Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INT : 5th gen Lude Cluster Swap into CB7 EX-R M/T (A/T Avail.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

benjermen112, to tell you the truth, I don't recall exactly which was A,B, or C, but it all becomes clear when you cross reference the amount of pins and/or the colour of the wires (i figured it out by matching the first...say 3 wire colours)

Flatline, talking labour time alone, I'd say about 5 hours over a span of a few days. And I got lucky with the cluster & got it for $100...as you'll be hard pressed to fine one that cheap nowadays.

f20aaccordturbo, thanks for letting me know, but I just wanted to save ppl from any headache. It would be really troublesome to someone if they started on their lx, and things started to not add up, it would be really frustrating to me, so I didn't want it to happen to anyone else. I'm not 100% sure on what the differences are, but If you know them, feel free to list them, so that others that tackle the project may know.
    I AM VTEC, HEAR ME ROAR!!

Comment

hummm your type s looks a bit different. oh well gj on getting everything hooked up. y such a big gap on the corners of the bessel ? trim up the top to get it to sit a bit more flush. gj tho ttl
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

f20aaccordturbo, thanks for letting me know, but I just wanted to save ppl from any headache. It would be really troublesome to someone if they started on their lx, and things started to not add up, it would be really frustrating to me, so I didn't want it to happen to anyone else. I'm not 100% sure on what the differences are, but If you know them, feel free to list them, so that others that tackle the project may know.[/QUOTE]

i have a Lx is it that much different?
        Freedom Is Not Free
        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

If you have an Lx there shouldn't be much difference. the difference is in the years. and if you follow the color code you'll come out close but some colors aren't the same from year to year as far as function so if you have a different year. And on a 91 for the 'A' harness there are only 7 pins....

Here are pics from a 91's harness so you can get an idea of how youll have to re-pin if your doing a 91 instead of a 90:

harness A

B:

C:

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
          My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

damn i want this for my cb, i'm gonna stat looking into this.

Comment

I got my 5th gen lude cluster. I have a 92 LX Auto and i use this D.I.Y thread, everything worked fine.
              My ride History:
              Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
              Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
              Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
              -----------------------------------
              1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

What do the auto guys do for the 5speed cluster swaps? Im swapping myself from auto to 5speed soon anyways, and i want to get rid of the drive indicators on the cluster?
                90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
                2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by js593 View Post
                  What do the auto guys do for the 5speed cluster swaps? Im swapping myself from auto to 5speed soon anyways, and i want to get rid of the drive indicators on the cluster?
                  Just buy a 5-spd cluster . It's either that or paint over 'em...which is just ghetto...lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_91/DX View Post
                    I got my 5th gen lude cluster. I have a 92 LX Auto and i use this D.I.Y thread, everything worked fine.
                    And it looks dope Elvis.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

It does indeed. Also, anyone who has done the swap using the DIY, please do let me know, and let me know if there were any problems with the DIY so that I may rectify them. Also, if you know exactly what the differences are between LX & what not, please do let me know, and we can add whatever changes are necessary to make it easier for those with different models to complete the swap. Cheers

Comment

nice deal! gotta love the lude cluster. thanks for sharing good info.
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

okay, picked myself up one of these today! I got one from a 97 Prelude Auto, and my CB7 is a 93 EX Coupe Auto, so would that make my life a little easier, everything being Auto and all? And I noticed that you did yours in a 9091, would the addition of the airbag in my 93 have an affect on anything? I havn't quite read through ALL of your DIY yet, but it looks promising

Here's the cluster I got:

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            ]

No pigtails....? weak. when you go to look for them its easier to just buy the entire dash harness and really is not that expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by OnBBS17s View Post
                              No pigtails....? weak. when you go to look for them its easier to just buy the entire dash harness and really is not that expensive.
                              yeah I KNOW! I didn't realize til' I got home that the connections aren't exactly connections, they're just a flimsy sheet w/ copper wires lol, so that'd be kinda hard to solder wires to lol. I'm going back tomorrow at 7am before work and gonna grab them. So get the entire harness? where exactly does it plug into on the other side? I know one side is the cluster, but where does it lead to? in the engine bay? or is it near the driverside kickpanel?

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                                yeah I KNOW! I didn't realize til' I got home that the connections aren't exactly connections, they're just a flimsy sheet w/ copper wires lol, so that'd be kinda hard to solder wires to lol. I'm going back tomorrow at 7am before work and gonna grab them. So get the entire harness? where exactly does it plug into on the other side? I know one side is the cluster, but where does it lead to? in the engine bay? or is it near the driverside kickpanel?
                                What I ment is if you couldnt get pigtails from where ever you got the cluster just check ebay for a 97-01 or what ever lude dash harness. the full harness is easier to find then finding just the pigtails.

Comment

Working...
                                X