G23/g22 vtec swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL^^
    Thanks you guys, means alot coming from the 2 of you.
    Haven't had a chance to get the camera to snap some pics, but I will do it asap. work and side jobs have kept me real busy lately
    Previous cb7members ride thread
    86 Nissan d21 in the workshttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=155292

TSM Garage: Honda/Acura, VW/Audi, and Subaru performance and maintenance work.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16 View Post
      Would the timing even be correct using ls gears?..I mean u change the crank sprocket for tooth spacing and for timing interval changes..so how would using a h23a sprocket and ls gears work out timing wise.
      if this was a nonvtec head swap, B16, B18, B20 and H23 gears are all the same. again Mathojie is saying any gears will work.

if its H22 headswapped, then its supposed to be H22 cam gears as the tooth/spacing is diff.

we established this last time mathojie fucked up.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
      So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Sniff sniff....I smell the tag team back at it again..lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

^^^where you been hiding? you avoiding me again? lol

i just cant see simply swapping to h23 cam gears, using h23 timing gear, and f22 water pump would work. i mean the h22 is ridiculously taller than h23/f22b heads. the belt would be so stretched if it were an h23 belt with an h22 head. i just cant see it happening.

sig for mtahojie should be changed from "watch me get bombed as i give wrong info for the G22/G23 DIY"

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Haulass sorry for fucking up ur thread.but I think were all in agreeance that giving wrong info..pisses us off to were we become childish and say silly comments...for that I apologize on behalf of us..just start another thread with good info.. Or have a mod delete or senseless but rightfully pissed off comments

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

hahaha thanks again guys, no bid deal on the comments, I feel better if we steer a newb away from blowing thier motor. But like i said once this is altogether and setup the way i want it with pics I'll get a mod to organize everything.

Comment

1. how reliable is this swap.
                2. any before and after dynos
                3. i have a b1 what compression. will i yeild with stock block.

Comment

1. No matter what you do its only as reliable as the person who did it. SO in other words do it right and it will be reliable.
                  2. Sorry no dyno numbers, Try and search, but you usually don't see too many of these swaps in stock form.
                  3. Don't know what your asking?? If your just asking will it bump up the compression. That depends on alot of things, mainly the piston design of the bottom end your using. If you want to go all motor setup or somethin or nitrous etc etc. A good mod to do is type-s pistons, won't have to sleeve the block and fairly cheap, oem, reliable setup

Comment

nice write up. i will be using this very soon as to i am goin to attempt this and doing the setup turbo at the same time. i am going to try and document with as many pics as possible so that i will post them and you guys feel free to edit.

Bagoon316 and WiKKeDV16 .... you guys need to hit me up soon or get your asses to my house. BEER and BBQ are free when you get here !!

Originally posted by Devergote
                    A CB7 with an H22, a clean paintjob, HIDs with a projector retrofit, some nice wheels, and a mild drop on H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks... that's the perfect car. I'd be happy with that for the rest of my life.

Comment

Ahhaha..

Good food = labor

Beer=encouragement to do amazing things..

What setup u going with jacob?

F22/h23? Or f22/h22?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
                        1. No matter what you do its only as reliable as the person who did it. SO in other words do it right and it will be reliable.
                        2. Sorry no dyno numbers, Try and search, but you usually don't see too many of these swaps in stock form.
                        3. Don't know what your asking?? If your just asking will it bump up the compression. That depends on alot of things, mainly the piston design of the bottom end your using. If you want to go all motor setup or somethin or nitrous etc etc. A good mod to do is type-s pistons, won't have to sleeve the block and fairly cheap, oem, reliable setup
                        1. it will be right no half assing it here.lol
                        2.i found one guy on a local forum that did this swap with a stock f23 block with stock h22a4 head and said it put down 172/166 tuned reved to 6500rpms.( don't know the octane)
                        3.if i were to do this( which i am really leaning toward it) i would use a f22b1 block( don't hate i already have one that is why it will be the block i use) h22 crank( probley balance it and shave it), eagle rods for h22 , wisco 12.5:1 forged pistons(86mm only 1mm over). and as for the head it would be a h22 or f20b(if this guy still has it) and it will be stock till the funds built back up. if i did the math right i think it would make a 2.1L which would be a down grade but i think the extra revs i will enable will make up for the loss in torque. i would think i will be able to rev to 8000rpms and be more relieable and allow for that head to really kick in on flow. i would expect to see atleast 220/170 at the wheels after seeing my local tuner

does this sound like a good plan to the g series peeps out there???

Comment

if your going to do all that, and your just fascinated by rpms, then just buy a f20b and swap that in. Way less money and less work. And it shouldn't take much for that motor to produce the numbers you want either

Comment

Originally posted by HaulAss247 View Post
                            if your going to do all that, and your just fascinated by rpms, then just buy a f20b and swap that in. Way less money and less work. And it shouldn't take much for that motor to produce the numbers you want either
                            i am not so much fascinated with rpm's just would think that is where this swap would come to life i have even thought about destroking the f22 with the f23a head on it get a regrind and tune just to see what it would enable up top( have to get springs to). i don't think anyone makes rods for the f20b but i might be wrong. no matter what i choose to do it will be a full on build that will be over a period of time and done right. and this swap kinda intrest me for na not really for boost. and my end goal would be 250 whp but that a will be with a fully build head too. i think 250 na will be a hoot in a eg.

oh yeah i found another member on here that did the h23 vtec and it made 172/158 at 9:1 cr i think that is what it said in his sig.

Comment

I helped with that hybrid.. That was h23accord's hybrid..made awesome power for being pretty much a stock hybrid.

High compression and it would of made over 200 easy..it was meant for turbo anyway..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by FNEG View Post
                                i am not so much fascinated with rpm's just would think that is where this swap would come to life i have even thought about destroking the f22 with the f23a head on it get a regrind and tune just to see what it would enable up top( have to get springs to). i don't think anyone makes rods for the f20b but i might be wrong. no matter what i choose to do it will be a full on build that will be over a period of time and done right. and this swap kinda intrest me for na not really for boost. and my end goal would be 250 whp but that a will be with a fully build head too. i think 250 na will be a hoot in a eg.

oh yeah i found another member on here that did the h23 vtec and it made 172/158 at 9:1 cr i think that is what it said in his sig.

if you want a fully built n/a then using hybrid with f20b and whatever else your plan is, is gonna be expensive. no one makes rods for the f20a/f20b. also if you put an f20b head on and want to build it, custom valves would have to be made, as h22 valves will fall out of the f20b heads. i believe everything else is compatible. i think your best hybrid would be h23/h22, just cuz the stroke will give you the torque, also the block you can get rods for the f22/h23, and also pistons for h23. the head has numerous parts avail for it as well.

ultimate, would be 12+ CR, pnp head, cammed, nice i/m, nice header, 3" exhaust.

have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X