Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anybody Got A Aem Fuel Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well last post for me on this subject lol...i know i know "thank god" lol truth is, newer is better. and it looks better, performs better, and will be basis for any other major upgrades u do. so there
    My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      all show, no go sucks ballz IMO...but if the show scene is your gravy...whateva do it up....but I figured this person posting on AEM fuel rail in the "all-motor" forum and asking about power is well "asking about power gains" ...I'm just being real....

listen i just wanted to get peoples opinion on this. seeing that many people on this site dont have this part anyway. and yes my motor is all motor just to let you know. and to my understand that it did make power and good throttle response.

And what motor do you have

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
        listen i just wanted to get peoples opinion on this. seeing that many people on this site dont have this part anyway. and yes my motor is all motor just to let you know. and to my understand that it did make power and good throttle response.

And what motor do you have
        I have a couple Accord motors I'm doing up all-motor..one more extreme than the other.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Bumping an old thread to say I installed an AEM rail and regulator today and notice a difference with the pressure set 38psi @ idle.

Around 3000 I feel a little pickup, and my tires break when I step on it from a dead stop.

Definetely 5 hp or more...

Unless my engine was starved before.
          My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by TonK
            Bumping an old thread to say I installed an AEM rail and regulator today and notice a difference with the pressure set 38psi @ idle.

Around 3000 I feel a little pickup, and my tires break when I step on it from a dead stop.

Definetely 5 hp or more...

Unless my engine was starved before.
            is all I have to say. Just that. Nothing else, I will not flame you on this one. I just believe that there are better things you can do with your money. BTW, that combo is close to 300. So yes 300 bucks for a butt dynoed 5hp? When you dyno it I bet you get maybe a smoother curve max gain of 3hp and that will occur at the low rpm. I am sure you lost something in around 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
              is all I have to say. Just that. Nothing else, I will not flame you on this one. I just believe that there are better things you can do with your money. BTW, that combo is close to 300. So yes 300 bucks for a butt dynoed 5hp? When you dyno it I bet you get maybe a smoother curve max gain of 3hp and that will occur at the low rpm. I am sure you lost something in around 5k.
              For a second there, I thought you were talking about me...
              My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by TonK
                For a second there, I thought you were talking about me...
                I was. The AEM rail and regulator combo do help the engine run smoother but its alot like installing an MSD. They only improve engine setups and free up lost HP. They do not create gains. BTW, the STR fuel rail has a bigger bore and its better suited to racing applications.

Comment

I was. The AEM rail and regulator combo do help the engine run smoother but its alot like installing an MSD. They only improve engine setups and free up lost HP. They do not create gains. BTW, the STR fuel rail has a bigger bore and its better suited to racing applications.
                  When I want gains, I'll install the necessary parts.

I don't need you or anyone else to tell me how to build my car, and call me an idiot for spending my money the way I want.

My car is EXTREMELY reliable, great on gas, handles great and will only improve.

If I wanted a fast car, I'd build one.

The most I'll ever do to this car is maybe a head package for gains.

I like my car the way it is.

And 3 hp wouldn't break my tires.

So unless my stock rail or regulator were inefficient, I felt a significant gain.

When I need all motor help, I have Cisco to consult.

Gains are clearly not my goal right now, its basically medium improvements over driving a stock car.

- Looks
                  - Gains
                  - Handling
                  - Socialization with some of my friends
                  - Keeping myself occupied

I have the money to buy a fast car.

I'm learning this engine and car, and seeing how things are done.

I'm not losing money doing what I want:

So please, unless you make a reply like you did the second time around, feel free to avoid posing as my father.
                  My CB7

Comment

Seriously Tonk, you are too sensitive to constructive criticism. If you want to post about something you did, you are making yourself open to any kinds of comment. That means anything you precieve to be "good" or "bad". I told you from my experience about that. However, how you spend your money on your car is entirely your business personally I really do not care because that's not my problem. As for the daddy comment, I think that was just hilarious. I was posting from my experience. See, I don't know if you ever built a serious drag warrior before, but I have. And when I see people who want to mod their cars but they don't seem to know where to start I try to point them in the right direction, like I did when you started those "I want more hp threads". If you are that pissed off with my opinions then whatever. Like I said it was constructive criticism. You can take it as an attack on you or take it as a friend's advice.

Comment

i dunno whats more ***
                      the fact that you supposedly spent 300 bucks on...3 hp

or

you posted a pic of money..the fuck do we care that you have a couple 100's..did anyone ask for you to show off your shit?..flash that in person..is wear ya shit'll get yanked

Comment

Seriously Tonk, you are too sensitive to constructive criticism. If you want to post about something you did, you are making yourself open to any kinds of comment. That means anything you precieve to be "good" or "bad". I told you from my experience about that. However, how you spend your money on your car is entirely your business personally I really do not care because that's not my problem. As for the daddy comment, I think that was just hilarious. I was posting from my experience. See, I don't know if you ever built a serious drag warrior before, but I have. And when I see people who want to mod their cars but they don't seem to know where to start I try to point them in the right direction, like I did when you started those "I want more hp threads". If you are that pissed off with my opinions then whatever. Like I said it was constructive criticism. You can take it as an attack on you or take it as a friend's advice.

Referring to me as an idiot is not constructive criticism.

This is, and I appreciate it:
                        The AEM rail and regulator combo do help the engine run smoother but its alot like installing an MSD. They only improve engine setups and free up lost HP. They do not create gains. BTW, the STR fuel rail has a bigger bore and its better suited to racing applications.
                        I built a 13.4 second Integra, so yes, I have built a drag warrior.
                        My CB7

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                          i dunno whats more ***

or

you posted a pic of money..the fuck do we care that you have a couple 100's..did anyone ask for you to show off your shit?..flash that in person..is wear ya shit'll get yanked
                          I let that one go...figured it was not worth commenting on. Seriously, money is an issue for most people when it come to tuning cars. I never want to sound like a tool or like I am better than the next when it comes to such matters. Sure, I really can just throw my car in a shop and pay whatever. But, I do not think that is cool, because people will want to do things that I may have done but may not have that in their budget. That is why I prefer to build and do my own stuff and show people it does not take a heap of cash to build an awesome car.

EDIT: I know that says idiots but it not what I use it for. Building a 13 second integra is pretty cool. However its still a street car. I am refering to my 1994 Nissan 300zx. I have it running 10.9 seconds right now and its not running its full potential due to a loss of traction. I been here and there so I know what parts that can provide the power and what parts help maintain the power. Like I said, I share my experience with you people so that you can make educated decisions to better yourself. I am not saying I know everything, but I am willing to share what I know.
                          Last edited by KillerCam282; 09-22-2005, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DhN
                            i dunno whats more ***

or

The uneducated feast off my bait...
                            My CB7

Comment

I let that one go...figured it was not worth commenting on. Seriously, money is an issue for most people when it come to tuning cars. I never want to sound like a tool or like I am better than the next when it comes to such matters. Sure, I really can just throw my car in a shop and pay whatever. But, I do not think that is cool, because people will want to do things that I may have done but may not have that in their budget. That is why I prefer to build and do my own stuff and show people it does not take a heap of cash to build an awesome car.

EDIT: I know that says idiots but it not what I use it for. Building a 13 second integra is pretty cool. However its still a street car. I am refering to my 1994 Nissan 300zx. I have it running 10.9 seconds right now and its not running its full potential due to a loss of traction. I been here and there so I know what parts that can provide the power and what parts help maintain the power. Like I said, I share my experience with you people so that you can make educated decisions to better yourself. I am not saying I know everything, but I am willing to share what I know.
                              Thats fine, I appreciate the help, but I really don't care about what you like to do and who does your work or whatever...

Your car, your money, your modifications.

P.S. I really wish there was a Fucktard Filter for people like "DhN"...
                              My CB7

Comment

... for being uber ***...sensitive little bitch lol

Comment

Working...
                                X