No announcement yet.

Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still working on this. Really trying to get the "waves" out of it. I've filled and sanded it about 3 times now, one end of it really has a large raise in it. Sanded with 300, 600, 800, 1000. Time for paint now, but... my paint area sucks. I need a plan for proper paint setup.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:44 PM.

Comment

And there's only so much paint can fill. Looks good from afar but far from good lookin

This is just one coat of primer. And this really is "me learning to fine tune" my body work skills. I'll have to sand again, fill these and then it will be good to go.

Upon closer inspection...

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Fill em!

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Well i give credit to body shop folks. This spoiler still turned out like shit. Maybe it's because it is a fiberglass part and it's hard to make it smooth,... i dunno. I also can never get the shine as good as a pro can...

Looks great right... ?

Can anyone comment on what i can do to make this shine proper? You can see the shine of the trunk vs the spoiler. I used Maguires polish on it for 20min and then polished for 10min.

As the saying goes. "Looks good from a far, but far from good looking"
          Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Well i got the fog light working last night, sorry no pics. Just a mess of wiring anyways. For a lot of the internal small electronic additions I've split off one of the two wires for the cig lighter. One of the wires is a "always on" wire (cigg lighter), and the other wire is a "ign on" wire (light for the cig lighter). They are great wires to tap from as they are isolated. The rear fog light has two wires for positive and ground. So I just ran the positive wire up the drivers side, and under the rug at the driver seat area. Then to the switch in the console and then to the tapped wire. Of course ran an 10amp inline fuse straight off the tap.

Light works great, but is BRIGHT AS FACK! Deev was right about it being so bright and how it would annoy other drivers. Not my style, so I'm either going to tint the lens a bit which I don't really like the thought of doing, or tint the bulb? Tint film on the inside of the light? I'm not sure yet. You guys have any ideas?

Comment

SWEET! I haven't been on here in ages and its great to see cars like this. Makes me miss my old turbo accord. hows the wheel spin tho?

Apexi|HKS|Cusco|Eibach|Bilstien|Momo|

92 ex-T sold
              94 z28 M6 sold
              89 turbo targa white package supra sold
              92 SW20 MR2 sold

03 Impreza WRX

Comment

Originally posted by youngJAY View Post
                SWEET! I haven't been on here in ages and its great to see cars like this. Makes me miss my old turbo accord. hows the wheel spin tho?
                I appreciate the kind words man! And wheel spin is always an issue haha. I remember racing a guy last summer and between the noise of the cars and the excitement of it all I knew I was spinning 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but it was hard to tell how much or where the limit is. So boost by gear is needed, which I have the option for. But... there roads I'll drive with a sharp u turn up hill and half way through the turn I can drift the whole front end out of the turn, hit the limiter and in to 4th... and it's awesome (but wouldn't be possible in boost by gear maybe). So ........... just really need to learn the car. I wish there was a track to practice on.

Comment

trunk is open a bit but you get the idea. The fog light is twice as bright as the normal tail light. It needs some form of tinting. I did see someone on this site who tinted his with tint spray stuff, but that would be permanent damage. Going to try to find some kind of paste on tint.

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:46 PM.

Comment

haha, i'll buy $1.00 tint.
                    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Practical-Car...HZpcrA&vxp=mtr

Comment

Rear fog is suppose to be bright. If you ever see any Audi or Mercedes that looks like part of the tail light is super bright that's the rear fog. It is intended to only be used during foggy conditions, so tinting it would reduce its efficiency. Unless your just going for the look.
                      Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-02-2017, 12:03 AM.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Ya, i didn't tint it.

I always wanted the intersection lights to be brighter, so I bought these things.

Before:

After:

Ya... not sure what to think yet....
                        Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Still gotta say that the best OEM seat swap are the early prelude seats...

Last edited by Raf99; 07-08-2017, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Out of the CL seat's I've had, I haven't driven on the '03 CL Type-S seats. But I still want these Prelude seats. I just haven't found a black leather set yet. I found a prelude that had a black leather interior finally this past weekend.... Only all the seats and door panels were gone, I did manage to nab the parking brake lever and black leather boot though. These seats are very comfortable no doubt.

Why is it out of the car though?
                            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

The second-generation CL/TL seats are amazing. They're exactly what I need after working on engine stuff when my back is strained from the bending.

This past weekend I drove my '03 CLS6 a few hours back home where I have the spare engine from my low-mile car that I wrecked to swap engines. I had low compression on the J32A2 that was in the CL I'm driving now. We swapped the engine and had it back running in 10 hours and I was back on the road to Denton. After 10 hours of bending over the engine bay, the seats were comfortable and supportive. Actually, supportive doesn't even begin to describe them. It's fits you like a glove and just holds you in one place. They grab your upper back to support it in a way that takes some of the load off of your lower back and butt. They're just awesome. If they didn't weigh over 60lbs each, I'd put them in the CB.
                              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Out of the car bc when i would go over bumps there would ber a small squeek from one of the bolts by your right hip (that bracket I made). Took it out and changed the things around a bit, used a different spacer, added one lock washer, inspected it. I also ran the fog light wire under the seat/rug area there and was easier to simply take the seat out.

Comment

Working...
                                X