No announcement yet.

8.8 Quake off coast of Japan!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the name again of the that one town that got wipped out?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
    01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
    93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
    93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Anyone else watch or read about gilbert godfried and his tistasteful joke that got him fired?

someone posted a reply comment on CNN's fb, that said "he's just guilty of bad timing".

I've never liked him nor thought he was funny anyway, so I just say he's a douche.

life is good.

Comment

what did he say

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

something along the lines of the beach coming to them instead of them going to it.

50 cent also said "well then i best get my bitches outta LA, japan, and hawaii".

Not funny. I understand that some people deal with tragedy by being humorous but imo it's still unexceptable. I have also donated by paypal and I encourage ya'll to do the same if you can.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
            whats the name again of the that one town that got wipped out?
            Sendai is probably what your referring to.

It hasn't fully hit me yet.

I mean how does the human mind wrap itself around an Earthquake that literally moved the Earth's axis of rotation and moved a country literally.

It's almost unthinkable.

When this kind of stuff happens i hate that i have to sit here and watch it on TV and not be able to just fly over there and help.

http://totallycoolpix.com/2011/03/th...ami-aftermath/

Some pictures...some of them didn't work for me, i don't know if they will work for others.

Comment

I say make a event worldwide at your local track called "Drift for Japan". Raise money for the disaster and have fun. What you think?
              Current:
              2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
              1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
              1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                I mean how does the human mind wrap itself around an Earthquake that literally moved the Earth's axis of rotation and moved a country literally.

It's almost unthinkable.
                You don't Ralphie .. the human mind cannot totally comprehend something of this magnitude.
                However, with that being said, the earth has been here for millions of years
                and it's gone through a lot more then we could ever even imagine.

The thing is, earth is simply much more populated then ever before, and when shit like this happens today,
                there is going to be casualties and catastrophe along with complete devastation of property.

Growing up in Hawaii .. I could never understand how sooo many wealthy people would build beach front property.
                With the annual winter swells (normal swells) not to mention the high winds, RE-building is a constant!

Mankind will never learn from HIstory .. period.
                Greed upon more greed + money over hand and fist = a recipe for complete doom.

There was no way any Country, even Japan with all of it's technology, could prevent this destruction and kaos.

Mother Nature is simply saying .. "enough!"
                And she's just taking back what is her's .. if you're in the way? Too bad ..
                I've seen devastaion quite a bit growing up .. I actually saw the wave that Hilo in .. 1960?
                I knew then, at a very, very early age .. that you didn't fuck with changing too much of what she gave us.
                She GAVE us this wonderful planet .. and she went thru hell and high water to simply hand it over ..

And look .. in just a couple of hundred years, we've done a pretty good job of fucking her right up the ass.
                I have NO idea why a nuclear power plant is even that close to the coast to begin with .. specially in Japan!
                Then again, I'm no engineer ..

I'm just a simple man that isn't too difficult to please.

The more populated we become as a planet, the more human lives we'll lose when disasters hit.
                Until slowly but surely, the planet will simply wipe itself out. Then .. we'll start all over again.

But we'll still not learn a thing .. from History.

My heart goes out to all of Japan and it's people. May they reserect an even safer and better land for themselves.

Malama Pono

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

check this video its very powerful!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YssHYGa_UJs
                  MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
                    You don't Ralphie .. the human mind cannot totally comprehend something of this magnitude.
                    THANK YOU. Finally.

People, look at the pictures of the earth 1-2-3millions years ago. I mean, Africa was where Asia is now and there was pretty much only one continent. You think earthquake like this "hurt" Mother Earth in any way? No, of course not. In past billions of years there were earthquakes, volcano eruptions (including super volcanoes), even a fucking meteor storm. People say, "OMG World is going to end!!!!111", etc. Yes it will, if the nuclear war will start and we will begin to kill eachother out. Not because of this

Why do people panic? Because of Globalization! 5 min after the earthquake hit New Zealand or Japan, the WHOLE world knew about it. Why? Becuase of the connections between all the countries ALL over the world(internet). People panic because they dont know what's going on. Other people are smart and they make money of this (example 2012 movie). Imagine 60-70 years ago, Earthquake in Japan. How many countries would actually know about it and care? Well.. i dunno China? Korea maybe? But thats it.

Yes Japan got hit, yes many people died and i grieve for them but Japan is not stupid, and they were "ready" for something like this to happen. They KNOW their geographical position (fucked) and its not the first time (although it was the hardest one) that this has happened. We need to keep in mind that what you hear in the television, you must divide by 10. Yes, there was a danger, but we are not talking (like some news have said before) "...this is second a Chernobyl". In a month or two Japan will get back on its feet.
                    Again,
                    "My heart goes out to all of Japan and it's people. May they reserect an even safer and better land for themselves."

Comment

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                      In past billions of years there were earthquakes, volcano eruptions (including super volcanoes), even a fucking meteor storm.
                      Plus .. PLUS, most of the time ("billions of years ago") this was all happening allllll over the planet alllll at one time
                      No, there wasn't anyone here, although .. the earth changes itself constantly.
                      Hell, there's one volcano on The Big Island that hasn't stopped erupting in what .. 70 years?
                      What the hellll does that tell anyone? lol! Tells me that shit is flying around inside the earth.
                      Always has been, and it always will. Earth is just re-shaping and re-building itself.
                      It's done it since .. forever! She's just evolving into what she's going to be,
                      after she's finished being who she is today ..
                      Imagine this sort of destruction going on alll at once, in every Country, every City ..
                      It'll never end .. and yes .. it's going to get alot worse.

However, I wouldn't say that people are "panicking" .. people panicked alot more back in the day.
                      Before the internet, people were not as connected as they are today.
                      Panic was much more wide-spread back then, because by the time the news hit the other side of the earth,
                      it was so exagerated and blown out of proportion, people freaked out.

Technology has LEAPED in terms of where we were back then.
                      Hell, if I bought a car back in the day and wanted to show it to a friend of mine in Cali,
                      I'd have to wait a few days for the film, then stick a stamp on something I threw the pictures in,
                      and they wouldn't get it for 5 more days .. then, it would be another week to even hear from them!
                      2 weeks!!!! lmao! Today we can stand in a car lot, shoot a pic with a cell phone and upload it ..
                      and in about 30 seconds, I can show all of you here at CB7T, my new "used" CB9 ..

Two weeks .. into 30 seconds .. pretty fawkin amazing!
                      911 was put out LIVE over the networks .. every radio, TV, ham radio, cell phone, you name it ..
                      It stopped the planet in it's feet .. litterally! Technology has taken over and it's not stopping there.

Pretty soon (IMHO) we're not even gonna be shocked as much in the future.
                      Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by DariuszZ View Post
                        Imagine 60-70 years ago, Earthquake in Japan. How many countries would actually know about it and care? Well.. i dunno China? Korea maybe? But thats it.
                        I found no problem with anything you wrote, and agree with all of it, but i had to correct this.

I assume you wrote it to fast and didn't process it.

60-70 years ago would be roughly the 1940's-1950's.

If an Earthquake of any magnitude had hit Japan, the whole world would still know about it, albeit, a lot slower then today, but there were news reports back then lol.

Your thinking of a time more like the 1800's, even then word would have spread, but at a snails pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                          I found no problem with anything you wrote, and agree with all of it, but i had to correct this.

I assume you wrote it to fast and didn't process it.

60-70 years ago would be roughly the 1940's-1950's.

If an Earthquake of any magnitude had hit Japan, the whole world would still know about it, albeit, a lot slower then today, but there were news reports back then lol.

Your thinking of a time more like the 1800's, even then word would have spread, but at a snails pace.
                          indeed. thanks.

Comment

Comment

apparently the water table in S.FL rose up 3in cuz of this quake :-O

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post

The thing is, earth is simply much more populated then ever before, and when shit like this happens today,
                                there is going to be casualties and catastrophe along with complete devastation of property.

Growing up in Hawaii .. I could never understand how sooo many wealthy people would build beach front property.
                                With the annual winter swells (normal swells) not to mention the high winds, RE-building is a constant!

Mankind will never learn from HIstory .. period.
                                Greed upon more greed + money over hand and fist = a recipe for complete doom.

There was no way any Country, even Japan with all of it's technology, could prevent this destruction and kaos.

Mother Nature is simply saying .. "enough!"
                                And she's just taking back what is her's .. if you're in the way? Too bad ..
                                I've seen devastaion quite a bit growing up .. I actually saw the wave that Hilo in .. 1960?
                                I knew then, at a very, very early age .. that you didn't fuck with changing too much of what she gave us.
                                She GAVE us this wonderful planet .. and she went thru hell and high water to simply hand it over ..

And look .. in just a couple of hundred years, we've done a pretty good job of fucking her right up the ass.
                                I have NO idea why a nuclear power plant is even that close to the coast to begin with .. specially in Japan!
                                Then again, I'm no engineer ..

I'm just a simple man that isn't too difficult to please.

The more populated we become as a planet, the more human lives we'll lose when disasters hit.
                                Until slowly but surely, the planet will simply wipe itself out. Then .. we'll start all over again.

But we'll still not learn a thing .. from History.

My heart goes out to all of Japan and it's people. May they reserect an even safer and better land for themselves.

Malama Pono
                                Yes a human mind can... you did not witness the tragic event first hand.

you do realize what your state is right? a tourist hot spot. you don't understand why the wealthy people move to your state to get an awesome view? kidding right? besides the military, tourism is the second largest income hawaii has. i'm not from hawaii and even i know that

tell me, what man made contributions have been produced that fucked "mother nature" in the ass. educate me

that is right, you are no engineer or architecture so you would not know

its not like "mother nature" is rebelling, it is cyclinic dude

Comment

Working...
                                X