This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm....

Ive been needing to get a soldering iron anyway....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Yeah! just cut and strip the 2 wires that go to the blubs and put the load eq across the two wires, than solder it all back together. Irons at RS are like 9 bucks.

Comment

If you were going to break out the iron, you would be better off retrofitting an electronic flasher in.
        wat?

Comment

I suppose, But this is just twisting and soldering 8 sets of 3 wires... It seems cheaper and easier to me.

Comment

oh my gosh that is SEXY!! I HAVE to do this now! AND that clear conversion makes it over the top
            ____

Comment

Is it possible to compile all the info to date into a document of sorts so that it will make it easier on the newbs?
              Confucius say...when god gives you gators...make Gatorade

Comment

Originally posted by TristansCB7 View Post
                Is it possible to compile all the info to date into a document of sorts so that it will make it easier on the newbs?
                NO...you must read through all 98 pages!!! it is a right of passage

mods do that with their pages...but the OP could make a new thread...but...why really?
                ____

Comment

So I dont get why you guys are going out and installing "load equalizers"....cutting up your car?
                  Why dont you go out and buy the CORRECT turn signal relay?
                  I believe they call it "Heavy Duty"
                  You could have no bulbs plugged in and it still blinks normally.
                  One of the LED websites sells them for the Hondas, its like $30-$40
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Equalizers are like $12. Why spend $30, $40+ ?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                      Hey! Instead of spending $13 for load equalizers at autozone, you can just pick up the same 7.5 ohm resistor at radioshack for like 99 cents. The only difference is you have to solder it.
                      Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                      Hmm....

Ive been needing to get a soldering iron anyway....
                      Yeah! just cut and strip the 2 wires that go to the blubs and put the load eq across the two wires, than solder it all back together. Irons at RS are like 9 bucks.
                      Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                      If you were going to break out the iron, you would be better off retrofitting an electronic flasher in.

I suppose, But this is just twisting and soldering 8 sets of 3 wires... It seems cheaper and easier to me.
                      Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                      So I dont get why you guys are going out and installing "load equalizers"....cutting up your car?
                      Why dont you go out and buy the CORRECT turn signal relay?
                      I believe they call it "Heavy Duty"
                      You could have no bulbs plugged in and it still blinks normally.
                      One of the LED websites sells them for the Hondas, its like $30-$40
                      Equalizers are like $12. Why spend $30, $40+ ?
                      Your solution is "3 Pin Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Fix Turn Signal "
                      Located above fuse box thats under stering wheel and its only $9 why in the world you need to get those expensive load equalizers for all bulbs.
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Pin...mZ150296595342

Comment

And, what, does that just plug in under the dash?

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
                          Your solution is "3 Pin Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Fix Turn Signal "
                          Located above fuse box thats under stering wheel and its only $9 why in the world you need to get those expensive load equalizers for all bulbs.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Pin...mZ150296595342
                          where else can you get that other than ebay?
                          ____

Comment

And, what, does that just plug in under the dash?

This one should b/c its rectangular like one that cb7 has, but mine were square and it would not fit to original socket, so i had to run 3 wires with connectors to make it fit.

It say japanese cars and it looks like one cb have.
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-PIN...spagenameZWDVW

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                            where else can you get that other than ebay?
                            Get it from V-Leds.com

Comment

im having mad issues
                              i just installed 4 of those on my brake and tail lights....and
                              when i press the brakes...all my lights turn on ! my speedometer lights up, climate control etc !
                              any solution ?
                              Members Ride - 1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

That sounds like a wiring prob. Maybe even Main Relay....

Comment

Working...
                                X