Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the depo harness. Its already wired up all i had to do was connect it. the problem is once all connected the fogs aren't coming on

EDIT: I got them to work thanks alot guys
    Last edited by slick; 06-21-2007, 09:15 PM.
    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick
      I have the depo harness. Its already wired up all i had to do was connect it. the problem is once all connected the fogs aren't coming on

EDIT: I got them to work thanks alot guys

Good going.
      My 1993 LX

Comment

Originally posted by k_checo
        So I have been trying to get my lights up and running since I seem to have everything in place.

(Harness I used)

(For OEM Switch)
        thats the wire harness i used. I cut the wire right before the connector to the switch that came with it and began to wire everything up. I connected the white line to pin E on oem switch, then soldered the black wire(which connected to pin D and another black wire( which is connected to pin B) and ran em all thru the firewall. The black wires were bolted to chasis and the white wire(switch wire) led to the relay. Now the red wire coming off the connector was wired to pin A on oem switch and for pin C i used a seperate wire which i had bought and soldered those two and ran it to Pin/Prong 3 in the kickpanel fuse box.

Please verify with me that its right.

(From the relay)
        I bolted black wire to chasis and then went along with wires heading to foglights and connected white to + wires on lights and black to - wires on lights. Red wire with fuse is connected directly to + terminal on battery.

When I began to read this I began to realize that the black wires heading to lights were supposed to be leading to ground. Did not do so and want to ask for suggestions on doing so
        bump
        My 1993 LX

Comment

I just purchased this harness, will it work perfectly in my car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUI...spagenameZWDVW
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Stright Success
            I just purchased this harness, will it work perfectly in my car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUI...spagenameZWDVW
            Bump!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
              Mike, I was going to send you a PM, but your box is full.. This is essentially what I was going to write to you. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Well, lo and behold, even after reading this thread, I ran Positive power from a pin, but not with foglights. I was in the middle of running up my DRL's, needed positive power, and I didn't really think about what I was doing.

Well, my pin stopped working. I have since changed my setup and put a relay in to control power and the pin is just a remote wire, but my ignition pin still doesn't work. The weird thing is though, that everything else that needs to turn on when the key is in the ignition, still turns on. The clock, fuel pump, ect...

I tried going through the electrical diagrams, that got me nowhere. Is there a particular relay in the car that controls the pins that I could check to see if I fried something? Hopefully someone has a little bit of insight to help me out.

I have the exact same problem.. I wired my fogs to the ignition and it looks like I fried my ignition pin in the fuse panel! Arrr... Did you end up resolving this? I'm thinking the ignition pin on the fuse panel isn't a good idea to use in this setup...

Comment

search Item number: 230168801129 on ebay and that's all you will need and just hard wire it to your battery and you should not have problems frying your oem wires or harness...
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
                  search Item number: 230168801129 on ebay and that's all you will need and just hard wire it to your battery and you should not have problems frying your oem wires or harness...

That ebay item is just a wiring harness... The diagram is the exact same one that came with my foglight kit... The wireing harness described in this thread is exactly the same as the one described in that ebay diagram. Good harness for those who don't want to make their own though...

Comment

I got a question.

I have the OEM harness and relays but when it came to OEM, how many harness were there to be used in this. I have two wiring harnesses. Someone told me i need a 3rd? is this true?

Comment

did you bolt down the relay to the stock location for it and if so where is that i have been trying to find that out.
                      ZING!

MY RIDE

-=HondaSpace=-

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_honda_PIG

did you bolt down the relay to the stock location for it and if so where is that i have been trying to find that out.
                        I have a after market fog light set from depo and I just bolted my relay to my battery tie down in case I ever need to get to it
                        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                          I got a question.

I have the OEM harness and relays but when it came to OEM, how many harness were there to be used in this. I have two wiring harnesses. Someone told me i need a 3rd? is this true?
                          Yes it is supposed to be 3 parts. (these could be out of order but pretty sure they are correct)

Part 1 fog light plugs

Part 2 switch with wiring to go through firewall

Part 3 wiring in the engine bay from fogs to relay and from relay to switch

If you need a part I have some extra from my kit just let me know

Comment

I have my foglights wired in so I can use them anytime I want. Car off/on, whenever. This is kinda bad because if I forget to turn them off my battery will drain. You know our cars have that dink-ump, dink-ump noise when you forget to turn off your headlights. How can I wire my fog-switch to that dink-ump noise that comes from the head lights when you forget to turn them off?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Stright Success
                              I have my foglights wired in so I can use them anytime I want. Car off/on, whenever. This is kinda bad because if I forget to turn them off my battery will drain. You know our cars have that dink-ump, dink-ump noise when you forget to turn off your headlights. How can I wire my fog-switch to that dink-ump noise that comes from the head lights when you forget to turn them off?
                              Why don't you just use the parking light signal instead of having it on all the time? Wire it up normal and it won't drain your battery

Comment

Originally posted by slick
                                Why don't you just use the parking light signal instead of having it on all the time? Wire it up normal and it won't drain your battery
                                They are not on all the time, I can turn them off/on whenever I want just like my headlights. Car on/off I can turn them on/off. I sometimes like driving with just either my fogs on or my fogs and parks when the sun starts to go down. Or if I'm in the park for some quick 1 night love, I can turn on my fogs and the radio with my car not on (low lighting so not to disturb ova people having sex) and handle my business.

And behold, the day I made that f-ing post is the first time I've ever forgot to turn them off. What are the odds. Left school and battery was dead. Imma just look at the wiring diagrams and wire it up to the dink-ump-dink-ump sound if I leave them on.
                                Last edited by Straight Success; 09-25-2007, 12:08 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                                X