SUSP: Spc Camber Kit Install With Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSP: Spc Camber Kit Install With Pics

I just did this yesturday, and thought i'd share. Someone else did a engalls DIY, well here is the SPC. I bought the kit on ebay new for $150.

First of all, lift up the front of your car and support with jack stands. After removing your wheels, procede to remove the upper arms http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=camber+kit

This is what happened to my tires after only one year rolling on a -1.5 camber. This drop is on neuspeed sport springs, a 1.75 inch drop. I rotated my tires often enough, but anyhow, here they are:

SPC camber kit, adjusts from +1.5 to +3.0. It is an adjustable upper ball joint.

Get yourself a nice big hammer, and go to work on getting the old ball joint out. Hit it with the control arm upside down.
    It's hammer time!

Follow the instructions that come with the kit. They are very simple. The only thing you have to do is press the bottom plate of the kit into the upper arm. I used the trusty hammer for this to. Be careful though, you have to have the plate lined up correctly with the mark on the upper arm.

Here is the finished result.

I'm not sure if the folks at SPC are backwards thinkers or what, but the instructions said to make the camber more positive by moving the knuckle inwards towards the car. This is the reverse of reality. You will see that this is the case when you try it. Moving the knuckle towards the car makes the camber more negative, not positive.

After installation, I took the car in for allignment, and they were able to fine tune adjustment to 0.0 camber left, and -.2 right.

So far I have driven over a hundred miles with this kit, and have had no problems whatsoever. No stange noises, no harshness, and no upper arm banging against the fender wall. The kit is supper easy to adjust with the wheels on the car. All you gotta do is lift the car, loosen the bolt on top of the kit, and slide the knuckle inwards or outwards. Then tighten the bolt back down to 95 ft lbs. I give the kit a

My swap thread
    Main relay proplems?--DIY

Cool. I heard if your car is lower more than 2", like with my neuspeed race setup, that you should keep your camber at -1 or so. If you set it to 0, then the upper control arm bangs into your frame. Does that happen with your drop with your camber at 0?

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
      Cool. I heard if your car is lower more than 2", like with my neuspeed race setup, that you should keep your camber at -1 or so. If you set it to 0, then the upper control arm bangs into your frame. Does that happen with your drop with your camber at 0?
      The chance of your upper control arm banging will increase the more you drop your car, and probably varies with each type of kit. I've had no problems.

My swap thread

Comment

Originally posted by i97supratti
        That may happen with the other type of kit that moves the UCM out, but this just moves the knuckle.
        2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
        Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
        1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

The banging issue is only an issue for tha anchor bolt kits, not the ball joint kits I believe.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

really ??? fucking a. can someone give me a definite answer on this, cause ill go get the ball joint kit tomorow. my ass was thinking backwards. i figured if i go tthe balljoint kit it would bang cause the balljoint kit has an extra nut on top of the balljoint??

if anyone can give me a definite answer i'd apprecate it
            .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

bump for an answer
              .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Nice writeup I def need to get in gear and go buy a kit.thanks and good job!

Comment

Looks good, clean pics. Thanks for the info. Any problems rubbing or hitting the control arms in the front / back?

- Zipcreature
                  Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                    really ??? fucking a. can someone give me a definite answer on this, cause ill go get the ball joint kit tomorow. my ass was thinking backwards. i figured if i go tthe balljoint kit it would bang cause the balljoint kit has an extra nut on top of the balljoint??

if anyone can give me a definite answer i'd apprecate it
                    to my knowledge and experiences from past owners on this kit, it does NOT hit the inner fender even though there is a nut at the top. it's usually the outter most part of the arm that hits. in this case it would be the outter edge of the balljoint that would hit. he isn't that low enough for that though.

i have a 3" drop on anchor bolt ingalls camber kit set to -.3 deg correction and i had to trim the arms to clear. it's all good now. after that the next thing you worry about are the tires hitting the inner fender LOL.
                    1cor10:31
                    - 92 LX coupe
                    - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Yep, Timmy is right on the money with that answer.

I've had no problems hitting. I don't have a kit on the back, don't really need it there.

My swap thread

Comment

I got the ingalls ball joint and mine seem to be hitting when i hit bumps and stuff. IM pretty sure its the ball joint because before i didnt hit but im also on coilovers now too. It sounds pretty bad too
                        Originally posted by timmy0tool
                        it's usually the outter most part of the arm that hits. in this case it would be the outter edge of the balljoint that would hit.
                        I think thats where mine is hitting. But i dont even think im that low.
                        Last edited by accordingly2004; 05-25-2006, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Okay, you win. WIN!!!!!1!11

I went and measure my shit the other day, and wouldnt you know it, the tires have 1mm difference inside/outside (only 2000kms on tires ). pissonme! Im an idiot, so I plan on getting some Sprint Extremes + their super amazing camber kits in which replace the upper control arms lol. If money permits that is... or maybe... its because... the tires are GOODYEAR! AUGH!
                          Last edited by Dv8; 05-27-2006, 02:16 PM.

Comment

sweeet install how save is that balljoint....

Looks kinda scary...

How much you pick up the kit for?

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              sweeet install how save is that balljoint....

Looks kinda scary...

How much you pick up the kit for?
                              Hopefully it's a quality balljoint. Should be safe as long as the nut is torqued to 95 ft lbs.

It looks scary because the car is lifted, and the boot didn't get a chance to settle down a little.

Price is listed above.

My swap thread

Comment

Working...
                              X