Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a few updates on the H22A1 project.

Finally bit the bullet and picked up my bearings from Honda.

-Kaizen Speed Balancer Delete Kit Ordered
    -F20B Single Row Crank Pulley Ordered
    -H22A4 Aluminum Oil Pan Ordered
    -OEM Head Gasket, Cam Seals, Front and Rear Main Seals, Head Bolts, misc gaskets Ordered
    -Fel-Pro Top End Gasket Kit Ordered (Last one on close out prices on rockauto. I don't feel a need for the OEM gaskets for all of the intake manifold and throttle body, and some other misc paper gaskets. Saved quite a bit of money ordering the Fel-Pro.)

Sadly I still have more to order, water pump, timing belt, tensioner bearing, lost motion assemblies. There is more than that, those are the most expensive on the list. Also this is only covering the block. If you remember I found only the long block. So I'm still hunting for an intake manifold, as well as trying to decide what header to purchase for this beast. My goal for this round though was to get enough ordered that I could get the block and head mostly assembled, and sealed up. Everything else can come when I'm ready. But getting the block sealed up is my highest priority.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thanks!

Oh so the guy did email you back for the crank pulley?

Comment

He did. Still finalizing things but it's more or less purchased. Thanks again for the heads up on that man!

Comment

Not much in the way of updates. I'm still waiting on some parts in the mail. I did get this today though. Which is a huge step in getting the motor running eventually. Big thanks to CyborgGT for this!

JDM H22A Intake Manifold 1

JDM H22A Intake Manifold 2

JDM H22A Intake Manifold 3

I still need to break it down and give it a good cleaning, but this covers a ton of things I was missing for this engine. I still need to find a few sensors for it, but no biggie on those. Last week I got the Kaizen Speed balancer delete kit to the machine shop to get the parts in the girdle and block. Once the F20B crank pulley shows up, the rotating assembly will get balanced. Then it's ready to pick up. Also cry when paying the bill, but in the long run a H22A1 with 0 miles will be well worth it I'm sure.

Comment

So I've been slowly working on cleaning this intake manifold. But I did get a nice surprise in the mail yesterday. If any of you had noticed I left my cowl off in preparation for installing this bar. I could have put it back on after I got the hood dampers installed.

ESP Bars

Chip in 3 Point Upper Strut Bar (This chip was on it before I took it out of the packaging.)

ESP Jamacian Teal (This is the best picture I could get of the actual color of these bars. For some reason the camera will not show the color correctly.)

ESP 3 Point Upper Strut Bar Installed 1

ESP 3 Point Upper Strut Bar Installed 2

I had to do a little bit of fanagling to get this bar installed. It's a tight fit but well worth it. I'm happy I was able to get on this group buy while the chance presented itself. Tonight I'll get the rear tie bar installed, and post up some pictures of it.

Comment

Looks really good! Things are coming along so cleanly for your CB!
              1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

I like the close to paint match on the 3point Will. If I didn't have the neuspeed 4point bar I would have went in on this deal. Looking forward to more pics
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                  Looks really good! Things are coming along so cleanly for your CB!
                  Thanks apalileo! Although it does help that this isn't my daily driver. I've also put the last year into working on it without hardly driving it at all. I think, since the F22B has gone in, it has traveled less than 10 miles. I do have to start it up often and move it out of the garage. I also start it up once a week and let it run for a little bit, just to keep her fresh.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                  I like the close to paint match on the 3point Will. If I didn't have the neuspeed 4point bar I would have went in on this deal. Looking forward to more pics
                  Thanks Nick! I tried to get something close to matching. I think it would match the Arcadia Green a bit better as the Atlantis Blue Green has a lot more blue in it than green. But still I think it looks better than just black would have. I understand already having a bar and passing this up. I almost did pass it up myself. Due to already having the Ultra Racing bars. But I don't think anything will ever stiffen up the front like this 3 point will. It's going to be so weird going from a car that has the suspension done, to a car that is fully stiffened up with the sway bars/strut bars/tie bars, and the suspension done. I'm sure it won't even feel like driving an Accord anymore. I'm really looking forward to the next few months when I can get this thing out on the road as my daily driver for summer.

Comment

So on Thursday night I managed to get the rear lower tie bar installed. It was a quick and easy process, remove 2 bolts, put up bar, reinstall bolts.

ESP Rear Tie Bar 1 (ST Rear Sway Bar as well.)

ESP Rear Tie Bar 2

Hopefully I'll have some more updates on the H22A1 soon. As I'm still setting aside money to actually pay the machine shop, I'm not in a huge rush.

Comment

And after reading your post I only now realized that the fenders have water runoff paths. My whole life of owning the car I never realized that is what they were, but makes perfect sense now.

So your the one who got the Jamacian teal 3point ESP front upper bar!!! Nice, quite the choice of color you have there. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Care to share how hard it is to get the part bolted to the firewall in the back?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        And after reading your post I only now realized that the fenders have water runoff paths. My whole life of owning the car I never realized that is what they were, but makes perfect sense now.

So your the one who got the Jamacian teal 3point ESP front upper bar!!! Nice, quite the choice of color you have there. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Care to share how hard it is to get the part bolted to the firewall in the back?
                        Thanks Raf! Yea it is an awesome color, I just wish I could convey the true color in the pictures. The back was a bit of a pain. As it's in a box, you have to come up with something short to mark it. Since the engine is in the bay I couldn't lean the drill at the same angle. So my holes didn't quite line up. I had to enlarge them slightly a few times, to get them to line up finally. My holes are roughly 1.25-1.5x the size of the bolts. I used the dremel with a rotozip like bit for steel to enlarge them. So I only took a little bit at a time off the side I needed. I know this isn't ideal, but I really should have removed the plenum from the runners to allow the drill to tilt down more. Your going to run into the same problem, unless you want to remove the entire intake manifold. Then again the Skunk2 might not quite be as tall as the OEM setup. Otherwise the directions sent with the bar make it an easy install.

Comment

So I haven't been working on Lola much the last couple of weeks. I've finally started the insulation project on the house. Which already sucks some major ass. Aside from that I've managed to poke at some things here and there for the car.

H22A Intake Manifold (After some TLC and cleaning this is looking much better. Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't take care of.)

H22A Plenum

H22A Runners

H22A Runner 2

So this happened a few weeks ago. This was taken from about 150 feet away in a blizzard across the busiest street in the city. I'm actually surprised that I got a picture with an open gap in the cars.

Short bus all full of FAIL!
                          Last edited by Rilas; 02-29-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Super clean manifold! Sounds like you've got a lot on your hands!

That's an unfortunate accident. Hopefully none of the kids were hurt. Looks minor, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                              Super clean manifold! Sounds like you've got a lot on your hands!

That's an unfortunate accident. Hopefully none of the kids were hurt. Looks minor, but you never know.
                              Thanks Apalileo! It took probably 2-3 hours with some shop towels, simple green, and a dish brush. Although the end of the runners I used carb cleaner on.

A few projects that are larger than the ones I normally tackle. But I guess I'm just used to being buried in things to do around the house. We moved in almost 2 years ago, and literally had a baby while moving. That made things all the more interesting. So over the last 2 years, I've had to finish the garage (when we moved in, it was totally unfinished, now you can see in the pictures, it is fully finished), redo the entire backyard for the daycare (girlfriend runs out of the lower half of the house, I mean a lot of work, I had to remove about 10" of dirt from about 600 square feet of yard and level it out, to put down heavy plastic and pea gravel), redo part of the side yard, new gutters on the house, and now the insulation. This one really sucks though, I'm having to use the shop vac to remove the 20+ year old blown-in insulation and laying out 27'x15"x9" rolls in place of this. There are some areas of the house that have 0 and I mean 0 insulation on the drywall. This will be a huge step in us saving some money on heating and cooling bills.

I think the bus was empty at that point. It was about 5:30 and I didn't see any kids around or on the bus. So I think everyone was safe. I just happened to open the front door and saw it. So I had to grab a camera and get a picture of it. Not every day you see a short bus in a wreck.

Comment

Damn... modding a car and a house! Hats off to you Rilas!

What did you plug the EGR ports with? Looks like brass?

Comment

Working...
                                X