No announcement yet.

Grumpys93 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So motor is still holding good, Have done a couple tuning runs and everything is holding. Still at 14 psi, but this should change. Since I had some free time during Flight school I decided to tackle something I have been wanting to do since I first rode in H23Accord (Adam)'s car almost a decade ago.

First I went to the Junkyard and got my hands on a 5th gen rear lip and side markers.

Then got this in the mail:

Immediately got to work:

Finished product:

I am very happy with the output. Seriously a night and day difference.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

She looks bad ass bro. I told you the light output would be phenomenal lol. I’m so glad you did up your US two piece headlights. They came out awesome. I might have to do a set myself just to experiment.
      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Ya, love the side shot! I have the rear side lights too but never did install them. I believe there's no template on the bumper for these right?

Comment

Nope, they never came on the CB7. So it’s pretty much up to you where you put them. I like the placement of mine. But I had to grind down some of the side marker to clear the frame and the trunk vent.

If I were to do it again I would push it back about 6 inches.
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13

Comment

Projectors are an awesome thing, especially in these older cars where we become accustomed to crappy light output. It's great to see your car running.

Is that a carbon fiber grille I see? I'm definitely going to advocate for that one. Mainly because it's the same thing I would do, lol. Then again I also still have my stock grille as well as the R33 grille I used to run still banging around in the garage somewhere. I keep them thinking one day I may go back to them.

Comment

You should use your phone to get a 1/4" mile time.. ( use an app).

Comment

Omg its been soooo freakin long...Nick shes still alive !!!
                accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                ....................My New Baby
                SOLD TO
                ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR View Post
                  Omg its been soooo freakin long...Nick shes still alive !!!
                  Holy long time! Seve how you doing brother? You still down in Orlando? This old girl will never die.
                  ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    You should use your phone to get a 1/4" mile time.. ( use an app).
                    Any app you recommend? I’m down to try it. Though I haven’t done much launching. I honestly like 40 rolls. Less chance to break things.
                    ~Nick~

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      Any app you recommend? I’m down to try it. Though I haven’t done much launching. I honestly like 40 rolls. Less chance to break things.
                      I know some people have used thier car mounted GPS. I've never done this, so I'm in for the recommendations.
                      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I am a real fan of this intercooler "front bumper" look on this car. It works for me from the side and front. I know you probably want to get a bumper on there, but I like it, especially for the track (one day...).
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                          I am a real fan of this intercooler "front bumper" look on this car. It works for me from the side and front. I know you probably want to get a bumper on there, but I like it, especially for the track (one day...).
                          I do like the look, always liked seeing cars rolling down the street with a big intercooler. (Gives that look of don’t F*#% with me I am fast). But I would only run it that way like you said at the track or maybe to “show-off” at a local meet. I’m too nervous to drive like that if I were to park it and walk away. The bumper adds some security to it, in case honest people want to do dishonest things.
                          ~Nick~

Comment

I'm trying one called Drag Racer. Uses GPS and just runs all the time when you have it open to record the best 0-60.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              I'm trying one called Drag Racer. Uses GPS and just runs all the time when you have it open to record the best 0-60.
                              I found one that is called race timer, I haven't used it on the car yet, but in my truck it seemed pretty accurate.

Got some new goodies for the car these last two days:

From Christian in Germany:

My plans with these is to do a LED retrofit and redesign the tail light. Not sure how I want it to look but I do like the design of the 2017 GMC Arcadia Limited tail light and I think it may look decent on our cars. If I was good at photoshop, I would try to add the Light Layout to our rear tail lights and see. But Im not computer savvy.

Also got these from Mark:

CRV Retrofitted switches that light up red:

Hopefully I can get these in this weekend and snap a pic for y'all.

Thanks Christian and Mark!
                              ~Nick~

Comment

so looking at the pics you must have hacked the shit out of the front bumper to make it fit over the intercooler?

Comment

Working...
                                X