Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 injectors on f23 fuel rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not for performance just a replacement. But since I have it I'd like to keep vtec. Yes I know about the header, its already attached. But thanks for looking out

Comment

If you plan on keeping the stock CB7 injector wiring harness you will have to swap to your injectors anyway. The stock F23A injectors are 240cc Saturated and would require the removal of your stock resistor box. The stock F22A 240cc peak and hold injectors will work in the F23A intake and fuel rail without any modification to ether. You will need to make sure that you are using the proper top and bottom injector bushings/seals though.

Do not swap to the POS F22B1 intake, anyone who owns a B1 does the F23 IM swap for a reason. Only thing you will have to address is the IACV. You will need a 3wire to 2 wire IACV adapter plate.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ok I figured out the prob. I have to shim the mounting bolts up about a 1/4 inch in order to use the injectors from the f22a. I have to use these injectors because of the difference of plugs between the two. Thanks everyone for your help and support.

Comment

1/4" shims? I'd place a wager that if you used a longer set of upper & lower bushings you wouldn't need to make shims.... If money is a concern and it's cheaper to use washers/shims then you should go that route.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

19 replies to tell you what I already told you in your other thread on this topic.
            Wouldn't it just be easier to use the F22A fuel rail?

Comment

If he is using an F23 intake and F23 fuel rail, It would be easier just to get some taller injector bushings.

and there are taller lower bushings/seals as well. Using the two easily makes up the 1/4" difference. Depends on which is cheaper I guess.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I need to go lower with bushing if I go that way or raised mounting bolts. I tried to put f22a fuel rail on but the mount holes on the rails are different. I was gonna drill but nowhere to unless I go in the rail where the fuel feeds thro.

Comment

Oh yeah...sorry about that... Shims on rail mounts = using lower bushings.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Lol its alright, I appreciate your help tho man...you too deeves not to mention everyone else but had to spotlight deeves for a min, he knows why lol

Comment

Sorry, I was grumpy last night, and I was also wrong... Glad GhostAccord is here to set things right!

Comment

Shit happens lol. I appreciate everyone's help, input, and suggestions

Comment

This is just to clear some things up and maybe help someone in the future.

This is the f22a1 fuel rail on the f23a1 intake mani. As you can see it doesn't mount the same.

This is the f23 fuel rail with f22a injectors, due to different plugs on the injectors they have to be use with this part of the f22 harness. As you can see it wont sit down all the way.

So in this case I have to shim the mounting bolts up enough to get a good bit to hold it securely without leaks.
                          Last edited by jaemil369; 04-12-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Are the shafts for the F22 fuel rail longer? Maybe you swap them and they will extend enough.
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Shafts? As in the mounting bolts? If so they are different all together

Comment

Originally posted by jaemil369 View Post
                                Shafts? As in the mounting bolts? If so they are different all together
                                Yes the mounting bolts. Im saying can you swap the ones off the F22 IM to the F23 IM and will they be longer?
                                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                                X