Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

help with diagnose my problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with diagnose my problem

so this past saturday i was driving my 91 ex and was running just fine. i got home and shut it off and went to move it about 3 hours later, all it would do is turn over. well i had new spark plugs, ngk, ive been waiting to install, so i put those in along with new wires. right off still would not start. so i had some one try to start it to check for spark. it fired right up with out a problem, i let it run for about 5 minutes and no problem.
    i went out the next morning it did not start again. i again checked for spark and its there. i have changed out the cap and rotor. ive tried a couple other main relays. everytime trying to start it i can smell fuel coming out the exhaust. when i go to prime it i can hear to click from the main relay. i did try starting it with starter fluid, it will start up and run just fine until the starter fluid is gone, then shuts off.

i cant think of anything else to check.

Check the fuel pressure at the left end (driver side) of the fuel rail. Depending on the year and model, it should be in the 30-40 psi range. If low, change the fuel filter. If still low, pinch off the fuel return line, the pressure should go to about 60. If still low, you probably need a pump (in the tank).

Are you installing used relays, or known good (new) ones?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

jy ones

Comment

I expect a moderator will jump on this thread soon if you don't change your title to something a bit more descriptive of your problem...

Thank you for using punctuation, but capitals would also make it easier to read your post. The lack of capitals isn't helping my headache...
        Regards from Oz,
        John.

Comment

Working...
        X