windshield trim??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windshield trim??

I cannot remember because it has been a very long long time, but when you buy a windshield for these cars, do they come with the trim to replace it? I am wondering because I just bought a new cb7 and it has a cracked windshield and missing the trim for it!

93 accord coupe lxr
    10 fusion se slammed

Nope trim is not included, I have used safelite they reused my trim. It looks like Honda does not make the glass anymore but you could still get trim peices from them or at the junk yard. Are you gonna change it yourself?
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
      Nope trim is not included, I have used safelite they reused my trim. It looks like Honda does not make the glass anymore but you could still get trim peices from them or at the junk yard. Are you gonna change it yourself?
      no I was going with safelite exactly lol

93 accord coupe lxr
      10 fusion se slammed

Comment

ok found my answer.. they do replace the chrome molding so I am good.. they only charge 10 bucks for it a total of 179 which isn't bad.. my 2010 ford fusion windshield was 350 so hell yeah.. this thread can be closed or deleted..

93 accord coupe lxr
        10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Originally posted by fstacrd View Post
          ok found my answer.. they do replace the chrome molding so I am good.. they only charge 10 bucks for it a total of 179 which isn't bad.. my 2010 ford fusion windshield was 350 so hell yeah.. this thread can be closed or deleted..
          Better check again. The $10 is for a new set of clips to reinstall (not replace) the existing trim (if you had it). You will need new trim or pieces from a JY.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Better check again. The $10 is for a new set of clips to reinstall (not replace) the existing trim (if you had it). You will need new trim or pieces from a JY.
            you are incorrect.. talked with them on the phone and it is the CHROME MOLDING...

93 accord coupe lxr
            10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Originally posted by fstacrd View Post
              you are incorrect.. talked with them on the phone and it is the CHROME MOLDING...
              For $10? Sorry, I'm still skeptical, but I will reserve judgement until they actually do it. That's what a glass shop charged me for clips for reinstallation of my existing chrome trim.
              Last edited by Fleetw00d; 05-31-2013, 05:54 PM.
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Yeah, I see no way that they can provide new chrome molding installed for $10. It's not just a bulk roll of random chrome strip that they have lying around. Though in their case, it might be.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Most shop's carry universal windshield and back glass chrome and trimed molding.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Just fyi, I made an appointment with Safelite to replace my windshield next week and they said over the phone that they can reuse my trim. No need to go to the junkyard to get replacement pieces.
                    My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                    Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                    Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Just to chime in, the last time I had my CB windshield replaced I opted for the chrome molding to be replaced. The $10 was only for the upper horizontal molding, they still needed the 2 vertical trim pieces to still be on the car.

Let's see how this process may have changed.
                      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Working...
                      X