Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what does $150 and a paperclip get you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does $150 and a paperclip get you?

So, just couldn't resist the temptation I see lol. well for me it just so happened to be my second cb7 lx, and oddly enough just so happened to be the same interior and exterior color as my first!

this one tho, its a 5 speed, has the ex wheels and wing. I should have pics up tomorrow (later today) of her, just trying to freshen her up a bit with a good scrub and wax job (horrible paint job+clear toast)
    I found her while on a delivery run and rescued it from being scraped by the junk man for the same cost, pulled it home with my van and after a little research found out about pinning the starter\clutch interlock switch.
    grabbed a paperclip out the desk and after a few failed attempts at cranking it with the completely dead battery on the booster cables I caved in and threw it on the charger for 3 hours and boom, she fired up!
    so far after topping off the oil and fresh gas in it, it shifts fine and stays in gear ive gotten up to 70mph with no issues in the gearing just a few bogs after a more through inspection noticed the valve cover wasn't exactly seated properly, that was today's adventure
    trip to autozone for a valve cover gasket set, and ordered the valve cover stud broke off by the po, pulled up the cam cage for the needed spark plug o-rings and waiting till 9 rolls around to speed down to the dealership for the bolt to come in then put the cover back on and crank it up again and see how she fairs. (edit) well took 3 tries at the stealership to get the right bolt but its finally here and bolted together, still idling on the high side but shes no running as hot as it did before and no more leak from an improperly bolted valve cover
    150 for the car,30 for the gasket set and 13 for the stud\nut, not a bad deal so far right? now the bad lol. after taking the cam cage off turns out the po or someone else must have lost a washer or bolt with the valve cover off and the cam has a pretty good gouge in it along with the cam holder where the remnants of the lost object has become one with the head.
    so as they say, ride it till the wheels fall off, or the cam lmao, then onto the motor swap ^_^. i missed my first cb7 which i lost to a head gasket failure and sold, this ones not going anywhere anytime soon and all mods I had wished for my auto cb7 of old will be done to this one. so thanks for the view, any opinions are always greatly appreciated and welcome and check back soon for pics, its 1 am and i need to get some sleep since the little ones gotta be up ant to school in 6 hours.
    3/31: I also came across another motor for 250, miles unknown but its still in the car so it can be found out as well as cranked up so im just waiting for the right time to snatch it up and have it ready for the swap

PICS!

Last edited by PoeticRuins; 04-02-2015, 11:24 AM.

Nice find man, looks clean! You scored, can't beat that price. Looking forward to some updates.

Comment

thanks, so far just putt puting it around the house and up the road to the gas station to break in the gasket job and see if the spark plugs still get soaked in oil like before, i figure 2 more days and ill pull the plugs again and see what i find

almost had what i needed to start the 5 lug swap, now i just have to decide between rear disc or keep the drums -_- choices choices

Comment

Working...
      X