H311RA151N : 1986 Ford F-250 XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
    I went with Clevite for my double roller set. Granted it's not a true roller for $40. A tip I learned is to use motor cycle chain lube on the chain and it will reduce noise and wear.
    Really? I might try that out. And Clevite is well known for making good stuff.

I am limited on timing sets as I need a "straight up" set. Kinda crappy. But I'm glad I have the option.

Comment

I received my carb kit today. I think I'm going to be pretty pleased with it. Ordered it on Friday, got it on today. I like that! $50 shipped.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Comment

Got this today as expected. Always get the right stuff, undamaged, on or before time from these guys. Can't say that about everyone... I couldn't be more pleased.

Corteco (OEM) power steering pump rebuild kit. $22 shipped.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

This thing works great. Not a bad $80 freebe. Came with the truck.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Upgraded Spicer U-joints from www.DennysDriveshaft.com came in today. One day ahead of schedule.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I need a new cluster cover. Mines cracked.

Had to remove the bezel as I needed to put it in the bath tub to wash the dust and dirt off of it. Got in cleaned up and ready to go back on.

Also taking this time to replace the wiper switch and headlight switch. I have some lighting issues and the wipers don't work.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Doin' the carb today. Finally getting started on this thing after gathering enough info and parts to keep rolling with it. Should start making some good progress.

Carter AFB 9755S 750cfm manual choke.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:43 PM.

Comment

This carb was most definitely fucked with.... found all kinds of shit missing and tampered with. Had my father come take a look and show me the ropes of carburetion.

- It was dirty as can be.

- Metering rod on one side was missing a spring. One metering rod was also jacked up.

- One side of the pump jet was clogged. It's also called a secondary booster I believe. So that's why it would fall on it's face with a swift jab at the throttle.

- Secondaries were not opening all the way due to a previous person screwing up a linkage.

I will have it back together in the morning after I hunt down some new metering rods and springs.
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                      I don't know much about Fords, but I bet you could get a factory tach from the big trucks to fit that blank spot in the middle. I'm running a factory tach from a C70 in my C10 and it's pretty cool.
                      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I was thinking the same thing actually. I hope to find one in the salvage yard. I know most diesels came with one. Even if it were from a diesel I'd be happy. I don't ever plan on revving this thing past 4000-4500 anyways.

Comment

This carb is identical to an Edelbrock 1407. I have found 1407 metering rods but no springs. Still hunting them down this morning...

Comment

Had one hell of a time finding the springs and metering rods. But I got my hands on them. $36 and it will preform a little better than it would with factory parts. So that's cool.

Got some fluid too! Gotta have good fluids!

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

It's done. Should run one hell of a lot better. This thing was jacked up. The secondaries will open up all the way now too.

Little bit more performance oriented after the aftermarket metering rods and springs but not by much.

My father said if the truck moved pretty good before it will scream now. Low gears and 400ftlbs make for a fun but quick few seconds before you have to let out of it or puke some rods.

Looks like it's got dried up mud all over it but it's actually pitted and stained. Sand paper will get it off but carb cleaner wont. I got it all out of the inside but as for the outside, well... it can stay like this until I pull the engine out in the spring and go Quick Fuel 750.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:46 PM.

Comment

More stuff today.

Comp Cams Magnum double roller timing set.

This is what I wanted. Align the keyway to the O and that's 0*. Or "straight up".

Fel Pro rubber valve cover gasket set.

Fel Pro rear differential seal.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-11-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X