92smokeaccord : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    I would doubt it. But if those pistons are 30.5mm compression height, like I would bet they are, then you don't need new rods. If they use a floating pin, which the available year models would suggest they didn't, then you would just order aftermarket rods anyway.

EDIT* It seems that the G25A uses a 138mm rod, as opposed to the 141.5mm rod in the F22A. No good for this engine.
    I wonder though.... I wonder if the wrist pin location is the same. If that’s the cause should be able to just swap rods with stock f22 and run them just boost compression

my new turbo build

Comment

Wrist pin location is what compression height is referring to.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Wrist pin location is what compression height is referring to.
        Hummmm so I’m theroy the g pistons should work on stock f rods.....may have to go shopping next week lol

my new turbo build

Comment

Ok so long overdue update. I really didn’t want to sell my turbo setup but I did. I sold the whole kit for a good price of 600$. Kit it’s self only cost me about 250$ to piece together. But like any good thing it had to end. This is my daily and I just can’t fix the damn car every week and worry about blowing rings to pan every time I hit the gas. Side note car made 298 whp at 20psi lol. BUT! I got a h22a1 for killer deal. It’s in pieces and it melted the center of piston one. But for 150$ I can rebuild it and I already got a spare donor h22 with 3 good pistons. So gonna rebuild this and swap it in with my h22 trans. I’m hoping to get some reliability and some sort of power out of this with out building another motor every month or so.

Here’s some crap pics

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
          X