Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM ATF came in today.

Comment

Replacement driver side corner light arrived today.

As well as the belts.

Comment

Oh and this thing is now leaking fuel. I can smell it in and outside of the car. Don't know where it's coming from yet.

I'm hoping it's just fuel injector seals/o-rings and not the fucking fuel lines underneath. If it's the fuel lines I'm selling it.

Will update when I find out where the fuel smell is coming from.

Comment

Great updates! Must be night and day difference with the muffler repaired. As for the fuel line, that sucks. Ya usually end up replacing the whole line or doing a compression fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Great updates! Must be night and day difference with the muffler repaired. As for the fuel line, that sucks. Ya usually end up replacing the whole line or doing a compression fitting.
            Thanks!

Yeah... it's not the injectors, the filter or anything under the hood.

I haven't looked yet but I assume it's the lines.

Comment

Hopefully, it's just the rubber return line hose from the fuel rail bring cracked, one of the rubber lines at the tank end being cracked, the drain plug for the tank being loose.

Man, you go through these CB's like no one's business!
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                Hopefully, it's just the rubber return line hose from the fuel rail bring cracked, one of the rubber lines at the tank end being cracked, the drain plug for the tank being loose.

Man, you go through these CB's like no one's business!
                I found a wet spot on my driveway when I came home today. I think it's a rubber hose coming from the tank. Which I can deal with.

I guess I do. Just always turns out that way.

Comment

Bought an ABC marine fire extinguisher with bracket. Figured it was a good idea. Especially with the exhaust leak.

How it sits. Putting the new NAPA alternator on tomorrow.

Comment

Put the new alternator in and everything is good! Glad it wasn't anything more complicated.

Comment

Glad the Bosal pipe worked out for you. I had trouble with one for the A6 engine. The pipes were thinner walled and smaller diameter than OEM and didn't fit well. I purchased one from Walker that seemed to match OEM better.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                        Glad the Bosal pipe worked out for you. I had trouble with one for the A6 engine. The pipes were thinner walled and smaller diameter than OEM and didn't fit well. I purchased one from Walker that seemed to match OEM better.
                        I was very surprised for the price. Being strapped for cash at the time I got the cheapest one I could find.

Comment

Yesterday I verified that the fuel leak is running down the fuel tank on the driver side.

Comment

Car wouldn't start Sunday. CEL came on and went off when key turned to accessory without kicking on the fuel pump. Knew it was a main relay. Some pictures of the relay and repair.

2016-10-19_06-49-46 by jcarden405, on Flickr

2016-10-19_06-50-37 by jcarden405, on Flickr

2016-10-19_06-51-20 by jcarden405, on Flickr

2016-10-19_06-51-44 by jcarden405, on Flickr

Comment

Distributor seal is shot. Oil coming out of the dizzy going everywhere. Sourcing an aftermarket unit. Looking to replace within the next few weeks.

Comment

Replacement dizzy.

20161202_181727

Comment

Working...
                                X