Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What projects ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice projects everyone!

As some may know, i just picked up a 92 DX coupe for a grand for a dailee. She definitely needs some love. Going to replace the driver door and side skirt since theyre damaged from 2 owners ago. Thinking about rocking some UA5 skirts, but not fully set in stone yet. There's some rust on the passenger quarter, but nothing major, so going to be cleaning that up. Also, i have a 90/91 front bumper that I'll be swapping on with some CD5 orange turn signals and BB6 JDM fog lights with a Legend lip. Down the road i plan on building a boosted F22A1 (the one thats in my sedan currently) on an MHI Small 16G. My goal is roughly 300whp. Sleeper coupe 😄😍💚

Comment

Going to get a steering column for my dads tahoe today,after that im going to check out a 66 mercury comet caliente that a friend has for 3800,its a little wavy but they managed to put a 460 in it,damn thing rolls out lol if all goes well,itll be another winter project
      Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
      dmfb919

Comment

I still have my coupe but it's registered as non operational so it just sits until I decide to put more time and money into it. My S2000 has a handful of parts eating to be installed but those parts have already been waiting for a few years. Off-roading has been more gratifying for me lately so I've been putting most of my effort towards modifying my Land Cruiser and my LX570. The Land Cruiser is my trail beater and the LX is used more for camping and easy trails.
        ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Have a few projects that I jump around between,

My '91 CB7 is my daily driver and I'll do some work on it when I get time between school and work. I need to find some time to run to some junkyards and look for a parts car to do a manual swap as well as rear disc brakes.

There's an '84 International S1900 rollback that I'm repairing the engine on. I'll probably end up putting the body of the '63 V220 we have on as well.

My '78 F250 is about 80% through it's Frankenstein swap of getting a 7.3L powerstroke drivetrain and the suspension from a '06 superduty.

And then there's the '48 Ford F-5 that I have no idea what to do with

Comment

The 48 Ford F-5 would be a cool project. I have a 48 and 49 F-1 and a 48 F-5, I always wanted to rebuild one of the F-1's and the F-5, and haul the F-1 to shows on the F-5, but that's a pipe dream right now and probably 50-100k to make a reality if I do almost all of the work. I would absolutely love to do it eventually though.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Why not go with a 6.0? Everyone hates on 6.0s for some reason but if you build them right they'll last forever..and they sound so mean with a straight pipe lol. 7.3s are bulletproof though,wont get the same power out of it but still an awesome build!

Some sad news came about today...the title for my honda is gone,and my buddy doesnt wanna file for another one. He wanted to scrap it and i about cried lol so we brainstormed how we could go about keeping the car around a little longer and came up with one final solution....derby car! What better way to send the moredoor out in a blaze of glory?? I've been researcing how well they hold up in a derby,and apparently they really kick ass,so im gonna weld a cage on,weld the trunk shut,halo(to keep the sides and top from crushing me lol),bolt the hood down,donuts on the back and bobcat tires up front,and take out all the interior besides driver seat,dash,radio and speakers lol
              dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
                Why not go with a 6.0? Everyone hates on 6.0s for some reason but if you build them right they'll last forever..and they sound so mean with a straight pipe lol. 7.3s are bulletproof though,wont get the same power out of it but still an awesome build!

Some sad news came about today...the title for my honda is gone,and my buddy doesnt wanna file for another one. He wanted to scrap it and i about cried lol so we brainstormed how we could go about keeping the car around a little longer and came up with one final solution....derby car! What better way to send the moredoor out in a blaze of glory?? I've been researcing how well they hold up in a derby,and apparently they really kick ass,so im gonna weld a cage on,weld the trunk shut,halo(to keep the sides and top from crushing me lol),bolt the hood down,donuts on the back and bobcat tires up front,and take out all the interior besides driver seat,dash,radio and speakers lol
                You can't have him sign something that you can take to DMV? Would be sad to see a CB7 go just for that reason.

Comment

Im sure we could get another title..but after hearing about my sedan being a brick shithouse,i might as well build it really well and give it a viking funeral lol..theres also a tossup on it being a track car first,just so we can keep it decent-ish for a little while longer. We've been looking to build another toy,losing the title was a sign lol
                  dmfb919

Comment

We found the title! The car has been saved from total annihilation,but its going up for sale now. Shes gotta go along with atleast 2 more to make room for new projects
                    dmfb919

Comment

The cb7 is about to get the love she deserves,got it almost ready to push into the garage and tear apart. Just bought a f22b1/5spd with 134k thats going in once i get a few more things,gonna find some wheels and tires to throw on it,and i just scored a legend front bumper,lip and fogs from the pick and pull today with plans to go back and get a dash,cluster,shifter,consoles,and carpet out of a cb7 i found. After I get it running and driving,I plan on popping out some dents,fixing major rust and painting it. Then I'll worry about building an h22 for it on the down road..my list is forever long on this car but i love her to death,i plan on holding onto Rhonda for a while lol.
                      I also got my 91 c1500 about ready for some winter love as well. Still need to pull the bed and push it inside and it gets to sit until the cb7 is running. It's kinda funny,i love my honda more than my chevy and it's the vehicle I've always wanted lol
                      dmfb919

Comment

I've recently inherited an '85 RX-7. This is my first carb'd and rotary engine car! I feel like Tavarish...too many projects going on.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I recently bought a Civic for my next project, not going for much more than a clean daily driver. Pics are from seller, I haven't picked the car up yet.

https://imgur.com/a/Djnen

Comment

That rx7 sounds fun,one of my friends dads has an 85 rx7 that hes restoring for his wife,she had one while they were stationed in japan in the mid 80s and hes going to build it just like her old one,but hes been thinking about a 3 rotor in it.
                            Thats a super clean looking EK,i almost impulse bought an EK hatch earlier that was set up for a K series,it was spotless and the factory midori green was flawless,had full tein suspension and some TE37 knockoffsl. They wanted 1800,if i had the room i wouldve snagged it up. Something about that midori green..
                            dmfb919

Comment

Originally posted by chi View Post
                              Thats a super clean looking EK,i almost impulse bought an EK hatch earlier that was set up for a K series,it was spotless and the factory midori green was flawless,had full tein suspension and some TE37 knockoffsl. They wanted 1800,if i had the room i wouldve snagged it up. Something about that midori green..
                              It looks better in the pictures than it does in person. I am actually looking at an EG hatch that had a turbo b20/vtec setup in it, I want to daily the coupe and build a b20 for the hatch if I can get rid of a few of my other cars.

Comment

1991 Accord on back burner, did manual swap and turbo and now back to NA thinking about doing the buyback program that is offered for older cars and get $1000 for it.

2000 Honda Civic(daily) complete rebuild like new with OE or better parts with 14b turbo

2000 Prelude with 20G turbo

2015 Lancer Evolution Final Edition on the Prowl to 500whp currently putting down 411whp.
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=171625

Comment

Working...
                                X