No announcement yet.

owequitit : 2013 Accord EX-L V6 6-Speed Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me the point of coilovers isn't so much about constantly readjusting... it's about the matched dampers and getting it perfect the first time.

The increase in spring rate is high but something has to give when you cut wheel travel. In any case I think the Advance Z dampers will still maintain some suppleness over fast impacts. Plus you can adjust them (though I think that is just rebound.... compression is probably fixed).

Other thing to consider with spring rates is the conditions of your roads. If you were in the snow belt I'd say hell no. But I imagine the roads in AZ are OK. At least as good as they are here. G is mostly comfortable... only cringe worthy impacts are due to FUCA clearance since the spring rates are a little too soft. IIRC (unfortunately) you shouldn't have that issue. I'd go for it. I'm happy with Tein, they made a good product.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      For me the point of coilovers isn't so much about constantly readjusting... it's about the matched dampers and getting it perfect the first time.

The increase in spring rate is high but something has to give when you cut wheel travel. In any case I think the Advance Z dampers will still maintain some suppleness over fast impacts. Plus you can adjust them (though I think that is just rebound.... compression is probably fixed).

Other thing to consider with spring rates is the conditions of your roads. If you were in the snow belt I'd say hell no. But I imagine the roads in AZ are OK. At least as good as they are here. G is mostly comfortable... only cringe worthy impacts are due to FUCA clearance since the spring rates are a little too soft. IIRC (unfortunately) you shouldn't have that issue. I'd go for it. I'm happy with Tein, they made a good product.
      I'm not going that much lower, so a massive increase in spring rate isn't really that necessary. Consider too that their own lowering springs that drop it about 1.5" are about 15% stiffer, which was consistent with the Neuspeed Sports I put on the CB7 (and which gave a fantastic ride). Since I am only looking to go a slight bit lower to dial out some of the inherent body roll and give it a slightly better stance, that 81% just seems like overkill. But the next step up is even stiffer still.

I'm not in AZ, but the roads are not TERRIBLE here, but they are also not as good as everyone assumes because substrates out here tend to be more difficult to work with. That said, I want to be able to take the car to ANY roads (including CA's crappy roads) on a road trip and still have good ride quality. I'll have to think about it some more. Neuspeed was always my go to because they were progressive, weren't too wild with the drop, picked a reasonable spring rate and had just the perfect rake (about .2-.3"). I'll take a look at the BC Racing coil overs too as I have heard good things about them as well. I may also see if the Progress Rear Sway bar cures my complaints like it did on the Si.
      Last edited by owequitit; 02-13-2018, 04:44 PM.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

i have a 14 6/6. i definitely recommend the TRS hid retrofit. its really easy to do. id be lost if i had to go back to oem lights. get the led fogs too. i want to get pcd/ktuner for mine soon. you had any transmission trouble? had my 1-2 gear set replaced under warranty @52k. been good since then. at 64k now. had the clutch replaced while the trans was out.

[IMG][/IMG]
        COUPE K24

Comment

I work with a Co-op who's got a 16' 6-6. His is pretty much tuned to the max with all the bolt-ons and precat deletes. Making about 290whp. I drove it and it's got not enough tire in the front to put that power down.

His mod list is in the description of the vid. He's using a TLX rear sway

Here's a vid of his dyno run:

Last edited by Losiracer2; 02-14-2018, 01:05 AM.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
            i have a 14 6/6. i definitely recommend the TRS hid retrofit. its really easy to do. id be lost if i had to go back to oem lights. get the led fogs too. i want to get pcd/ktuner for mine soon. you had any transmission trouble? had my 1-2 gear set replaced under warranty @52k. been good since then. at 64k now. had the clutch replaced while the trans was out.

[IMG][/IMG]
            Did you put a plug and play kit in the car before you retrofit it? I had great luck with a plug and play on my Si, and with the cut-off on the stock projectors, I can't see it being worse. I guess I am just hesitant to crack open the headlights if I really need to.

As for transmission trouble, I haven't had any problems yet and all of my syncros seem fine. It does seem to balk a little bit about 5th gear when it is cold, or if I am rushing shifts. I also may need a clutch soon, as it seems like it is starting to get inconsistent, and my clutch fluid level indicates quite a bit of wear on the disc.

I also have no idea if they did transmission work since it was a CPO, but I would guess not, because I would have thought that they would have replaced the clutch for that. How much was your transmission repair and clutch job? I realize now these have a dual-mass flywheel and it seems to be pretty expensive from Honda.

P.S. Took it for a 170 mile round trip cruise through Lake Mead Recreational Area and Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada today and it was a FLAWLESS GT car. Probably needs a little more rear sway and some good tires and brakes, but other than that, very little to complain about. I'll have to do the circuit of AZ 89A to confirm I don't want to make any changes, but I think it mostly just sliding around in the seats more than in the Si that makes it feel like it is rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
              Did you put a plug and play kit in the car before you retrofit it? I had great luck with a plug and play on my Si, and with the cut-off on the stock projectors, I can't see it being worse. I guess I am just hesitant to crack open the headlights if I really need to.

As for transmission trouble, I haven't had any problems yet and all of my syncros seem fine. It does seem to balk a little bit about 5th gear when it is cold, or if I am rushing shifts. I also may need a clutch soon, as it seems like it is starting to get inconsistent, and my clutch fluid level indicates quite a bit of wear on the disc.

I also have no idea if they did transmission work since it was a CPO, but I would guess not, because I would have thought that they would have replaced the clutch for that. How much was your transmission repair and clutch job? I realize now these have a dual-mass flywheel and it seems to be pretty expensive from Honda.

P.S. Took it for a 170 mile round trip cruise through Lake Mead Recreational Area and Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada today and it was a FLAWLESS GT car. Probably needs a little more rear sway and some good tires and brakes, but other than that, very little to complain about. I'll have to do the circuit of AZ 89A to confirm I don't want to make any changes, but I think it mostly just sliding around in the seats more than in the Si that makes it feel like it is rolling.
              P.S. Nice ride! Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                I work with a Co-op who's got a 16' 6-6. His is pretty much tuned to the max with all the bolt-ons and precat deletes. Making about 290whp. I drove it and it's got not enough tire in the front to put that power down.

His mod list is in the description of the vid. He's using a TLX rear sway

Here's a vid of his dyno run:

Stock it doesn't have enough tire. If I punch it in 2nd gear, it will break them loose. Partly due to no LSD, and partly due to a WIDE torque band. It definitely requires a different technique than a typical NA four banger Honda. That said, mine is all stock but with a little bit of care it isn't too much of an issue.

I have heard about the TL/TLX sway bar swap, but I think the Progress is bigger and it is 2 position adjustable, although it might be worth it to look at it.

Comment

I forget about that color.

You know what color I LOVED. Tiger eye pearl.

A lot of people think it looks like dogshit lol. I think that it looks great, since it changes so much depending on the light.

But they only made it for coupes lol.

But yea. Im still torn over the 2.0T. Id probably save a lot of money buying a 2017 EX-L and get a lot more features then a brand new 2.0

I just like that it comes from the factory with a turbo, so that Id have a great platform to start with and I like that the new "sport" is based of the EX, as opposed to the LX, so it has a lot more features but looks great exterior wise. Just not sold on the fastback look yet.

The 2017 coupes with HFP kits look killer though. On my sedan, all I wanted to do was a flushie, convert to dual exhaust, and black out the windows. These cars look that good.

Waiting to see what changes they make on the 10th gen when they refresh it. If its a show stopper, then ill probably get that, otherwise you just can't go wrong with the J35.

Every time I get a new car, im like "v6 this time" and I always stick with the 4banger. Def not making that mistake next time, and Im going to probably get a 6spd as well. Been too long.
                  Last edited by Ralphie; 02-14-2018, 02:23 PM.

Comment

A decent HID kit in the projectors should work fine. The projectors are essentially the same as the ones in the last TL, obviously built around a halogen bulb.

Originally posted by lordoja
                    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

yea pnp TRS kit. nothing less. also did switch backs in the corners. the retro is really easy once you get the light apart. have to drill a hole in the reflector housing but it gets covered up by the shroud when the light goes back together.

this is what your car gonna look like lol. theres like a million push clips holding the bumper on.

the clutch and hour labor to install was almost 800$. the rest of the trans repair was done under 5/60 warranty. they told me it was a one time repair so they know its a common issue with these transmissions. my cl has 235k on it and it wayyyy smoother than my 9g with 64k lol. mine kinda "blocks" 5th also when its cold. but since the repair, its been doing good.
                      Last edited by '93CB7Ex; 02-14-2018, 09:00 PM.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

yea pnp TRS kit. nothing less. also did switch backs in the corners. the retro is really easy once you get the light apart. have to drill a hole in the reflector housing but it gets covered up by the shroud when the light goes back together.

this is what your car gonna look like lol. theres like a million push clips holding the bumper on.

the clutch and hour labor to install was almost 800$. the rest of the trans repair was done under 5/60 warranty. they told me it was a one time repair so they know its a common issue with these transmissions. my cl has 235k on it and it wayyyy smoother than my 9g with 64k lol. mine kinda "blocks" 5th also when its cold. but since the repair, its been doing good.
                        I've also found that with Honda's "new" transmission fluid, it likes more frequent changes. I could always feel a change in behavior on the Si and I knew it was time to change it. After the change, it was much smoother and easier. I never did have syncro issues on that one either, and it it was also a notorious car to have that problem. I will probably change my tranny fluid to keep it on schedule with the oil changes since that was just done.

I'll probably try a good quality HID kit and see how I like it before I pull things apart.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I also installed the little rubber console mat from the 2016-2017 Accord, and the OEM floor well red LED lights, which you totally can't see unless you have white shoes on. Debating drilling the filter for more output.

Comment

console mat? havent seen that yet. i also did the foot well lights. disappointing for sure. im gonna drill mine out one day..
                            COUPE K24

Comment

console mat? havent seen that yet. i also did the foot well lights. disappointing for sure. im gonna drill mine out one day..
                              http://www.collegehillshonda.com/pro...T2F-A01ZA.html

They also have a wireless phone charger for the 2016-2017 that I am pretty sure could be retrofit into a 2013-2015 with no problems. You would have to replace the lid of the same cubby that has the aux inputs from a 2016-2017 though.

Comment

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/pro...T2F-A01ZA.html

They also have a wireless phone charger for the 2016-2017 that I am pretty sure could be retrofit into a 2013-2015 with no problems. You would have to replace the lid of the same cubby that has the aux inputs from a 2016-2017 though.
                                I saw that wireless charger option a few weeks ago.

I use the USB port though, id assume that would be relocated or removed completely, as I do not see it in the pics?

Also you need a QI case, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X