Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do 6.5 or 6.25 speakers fit in those DX/LX pods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do 6.5 or 6.25 speakers fit in those DX/LX pods?

I got a 92 ex coupe, which has those speaker thingies. SO i went to JY and got 2 speaker pods out of a 90 DX/LX. I keep reading that 6.5 speakers are suppose to fit in there. I measure the distance across and it is 6 1/4's. What is going on here.

6.5" Speakers have an overall diameter of around 6.5".

The mounting diameter, the part that fits in the hole, is less than 6.5". Usually 6.3" or less.

Edit: around 5.75" mounting diameter
    Last edited by sonikaccord; 02-28-2019, 08:08 PM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      6.5" Speakers have an overall diameter of around 6.5".

The mounting diameter, the part that fits in the hole, is less than 6.5". Usually 6.3" or less.

Edit: around 5.75" mounting diameter
      So i got to find a set of 6.5 speakers that fit my 6.25 mounting diameter? So no ordering speakers from amazon. I must go to a store.

Comment

Zed I think your issue is that you got the wrong speaker pods. DX/LX have round smaller rear speakers than the EX/SE which have the oval larger speakers. Go back to the junkyard find an EX/SE grab those pods and you should be good to go.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          Zed I think your issue is that you got the wrong speaker pods. DX/LX have round smaller rear speakers than the EX/SE which have the oval larger speakers. Go back to the junkyard find an EX/SE grab those pods and you should be good to go.
          I am talking about the fronts. I should of clarified that is was the fronts am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
            I am talking about the fronts. I should of clarified that is was the fronts am talking about.
            You can order speakers from Amazon. Make sure you verify the specs and dimensions first.

Honestly mounting *depth* should be your primary concern as you may have to cut the back of the speaker pod out to fit your new speakers.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I got some dx/lx pods and 6.5 speakers fit fine if you get 2 inch mounting depth or below.I got the infinity reference shallow mount speakers for front which are 1 and 13/16th inch depth. The accord ex pods only fit like 4inch with that speaker box it comes with. Which i think is stupid. Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Working...
              X