No announcement yet.

Bisimoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cues the can of worms I didn't mean to open on my facebook one day. I was ready on the group buy many moons ago. After what I have seen time and time again I am glad I didn't get one now. I guess I am more sadden that one from our own community did us the way he did and is now on top of the world. I hate when folks do that...
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      I'm not surprised that gasket blows; those flanges don't look even. And is the end flange cracked? It looks super thin, too.
      That's just how I got it from the seller that day, so the gasket he supplied was immediately tossed in the trash. When it has a new multilayer metal/paper gasket it looks much more even.

The back flange is pretty thick, 3/8" thick about, I don't have any problems with that one, especially with a 1/4" thick gasket between that and my cat. I also added a flexpipe section to the cat to make it less rigid when installed.

I think what I need to do to prevent the header to DP gasket from blowing is add a provision where it bolts to the back of the block like OE to make it more rigid where flexing in those joints is not wanted

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        Cues the can of worms I didn't mean to open on my facebook one day. I was ready on the group buy many moons ago. After what I have seen time and time again I am glad I didn't get one now. I guess I am more sadden that one from our own community did us the way he did and is now on top of the world. I hate when folks do that...
        sorry about that!

He was never one of us. We were just a cash cow to him. A way to finance higher profile projects that would make him more money. There’s not a lot of money in expensive parts for relatively unpopular cars (compared to lighter, better-supported Civics, we might as well not exist!)

Bisi came from the Civic world, and his attitude was pretty much what should’ve been expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
          Want to know the man Bisi? Watch the first episode of the Netflix show "Fastest Car". What a tool.
          On your recommendation, I watched that show last night. To be fair, everyone in that episode (aside from the guy in the wheelchair, who still had his moments) is a tool bag. That chick is "going places" with an attitude like that, though I bet she's still every Facebook tuner guy's wet dream.

The whole premise for the 7-day lead up to that race is stupid. Everyone of those idiots has taken their car down a 1/4-mile drag strip before. What was your time? Compare notes and determine a winner. This isn't the movie Grease.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            On your recommendation, I watched that show last night. To be fair, everyone in that episode (aside from the guy in the wheelchair, who still had his moments) is a tool bag. That chick is "going places" with an attitude like that, though I bet she's still every Facebook tuner guy's wet dream.

The whole premise for the 7-day lead up to that race is stupid. Everyone of those idiots has taken their car down a 1/4-mile drag strip before. What was your time? Compare notes and determine a winner. This isn't the movie Grease.
            I mean, there is a reason that i only watched the first episode. It was a weak attempt to grab some of the Discovery Channel's market share. It's apparently what outsiders think car culture is.
            Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 07-19-2018, 10:52 AM.
            1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I can vouch for Accrdwgnguy. It was GraniteCB7 who had major issues with his and he did a back and forth with a rep from Bisi who was on here for awhile and it didn't pan out.

I didn't stop me from trolling Bisi on Instagram since every once in awhile he does a live video feed from his HQ in California..eventually he told me they would still make one as a special order through them.

What I liked the most that proved that his 'design' was nothing more than an over hyped piece of pipe was the call out on Honda Tech when they debunked the 22 hp gain claim.

REAL Bisimoto header test (2011)

When they found out they were in fact made over sees well ahead of the H22 group buy. Even though they claimed they were made in the US

Bisimoto + Research = Chinese Truth (2012)

Sucks he was in it for the business aspect of it and ran once he made his money.

Shit he didn't even race that Civic Si he built for Honda...in the last live video I saw it was basically parked to the side and had collected pretty good coat of dust on it...even that got bashed on Honda Tech because supposedly the angle of the turbo was way off and apparently Turbonetics isn't that great of a product to begin with.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Turbonetics SUCKS! Garrett and Precision are the 2 top quality brands IMO.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

^ lol, skip to 28:35 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_a5E8Gf2g

Accord Aero-R

Comment

That's pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                      Turbonetics SUCKS! Garrett and Precision are the 2 top quality brands IMO.
                      Borg Warner might have something to say about that, too.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Borg Warner is a very good brand also, my personal preference just happens to be Garrett and Precision.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                          Or just buy the PLM... I’d buy an eBay brand manifold with an a4 downpipe/2.5” collector before I bought Bisi on principle alone for what happened in the past.

On the off topic, my wife memorized basic parts of a gasoline engine from me drawing it on a napkin while drinking at a bar one night!

Blew my face off with how she’s capable of retaining things I tell her once. One night I was babbling on about the SBC build I was wanting to do, and she was like “yeah the block contains the rotating assembly which is the crank, rods, and pistons - and the head is separate usually with the camshaft, and valvetrain assembly, but the one you’re doing the cam is in the block.”

Needless to say, she got the D that night. And the amount of arguments I’ve won can be counted on my hands xD. If they care about you, they pay attention.

Haha this was awesome to read!
                          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Isn't he working with Hyundai now? Personally i never bought any of the products because i found it too damn hard to drop that kind of coin specially when the header alone was about the price of a CB. I did see certain forums where he attacked the customers and installers in an effort to defend the products he was selling, i remember one instance where he offered to repair bad welds for an extra 1k plus which to me sounds ridiculous for a header that was already in that price range. Regardless of actions there are always those willing to overlook the faults and defend at any cost, look at people STILL buying VW and opening accounts at WF.
                            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

VW and WF weren’t as blatantly screwing their customers directly. I’d actually buy a VW more willingly now that they’ve been knocked down a peg or two. They now know they need to work to retain customers!

Bisi was doing something with Hyundai. Not sure if it’s official, or if he’s just embracing another unloved platform to gain another sucker fan base.

Comment

Working...
                              X