No announcement yet.

CB7 Feature on High-Performance Handling Handbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that set up is really similar to mine... and i fully agree with this article, o how nimble an accord can be
    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Originally posted by Otto
      I'm really eager and interested to learn more about suspension in both daily driving and performance, especially relating to my car. So any info will be greatly appreciated.
      good to hear...its a major part of the car...a good suspension system will keep in check the fun factor and the safety factor of the CB!....

when doing upgrades...lots of research, user reviews and unfortunately price come into play...im not saying that u can't get good products of cheap, but this is usually not the case.

regarding ur car not taking corners as well as u wanted....a rear sway bar will go a long way...even if you have softer springs, sway bars will reduce that dreaded family sedan roll
      DEVOTE

Comment

you can look for used parts.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
          you can look for used parts.

yeah used parts are great for emergency parts replacement...when money is an issue...

but if u want a serious suspension build, and are saving money...might as well go with brand new stuff...they might be more reliable...
          DEVOTE

Comment

that plus h22 would be sexy!!!!!!!!
            My Ride...

Comment

great info
              My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Response to Illuminas vs Koni

I've had the pleasure of owning both sets of shocks, but I had different springs with each set. The illumina's i actually had the same setup as in the article. Progress Springs, and Illuminas. I loved em!!! Handling was great, shocks were stiff. Oh it was a fun car to take through the canyon.

The second set, I have the koni yellows with neuspeed race springs (aka super cup kit) This set is a little better than the illuminas IMO. But i also have a rear ST sway bar, and with this setup the car loves to hug the road.

I would say that the first setup is a 7, and the second is a 9. out of 10 of course. Ive had my Cb for a while... i love it.

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36
                  I've had the pleasure of owning both sets of shocks, but I had different springs with each set. The illumina's i actually had the same setup as in the article. Progress Springs, and Illuminas. I loved em!!! Handling was great, shocks were stiff. Oh it was a fun car to take through the canyon.

The second set, I have the koni yellows with neuspeed race springs (aka super cup kit) This set is a little better than the illuminas IMO. But i also have a rear ST sway bar, and with this setup the car loves to hug the road. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/newreply...eply&p=924024#
                  bouncy

I would say that the first setup is a 7, and the second is a 9. out of 10 of course. Ive had my Cb for a while... i love it.
                  WoRD!!!

YOUR A OG' MAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    i like my 90 but for some reason 92-93's look different in terms of front end.
                    i mean...all they changed was the front number, headlight and grill...*shrugs*
                    but it looks fucking sexy and i want it.

thats not all they changed...look closely....

lets start with the front

ok..

Headlight lense cover is more curved than the 90-91
                    grill is a little different...its contoured to fit the 92-93 headlights..
                    corner lights are a litte different than the 90-91s
                    front bumper...different
                    bumper lights OBVIOUSLY different!

INTERIOR

only things different is the arm rest and the steering well center ( airbag inside )

REAR

the trunk lid and tails

and thats it

as far as I can see

oh yeah..and the additions:

its got EXTERNAL coil...and ABS and AIRBAG system ( 92-93 )

so yes, the 1992-1993 cbs are a bit more modern than the 1990-1991 cbs..but I still love em all

personally...I would love to find a good condition RUNNING 1992-1993 EX or SE coupe!

for under $3500!!!!
                    Last edited by SN2BH22CB7; 03-16-2007, 12:04 AM.
                    92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                    My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Dang thats sweet. I like the rims too
                      Hellz yeah im now workin at HONDA

Comment

Originally posted by bacal36

The second set, I have the koni yellows with neuspeed race springs (aka super cup kit) This set is a little better than the illuminas IMO. But i also have a rear ST sway bar, and with this setup the car loves to hug the road.

good to know man....i am actually thinking of upgrading my shocks to Koni yellows this summer when I install my STracing sway bar kit....can't wait.!

I hear good things about koni yellows
                        DEVOTE

Comment

I think the 17's are over kill maybe a good fat 16 rim will be more suited to the car.
                          FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7-R
                            I think the 17's are over kill maybe a good fat 16 rim will be more suited to the car.

yeah...the authors definitely made it interesting with big/wide wheels....but 16" are good enough for our chassis.

If anything, for daily use, wider wheels are better than larger diameter...
                            DEVOTE

Comment

nice article

Comment

.932G's! wow, I didn't know my car was capable of that. I guess I under estimated my setup. I've got AGX's with ground controls along with 215/45r17 fuzions so i guess im pretty close to there

member's ride thread
                                93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                                99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                                91 Accord SE 176k
                                97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                                X