz Spray Paint x2 $29.96

Exterior Grand Total $141.89

-

The car is missing floor mats so I'm getting a pair of quality floor mats. I'm totally fine with the factory stereo. But the factory speakers are shot. So I'm replacing all four speakers. And the driver side rear window is having trouble rolling all the way up. I think the regulator is broke or the motor is weak. Either way I'm going to replace both.

Interior

Amazon

Kenwood KFC-1665S 6.5 Inch Speakers Pair x2 $41.98
                            Highland 4603000 All-Weather Black Front Seat Floor Mats $40.54

Rock Auto

Various MFG HO1550110 Rear Left Window Regulator Assembly $46.89

Interior Grand Total $129.41

-

And to complete the suspension. The front is done already. And I want the rear to match the front.

Suspension

Moog RK80357 Rear Left Upper Control Arm $22.99
                            Moog RK80356 Rear Right Upper Control Arm $23.79
                            Monroe 171241L Rear Left Strut Assembly $72.79
                            Monroe 171241R Rear Right Strut Assembly $72.79

Suspension Grand Total $192.36

The Grand Total $1263.65 minus shipping costs for Rock Auto.

Typically I don't mention what I spend but honestly I'm very impressed that this amount is what will fix this car to my standards minus the rear quarter panel repair.

Over the winter I'm going to put a couple grand back for having the quarter panels replaced next year.

I might as well fix this car. It's got at least another 100,000 miles in it at only 186k on the odometer. Maybe more.

Edit...

I can't seem to not work on this thing. It's so rewarding. And I'm so far into it now that I might as well finish it. My definition of finished is the above list for this car.
                            Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-22-2017, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I got the passenger side lower ball joint replaced today. Glad I went with OEM. Sliding the hub and bearing assembly out of the knuckle enough to get the old ball joint out and new one in was a little difficult. But I've done it enough times to know to just keep shocking the bolts in a pattern.

All in all I'm pleased. The LBJ had a lot of up and down play. It had to be because the coil spring being broke had the geometry off. I've never seen one with no side to side play and so much up and down.

It drives even better now. I've very impressed.

Comment

What's funny about this car, is you're replacing most of the stuff I have replaced on mine. (or am in the process of replacing)

Also, great choice on exhaust. I have a friend that has it on his sedan, it sounds really nice. It's deep sounding, and not excessively loud. He's had it on his car for at least a couple years, not a single problem.
                                Last edited by GTRON; 05-23-2017, 03:53 PM.
                                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                                X