No announcement yet.

Frankenstein lives!! H23VTEC headswap complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get out then and research what has to be done.. its not hard at all..

<btw.. .my pm count just skyrocket'd lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

meh...this may piss ppl off... heres the hypa medallion i found for 1/5 the price of what they retail bad pics.. ill get betters later
      Attached Files

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Adam Much love and mad props!1!

I cannot wait to see this thing in person, and you will have to give me a ride

Please get some dyno #'s and time slips up, I'm dying to see what this can thing can do!
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Thanks guys. It was a lot of work involved in a very short period of time (3weeks I believe) so it was quite an experience and quite a rush. As far as what all is involved in doing the Frankenstein, I actually did a lot of hw on HT and also on just the internet in general. Actually, on HT i met a guy that did the swap on his h23 lude and spoke with him via email about what all was needed and he assisted me a lot. I would recommend to first do hw on what is involved and what all is needed since it is already posted up. That initial hw may help you more than I can right off the bat since I don't quite remember every single part that was swapped or altered. After that, you probably want to talk to Wikked since he has more knowledge of engines than I do.

No, I am not holding out on you guys and not telling you how we did it. I am just saying read what is out there first and then come back and ask us because it makes things easier on everyone. I have no problem telling you how it was done although I am not as familiar with it all as much as Wikked is. When I get a chance I will try to dig up the web sites that I visited to help me and I will post them up on here.
          "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

great post count = ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

thats amazing man ...pimpin
              http://photobucket.com/albums/y35/doneaccord/?action=view&current=DSC00643.jpg

Comment

If the bottom end is Stock, Go back and shim you oil pump as a minimum! By shimming the oil pump there will be more oil pressure in the higher RPM range. This is done by adding a "spacer" to the bypass spring inside the pump. YOU NEED THE EXTRA OIL PRESSURE if you are going to be driving this hard.

This will help tremendously with the longevity of your engine.
                Last edited by 2point6; 03-05-2005, 03:24 PM.

Comment

cool guys...so is what is the advantage of this type of combination? is it like a hybrid best of both worlds, more displacement or just being original? either way cool

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                    If the bottom end is Stock, Go back and shim you oil pump as a minimum! By shimming the oil pump there will be more oil pressure in the higher RPM range. This is done by adding a "spacer" to the bypass spring inside the pump. YOU NEED THE EXTRA OIL PRESSURE if you are going to be driving this hard.

there will be RARE occasions this motor sees 7k.. i had to nag and nad and nag to get him to go to 5,500rpm.. i dont feel longevity will be a problem..regardless.. this isnt the end of this project.. phase II wil be underway.. in which (ill be contacting u for advice on the build)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6

Oh really!?! I will have to look into this. I don't drive it hard, but am always interested in preserving longevity. Good looking out and I will look into doing this in the very near future. Thanks

Originally posted by starchland
                      cool guys...so is what is the advantage of this type of combination? is it like a hybrid best of both worlds, more displacement or just being original? either way cool
                      I did it because my timing belt decided to go and I had the h22 head lying around. A hybrid is basically a crossbreed. To some it may be considered the combination of "the best of both worlds" but that is all relative. To me, it provided the low end torque of the h23 along with the vtec/other capabilities of the h22 in the upper region of the rpm. So for me thus based on the way I drive, yes, it is the best of both worlds.
                      "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

Awesome work, can't wait to see some dyno #'s. Better quality pics would be nice too
                        ProjectParty.net
                        Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

Id do what 2point6 says even though it may sound simple its the simplest things that can turn into alotta shit on shit.

Comment

Yea I am planning on it when MRX and I meet up for tuning.

Also I went to have my tech check out the cels for me and fix my moonroof since it wasn't closing all the way for some odd reason (something was lodged in the track). He fixed the tps problem and now my exaust is louder.
                            Plus vtec cel is still coming up. The p06 converted into p28 hasn't been tested in a vtec car yet so that is one scenario that I need to figure out. Also, it could be wiring although wikked and I checked the wiring several times. I am thinking I need to find someone in my area that has a p13 just to compare and help eliminate some scenarios. I am open to suggestions by the way...

Comment

awesome work guys.. truly a historic creation here... can't wait to see some numbers.

you guys better make it out to the TN meet

Comment

will do.. all 4 hybrids will rep it up at the TN meet.. W00TT!! lol.. anyway.. hopefully we can work something out wiht a fellow member.. to send adam a p13 to try.. and see whats what with vtec..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X