View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar View Post
Hey guys, correct me if Im wrong but couldn't the op add something like 30-40hp by converting to an f22a6 from an f22a1?

For the interst of the turbo conversation, I don't understand why anyone would take a "kit" over the DSM route.

My opinion. The kit will fail. The dsm route, may not look as blingy, but it will be reliable.
Yes, that's what i was getting at with my suggestion to read the stickies... as that's where the thread I created can be found!
An A6 conversion will only add about 15hp (a bit less due to 20 years of wear and tear, surely.) Other things, such as an H22A/H23A plenum and throttle body, a plenum spacer, a cheap 2.36" exhaust (as long as sound isn't terribly important), a cheap short ram intake, and a proper tune up MIGHT push the output to 150hp (crank)

And yes, the DSM setup is higher quality, for sure. A rebuilt 14b would be a much better option than that cheap crap in the kit. There's little difference between that kit and a DSM setup, really... aside from component quality (and cost.)
The only thing I do like better about this kit is the external wastegate flange. I like external over internal (especially when dealing with old used internal wastegates.) Of course, a manifold like that could be sourced independently from that kit... or a DSM manifold could be drilled and a flange added.