Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice stuff J!

Shoot me a PM and tell me ALL about that phone.

My contract is up in Sept and I was looking at the MotoX

Did you customize that one?

The specs are pretty much equivalent to the best phones out right now, but its much cheaper.

Im assuming that is because of build materials, but idc.

I can't bring my phone into my job site, so I leave it in the car all day, so not having a charge is no longer an issue for me, so I don't need an extended battery(hence my Moto Razr maxx)

Comment

I thought this was BEAST of an interview with Scott Kelby ..
      http://scottkelby.com/2014/why-i-switched-to-canon/

When HE says he shoots in aperture priority, it's justified to ME lol!
      When Ken Marcus says HE shoots in JPEG as opposed to RAW, it's justified to ME!

Scott also suggests (in this interview) that the Canon lends a better image "result" for SKIN tones.
      I've been behind the lens for what .. over 40 years now? I've owned EVERYTHING,
      and I did a TON of research before moving over from medium format 6x7 Pentax FILM, to digital.

For me, Canon feels better, and I really like they're lenses ..
      Could they improve? Always! But 64 focus points? Wow! Whud we do before auto focus lol?
      Oh yeah, that's right .. we used our left hand!

Great interview .. if you have like 12 minutes ..

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

i personally shoot manual for a lot of different reasons, and to me shooting raw is the same as keeping your negatives... i dont need the camera to be deciding what i want for post production for me. dont get me wrong i deal mostly in jpegs but its nice to have the raw files available. one feature i love on my 5d3 is having two card slots. i shoot one card with jpegs and one with raw files... just makes it easier to edit and seperate.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
          i personally shoot manual for a lot of different reasons, and to me shooting raw is the same as keeping your negatives... i dont need the camera to be deciding what i want for post production for me. dont get me wrong i deal mostly in jpegs but its nice to have the raw files available. one feature i love on my 5d3 is having two card slots. i shoot one card with jpegs and one with raw files... just makes it easier to edit and seperate.
          I alternate between aperture priority and manual mode, and always shoot RAW on the largest setting. Joe McNally has a passage in one of his books that made me always shoot that way. It simply said that you can't make a picture bigger (more resolution) and you never know what the picture will need to be used for, so bring plenty of cards and always shoot as big as you can.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

The Chronicles.

Comment

The Chronicles.

Comment

finally updated my work station.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
                  Chris, really strong shots here. Any background info?

Originally posted by Maple50175
                  Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

thanks dude. ive just been making an effort to shoot the people in the city that could use some help on my way to and from venues these past few weeks. going to do it a bunch more too i think.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Wow Chris, agree....strong shots.

I saw the one with the chick above on Flickr.

Great stuff!

As far as settings, I live in AE land lol. Unless I absolutely need to obtain a certain shutter speed(TV) or I am not getting what I need or have lighting issues(M), I usually stay in AE. Occasionaly I'll use P when Im lazy lol.

I usually shoot in RAW, just because I like knowing an image can be salvaged if someone really likes it and I don't get it right IC.

Sometimes If Im shooting a not so serious event or just "hanging" out, I'll shoot JPEG just so I don't have to edit anything haha.

Comment

thanks dude!

just been grinding out my 365 some more... and im shooting events 6 days a week these days... got some traveling coming up and im stoked for that.

ive been digging the heavy blacks as of late...

The Chronicles.

Comment

Woah! Sick lighting in that second one, oouuuhh so deep!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

thanks! its from a party i shoot bi-weekly... quite the spectacle.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Here are some recents of mine-

I wish I had the time to shoot as much as you guys!

Buddies new Fairlady

Some snow pics

Last edited by Ralphie; 02-16-2014, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I was shooting with another photographer at the Branson (missouri) Motorcycle Rally last summer, and they edited them right afterwards but gave me all of my files when he was done. I finally went through all of my images and am pretty pleased with how they came out. It was a Harley rally, but they had a pit-bike race course, a freestyle moto-cross demo, an MMA fight, etc. The harley shit was boring, so here's my best shots of the cool stuff!

Branson Motorcycle Rally 2013 by Jcareyphoto, on Flickr
                                "Cowboy" Kenny Bartram set up a kicker ramp for a freestyle MX demo.

Then the pit-bike guys moved the kicker ramp a lot closer to the landing for some fun of their own:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcareyp...n/photostream/

I made my first attempts at panning shots during some of the races, and think they came out well:

Followed by a stunt show:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcareyp...n/photostream/
                                That night was finished up with the MMA fights:

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                                X