Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

f22a6 manifold upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6 manifold upgrade

will somebody post a new pics diy for the h23 plenum on a6 runners with diy info thanks guys the old diy pics are gone

Originally posted by nauticaboi9486 View Post
    will somebody post a new pics diy for the h23 plenum on a6 runners with diy info thanks guys the old diy pics are gone
    Yea!!!!

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

...I have no pic of it...but it's simple...put the h22/23 plenum where the f22 plenum was...put the butterfly spacers inbetween those...it's basic remove one and put the other one where the old one was...it goes on one way, pretty basic.
      ____

Comment

a6 runners
        gutted butterflies..
        just add h23 plenum

pic: what else you want?
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

What does gutting the butterflys really do for power??

I have a H23 Plenum sitting at the house..waiting for a h22/h23 TB..When I get it I will be swaping it onto my A6..Just wanted to know I'f it would be worth it to remove the butterflys??

PS...I really don't want to double stack the intake eather...

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
            What does gutting the butterflys really do for power??

I have a H23 Plenum sitting at the house..waiting for a h22/h23 TB..When I get it I will be swaping it onto my A6..Just wanted to know I'f it would be worth it to remove the butterflys??

PS...I really don't want to double stack the intake eather...
            no for for stock

yes with high performance mods

double stack for torque (bottom end)

no stacks at all for hp (top end)

h23 runners are shorter A+ use it if u have it.
            Last edited by rafoda3rd; 07-02-2009, 05:05 PM.
            Click here to see why my signature was deleted.

Comment

A have a A6 so I'm just going to add the H23 Plenum and TB to it with the Butterflys intact (for low end) ..couple that with a EGR/Air Boost Block off and I'm good....

Comment

You want pictures of an h23 plenum on an a6, and also a doublestack, here you go:

Notice the double-stack, butterflys on top, gutted spacer on the bottom:

Here is a couple pictures of the h23 plenum on at runners:

My Engine Bay with it installed:

The most important thing is how you route coolant lines, in throttle body, out fitv, in right side of iacv, out left side of iacv. Also make sure your tps screw is tightened all the way, and your air boost valve vacuum line is connected to the the intake pipe, not the plenum. Oh and use the nipple on the thermostat housing to bleed any air bubbles in your system. That should help you avoid most idle issues.

As for the butterfly's, leave them in and working, I drove around with the butterflys open all the time, and the loss in low end torque sucks for daily driving. Removing them really isn't beneficial unless you plan on making power of 7k rpms, and if your going to be revving that high, you might as well remove the iab plate alltogether and tune.
                Last edited by cloudasc; 07-02-2009, 05:36 PM.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

i learned something 2day, thanks
                  **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                  Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                  Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

i second the loss of torque low end for the butterflies open.

I ended up hooking them up via vacumn. still opened but oh well..i loved how it sounded HIGH end.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                    X