Watch Velocity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Velocity

I just got cable and internet last week. Not much of a TV person, but I just found Velocity. I’m not a fan of the British shows as they are mediocre at best, but Texas Metal, B.Jackson auctions, and they have a new show called JDM Legends that’s pretty good.

It’s fun watching these guys build custom bag setups and stuff like that. I just had my first day off this month (I just moved and have been working 6 days a week and getting called in on my day off) so I’ve been doing laundry all day while unpacking and organizing my living room binging this channel. It’s like reality TV for teens but for car dudes. I love it! Is there another channel I’m missing???

British... you talking Wheeler Dealers? I LOVE that show! Ant isn't quite as awesome as the old mechanic, Edd, but still very likeable and good with walkthroughs.

Haven't heard of JDM Legends, but I'm not much of a TV person either, so I don't catch all the new shows. There aren't any other car-specific channels that I can think of (not sure if it's still around, but there was one, can't remember the name, with Overhaulin', Two Guys Garage, etc, but generally Americans are terrible at hosting these kinds of shows imo), but search for Top Gear. British, but with a massive budget. Nut-huggers of the old hosts rag on it, but Chris Harris is a godsend to that show - finally they get a real driver!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yeah I will give credit to Top Gear being a fun watch. JDM Legends just came out last week. There’s a new episode tomorrow on a C10 Skyline restoration. I just watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers that was pretty cool. It was them showing how much HP you can get back from basic tune ups. They got like 40hp back from a HEI distributor and jet swap on an old ass Mustang.

Nut huggers. Lol.
      Last edited by F22Chris; 04-23-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I see the previews for JDM legends on my facebook sometimes...considering I have an FB RX-7 I may watch it just for that episode. It comes on MotorTrend on Demand too.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I just watched the first episode. I think I have a new favorite show.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Of JDM Legends? The new one aired this evening & it was pretty good. I like the guys in the show. They’re socially awkward and seem humble.

Comment

Yeah, JDM Legends. It's about time Japanese cars start to gain some honest respect in this country, so we get shows like this and Gas Monkey building their Z.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

They’re doing another c10 Skyline next Tuesday. Show is awesome!

Comment

Repetition isn't good for a show that wants to last, though. Hopefully they go a different route with this car.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I worked on Speed is the New Black's 1st season on Velocity last year, and back when I had satellite (and was still living at my mom's house), Velocity was just about all I watched.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Anyone know of a way to watch Velocity channel without a cable subscription? I kicked out my roommate, and the cable went with her, but I'm not wanting to get it back and pay that much for what little TV I am interested in. I badly want Velocity, though! Are they on any of the streaming services like Netflix?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I can’t help you there, man. I will say I that I have new faith in Wheeler Dealers. I’m watching a minor restoration of an 82’ Supra, and I want one now. I wish cars were still kinda box shaped..

Comment

Working...
                        X