Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Headlight Light Rings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight Light Rings....

When i see a BMW or other expensive car cruising down the road i see those awesome looking lit up circles around the lights... They are gangsta.... how do you get those? are THOSE what projector headlights do? I've Seen a Few on Ebay but heard bad things about them. And some people have said Retrofit a kit from a tsx or what not. How much work do you have to do to retro them? And the HID lights, are they Xenon or something else? I think i'm going to go with 5000k maybe 6000K cause i need to see deer WAY before i slap into them. I still have the stock bulbs and they are crap. So lemme know!
    COOL!!! < My Ride> '93 EX F22A6

Those are called "Angel Eyes"

And aside from making them yourself, thats it lol.

No company i know of makes them for our model.

Comment

but if you ever decide to do a black housing headlight mod, they do have the angel eyes available to add into the headlights, its just a plastic reflective ring with leds on them, check out ebay or any aftermarket auto/car shop
      671menace

Comment

tsx retro fit is probably the best light output you can get. it might take you awhile if you havent done it before.

FS: OEM Fuel Filter, ES Tie Rod Boots, Chrome Bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by lo_dit
          tsx retro fit is probably the best light output you can get. it might take you awhile if you havent done it before.
          That has nothing to do with the "angel eye" or "halo" effect in the initial question, though.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=halo

Comment

In response to your original question, it is not the actual projector that creates the "angel eye" ring(s). HID bulbs and xenon bulbs are the same thing. I'm pretty sure that people and manufacturers call them xenons because the gas that the bulbs are filled with is called xenon gas. If Im not wrong, all HID light bulbs are xenon gas filled bulbs.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

As far as I know, you are correct.

HIDs are fantastic, especially when paired with a good projector. I believe 4500 is the stock temp. I have 6000 in my GTP (no projector... output is pretty lame) My CB7 has 4500, I think... it's a stock BMW HID setup, run through Audi projectors. Impressive light output. My high beams are dimmer than the actual lights, but it's not blinding at all (they're aimed properly).

Projector headlights are just projectors. The angel eyes are an additional surround... they really don't do anything functional.

If you don't want to shell out the dough for HIDs, you can modify some high beam bulbs (9005) to fit your low beam sockets. I believe there's a DIY on it somewhere on here. The output is better, even with inexpensive bulbs. Not HID quality, but better than the 9006 low beam bulbs.

Comment

So your telling me, if i buy Projector headlights and the Halo ring Kits, all i gotta do is basically superglue those jokers on and run the wiring, with a ilttle extra venting?

Comment

Pretty much. icedplaya123 did his retrofit while he was at work... as a crisis line counselor.

Comment

Found These..... http://www.octanemotorsports.com/Hon...duct_info.html Well?

Comment

Originally posted by Grescht
                      One word: crap. You'd be better off having somebody lay on your hood and hold a Coleman camp lantern. The light output on those is horrendous. The low beam projectors use an H3 bulb, which is intended for fog lights. If you're really interested in improving your light output, search the DIY forums for threads on retrofitting real HID projectors into your stock headlight housings.
                      ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                      '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                      Short ram intake
                      Tenrai Himoto catback
                      Smashed front end
                      Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

they have LEDs in the rings now? i thought they were CCFL.

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                        Honda Accord Euro-R
                        Honda Odyssey Absolute
                        Honda City I-DSi
                        Honda Stream

Comment

Look at Tuee members ride thread.

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

CCFL halos is extremely delicate. However, they are about 10x brighter then that of LED halos. S2000 projectors are just as good as TSX if not better; however the price for those are higher.

Aftermarket projector headlights with halos do not exist; they are all retrofits. Below is the set my friend (I helped! lol) retrofitted for my car...

Custom Retrofitted Aftermarket One-Piece Headlights with S2000 Projector Lenses with Modified* Shield
                            - 6000K Phillips Ultinon D2S HID bulbs
                            - HELLA HID Ballast
                            - 6000K Ultra White CCFL DDE Halos
                            - E46 Xenon Shrouds
                            - Amber LED Corner bulbs
                            *Modified Shield for deeper violet band and intense flicker
                            Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

more pics of the lights...

Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X