Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Exception to the rule regarding sales?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exception to the rule regarding sales?

Hi, CB7 family!

I am currently selling a set of wheels that are 4x114.3PCD and know that I will have a broader market here among the CB7 crew. My car is a 1995 Honda Civic with '96 ITR brakes/ hubs and so 4x114.3 like many of you. I understand the rules regarding beginner sales and respect their purpose, but am curious of a possible exception to the rule in my case. I will not be posting frequently in this forum as I do not own an Accord, but am active on Honda-Tech with many smooth transactions and several long distance wheel sales. Please let me know your thoughts on this and any possible exceptions.

-Russell

Originally posted by Paroykos View Post
    Hi, CB7 family!

I am currently selling a set of wheels that are 4x114.3PCD and know that I will have a broader market here among the CB7 crew. My car is a 1995 Honda Civic with '96 ITR brakes/ hubs and so 4x114.3 like many of you. I understand the rules regarding beginner sales and respect their purpose, but am curious of a possible exception to the rule in my case. I will not be posting frequently in this forum as I do not own an Accord, but am active on Honda-Tech with many smooth transactions and several long distance wheel sales. Please let me know your thoughts on this and any possible exceptions.

-Russell
    Just out of curiosity, why would you think that we would make an excpetion for a complete stranger to enter into a transaction with someone here when the rule is there for this exact reason?

And in all honesty, you should have contacted a mod/admin about this instead of opening up the discussion to everyone.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 03-06-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Lol I was wondering what was going to be said about this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Just out of curiosity, why would you think that we would make an excpetion for a complete stranger to enter into a transaction with someone here when the rule is there for this exact reason?
        For the above stated reason. I understand the spirit behind the rule, it just seems a bit overprotective. If someone is PayPal verified, etc. then that is at least added assurance. Additionally, I have a solid reputation on a site as large as Honda-Tech with at least 3 long distance transactions where I shipped a set of wheels. I'm not hear to argue the rule in any way, just asking if an exception can be made under the circumstances so I can sell a set of wheels or at least post a link to my Honda-Tech thread.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        And in all honesty, you should have contacted a mod/admin about this instead of opening up the discussion to everyone.
        My intention was to elicit a response from a(n) mod/ admin. Thank you.

Comment

An exception will not be made. There are methods to circumventing the safeguards Paypal has in place, so that is not protection enough. This site serves to provide a community for Accord enthusiasts first and then the other things fall in line afterward. It is not beneficial for the site in any way to allow someone in for the specific purpose of selling parts who is not a vendor.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'll give him credit, he at least DID read the rules. If you really want to sell them that bad, post more often, get to 30 posts, and then go in the classifieds section. We really aren't asking much, just for you to invest time. However keep in mind that just because you have 30 posts doesn't mean you will get a quick sale. Experience is everything in this community.
            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
            If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              An exception will not be made. There are methods to circumventing the safeguards Paypal has in place, so that is not protection enough. This site serves to provide a community for Accord enthusiasts first and then the other things fall in line afterward. It is not beneficial for the site in any way to allow someone in for the specific purpose of selling parts who is not a vendor.
              Understood.

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
              I'll give him credit, he at least DID read the rules. If you really want to sell them that bad, post more often, get to 30 posts, and then go in the classifieds section. We really aren't asking much, just for you to invest time. However keep in mind that just because you have 30 posts doesn't mean you will get a quick sale. Experience is everything in this community.
              Thank you for your reasonableness. I will do my best and understand any reservations someone may have. Thank you!

Comment

Simply making this thread, and announcing what you have for sale, is a fucking sneaky way of circumventing the rules while "asking permission". I bet if I hack into your account right now, I'll find a PM or two from interested members... and if I did that, I'd be banning you AND them.
                If you were truly seeking permission, rather than trying to be a sneaky motherfucker, you'd have simply PMed me or one of the moderators to ask this question.

I suggest you delete this thread, or you will be banned.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Simply making this thread, and announcing what you have for sale, is a fucking sneaky way of circumventing the rules while "asking permission". I bet if I hack into your account right now, I'll find a PM or two from interested members... and if I did that, I'd be banning you AND them.
                  If you were truly seeking permission, rather than trying to be a sneaky motherfucker, you'd have simply PMed me or one of the moderators to ask this question.

I suggest you delete this thread, or you will be banned.
                  You are false in your accusation. I honestly did not even consider for a moment PM'ing any of the moderators nor attempt to be sneaky. It isn't that important to me to sell the wheels, I was only attempting to wisely broaden my market. I truly meant no harm or "sneakiness," only to sell something I own. Thank you for your kind words.

Comment

You were warned, instead you decided to check out Tippeys Legend MRT, rather than deleting this.
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
                    X