Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

low end tourque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low end tourque

as the sub. says...im wondering what would be a good mod to get that would increase the tourque on my many92lx. any help is appreciated. thanks

grouding kit?
    it gave me a little bit of low end torque, especially in 4th and 5th gears on the highway.

but dont buy the $300 kits, you can make your own with equal quality for $50.

other than that, maybe new plugs/wires?
    CB7 + H22A4 + M2S4 + JDM P13

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wallace
      grouding kit?
      it gave me a little bit of low end torque, especially in 4th and 5th gears on the highway.

but dont buy the $300 kits, you can make your own with equal quality for $50.

other than that, maybe new plugs/wires?
      I am curious as to how this happens...could you elaborate please Wallace. Thanks.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

you talking about the grounding kit?
        basically it makes a better ground for your electrical system.
        this gives you a slighter better spark, and improves other parts of the electrical system.

here's a quote from one website:

" This auto wires system (ground wire kit) provides direct ground path from battery negative to body, chassis, and engine components to give extreme improvement on electrical circulation.
        The Hyper Ground System wire cables have 10 times less impedance than factory ground system, which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss. The higher resistances of factory grounds have negative effect to the ignition system and obstruct the primary potential.

Hyper Ground Wire Kits uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide an ultra low resistance connection. This ground wire kit will increase the primary potential of regular cars to ignition-tuned vehicles.
        Key feature of Hyper Ground System (ground wire kit):

Gain Torque and Horsepower
        Increase Fuel Efficacy for Better Gas Mileage
        Better Throttle Response.
        Reduced Emissions.
        Brighter Headlights.
        Reduced Audio Noise. "

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

but how do you DIY??

hey wallace props to the BC accords.

Comment

Thanks for the post Wallace...yea I did mean the ground wire kits, I knew they provided better grounds, but didn't know how this affected much if stockwise you already have grounds. Makes you wonder why cars don't come like this already from factory? Anyways, I can envision how the DIY would be setup, fairly simple concept...connect body, chassis, engine block, cyl head, transaxle to negative battery terminal with some good quality copper wires.

Now, is it of any benefit to ground the intake manifold (cuz of electrical components on it) and/or exhaust manifold (O2 sensor)?

Anything else worth grounding? (ie. P/S pump, alt, starter motor, etc).

Thanks for info.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

you have to connect the negative terminal of the battery to the chassis, throttle body, valve cover, and alternator.

you have to use really good quality wires and connectors.

i dunno about connecting it other parts of the engine.

i got my kit from a member of www.vancouveraccords.com who makes them. i paid $70 canadian. i think the materials are worth about $50-$60.
              i could probly do a DIY even though i didnt make the kit. (i'll have to ask permission from the guy who made the kit though.)

www.vancouveraccords.com

Comment

Working...
              X