X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When window rolls up, crooked glass, glass sticks out

found this thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...crooked+window

and there was not a straight answer, didn't find anything else with my search.

With the link given in that site (here), to fix that specific problem (crooked window glass, glass sticks out when rolled up) I would need part 15, correct? Also, would I need the two sashes, parts 13-14, as well? I imagine after 15 years those sashes may be pretty worn.

and for the rear windows (link), to fix a wind noise issue I would needs parts 5, 6, 7, and 8 (for the right side that is)?
    ____

if its the front the bolts for the regulator might be a bit loose
    if its the back the bolts that hold glass to the center arm might be loose

as for the glass popping out, make sure the weather seal isnt cut anywhere

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I had the same problem in our high mileage car. I changed out the glass channel it worked for awhile and did it again, so out of frustration I sprayed the crap out of the window rubbers with silicone spray, solved the problem. I give it a spray every month now.

Comment

the answer is your window seals. i did the same thing with the silicone spray. solved the problem till you have time to tackle the door seal. the seal thats vertical closest to your engine bay is the problem most likely at least it was in mine. the door rubber gets old and kinda shrinks after a while i ripped mine out and then i put it back. made a few snips in the rubber that was all kinda bunched up and has worked fine for about 2 years. im starting to have issues again but not major like before. but the spray takes care of it.
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I always thought that was a window regulator problem.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

well the seal is broken so it will need to be replaced. I will replace it and go from there, I suppose that will be all I need then. Thanks all!
            ____

Comment

what you can do is get the window visers that go over all your windows

this should take care of that problem
              underground Society 757

Comment

This will not make my window not roll up crooked or stick out from the molding. This may cover the glass, but it does not fix anything.

I don't get water leaking in or anything like that...just wind noise and crookedness. Well water CAN get in, but it usually doesn't get in that small hole. And if it rains, I can pull back on the glass with the palm of my hand and make it roll up mostly right, no more gap.
                ____

Comment

Window seal.
                  wat?

Comment

try to get a new molding from a junk yard clean it and it should work
                    underground Society 757

Comment

Got this problem as well. When I got the car it didn't roll up so I replaced the motor and it rolled up but now it pops out kinda crooked unless I help it.

Comment

mine did the same thing you just hav eto tighted the two bolts that hold the window together
                        underground Society 757

Comment

Working...
                        X