Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

should my uca's be visible at stock height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should my uca's be visible at stock height?

Hi everyone my name is David im new to cb7's i'm coming from a bb4 lude, well anyway i kinda fell into this car i got it for free as a gift and i fell in love with it, its a 92 ex sedan and im loving having 4 doors man but i noticed something and it hasn't sat right with me the car is stock everything and it looks it but i noticed that my rear uca's are peaking passed the wheel well so i can see them im not sure if this is right or if my uca or other composites are damaged, im hopping not as i was hopping this car would allow me to start working better paying job now that i can travel.

No, that is not correct. Especially in the rear. So if you jack up one front corner does the rear UCA on the opposite site hit the fender?

Or show us a pic.

Comment

My uca's are peeking out on my accord also, but my car has bigger wheels with lower profile tires than stock and it is not lowered.

Comment

None of that matters. The UCA is attached to the body. It tucks under the fender. Unless you are using rear UCA spacers (which is probably not possible), can't explain why UCA would hit the fender.

pic below has aftermarket UCA but you get the point

Comment

He's not talking about contacting the fender, just showing out underneath. That's completely normal.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

no it doesn't hit the fender, the car is stock height untouched, when i take a turn to hard or im going up the on ramp to the freeway to fast i noticed the uca's do rub my tires a little though. my phone is broken that why no photo sorry.

Comment

also when lowering w/ lowering shocks and springs should i replace the uca's? will the stock ones work?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                None of that matters. The UCA is attached to the body. It tucks under the fender. Unless you are using rear UCA spacers (which is probably not possible), can't explain why UCA would hit the fender.
                I'm sorry I should have said at times you can see the castle nut peeking from the fender. I just figured I could not see it before because of the tires that were on the car before.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141833.../shares/R4LHq4
                Last edited by talonted1990; 12-20-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7xBB4 View Post
                  no it doesn't hit the fender, the car is stock height untouched, when i take a turn to hard or im going up the on ramp to the freeway to fast i noticed the uca's do rub my tires a little though. my phone is broken that why no photo sorry.
                  Its not the UCAs. As you can see from the photo above, the UCA sits ABOVE the curved part of the knuckle. Meaning it will NEVER touch the tires. When the suspension gets compressed, the UCA will move up as well, so there is no contact. If you think about it, the whole knuckle with the brakes, control arms, and everything else is moving up and down WITH the wheel, so none of that will ever rub on the wheel. If you are rubbing while under hard/fast cornering, chances are your tires are coming into contact with your plastic fender liners, or something else in the wheel wells. Check those to see if any part is loose or hanging low.

Originally posted by CB7xBB4 View Post
                  also when lowering w/ lowering shocks and springs should i replace the uca's? will the stock ones work?
                  Accords have a double wishbone suspension design. It is not required to replace the UCAs when lowering the car. However, the UCAs are what control the camber adjustment on the suspension. Stock ones are not adjustable. So when you lower the car, you will gain some negative camber. As long as you only lower the car a reasonable amount, you really don't need to get adjustable UCAs. A little extra camber will not significantly impact your tire wear, as long as the car remains properly aligned, and the toe is in spec. Now, if you plan on dropping the car a good amount (2in+ range or so), that is when it is a good time to consider camber kits, as your negative camber will increase enough to were you may start experiencing tire wear.

As far as brands go, stay away from cheap generic kits. You get what you pay for. For the rear, SPC Performance is the only good kit still available. Make sure you get their curved version of their UCA arms, like so:
                  https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...a/model/accord

For the front, there are two different styles of kits, anchor bolts and adjustable ball joints. Both use the stock UCA, but replace different parts with adjustable ones. There are pros and cons to each design, so its really up to the users preference. Brand wise, Ingalls and SPC are the ones to stick to. Some make more than one kit with different adjustment ranges, so you have to pick and choose what you need for your specific situation.
                  Last edited by Corweena; 12-06-2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X