Clacking Noise when I hit a bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clacking Noise when I hit a bump

My car has been making this ugly clacking noise on tha right front side when I hit a bump or something could this be my strut? How much do you think it will run me?

Re: Clacking Noise

Originally posted by JDMH22Accord
    My car has been making this ugly clacking noise on tha right front side when I hit a bump or something could this be my strut? How much do you think it will run me?
    Is your car dropped already? 4th Gens have a problem if they are dropped too low; the upper controll arm doesn't have enough rebound space, so it hits the upper wheel well whenever you hit a medium to large sized bump in the road.

Comment

Re: Re: Clacking Noise

Originally posted by Black92accord

Is your car dropped already? 4th Gens have a problem if they are dropped too low; the upper controll arm doesn't have enough rebound space, so it hits the upper wheel well whenever you hit a medium to large sized bump in the road.
      yeah, but if this is the problem, you will FEEEL the bumps real hard when you hit them... and like, the ride will feel ULTRA stiff and harsh. is this how it feels when you hit the bumps, jdmh22accord?

* if it is, it's probably the problem that black92accord is talking about. the only cure for that, is to get yourself a camber kit (if you haven't already done so), set the camber -1.0, and raise the car up to about 2 finger gaps in the front. this will give the upper control arm more travel space.

Comment

na it aint dropeed its originaal 4x4 offroad height Someone told me that my busings or struts are gone could trhis be tha case

Comment

mine made clanking sounds...more like bumping sounds...but after that strut finally blew it was really noticable...how is the ride quality? smooth or super bouncy...i replaced my struts recently (oem) and no more clanks.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
            mine made clanking sounds...more like bumping sounds...but after that strut finally blew it was really noticable...how is the ride quality? smooth or super bouncy...i replaced my struts recently (oem) and no more clanks.
            kinda like metal on metal klunks how much were tha strutsd and how hard was tha install

Comment

since i didnt have alot of cash i got the stuts at honda for 73 a piece. i wasnt going to drop it yet so i got em. they costs 75 for all 4 installed through a performance shop here.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

since i didnt have alot of cash i got the stuts at honda for 73 a piece. i wasnt going to drop it yet so i got em. they costs 75 for all 4 installed through a performance shop here.
                this shop in spokane wanted 400-500 for shock/strut/camber kit installation...i about went ape shit on those motherfuckers but just got some tight guy who i met through superhonda to do it for me for like 100

The Dark Tower..........................................and Blaine the Mono

Comment

I hope this aint a stupid queston but how to you know when theyve blown

Comment

I hope this aint a stupid queston but how to you know when theyve blown
                    Your car bounces up and down even on small dips on the road. You should be able to tell when you are driving though.

Also take a look at the shock itself; a tell tale sign that it's blown is if you see a leak coming from the shock. Another sign is that the wheel with the bad shock will bounce up and down as well when you are driving.

Another good way of checking is park your car and press down on the chassis near one of the wheels; if the car bounces more than once; you need new shocks.

Comment

i did that press up and down test to see if my ride was bouncy...it actually had no movement period. it was stiff as a rock...

a change in ride quality is really the way to tell that ur shit is blown. i looked at my strut and i saw no damage or leaks. only that side was bouncing like hell and hurt on bumps...hehe feels like my car was droped with skunk 2's.

wait our accords have no camber adjustment...500 dollars is about right..parts and labor..i say buy the parts urself...get a performance shop to instlal it. some people down here charge 80 bucks per sturt to install....some less....i got all mine for 75 bucks...cant beat that.

take ur car on a bumpy road and try to go a little faster...my stut was soo blown that it wouldnt touch the ground after i hit a bump..it will just feel like hydrolics...

if u wait too long u will damage ur springs...i ran on OEM for 13 years...finally changed them...i think they all were about to blow.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Well it bounces once maybe something is loose but damn i ahte this noise i notices when i was puttin on tha tire back from looking at tha strut that tha whole engine moved is this suppose to happen?

Comment

I actually had a clacking noise when my axle went. I was able to drive it around just fine, but I got a noticable clacking noise when I hit bumps, and it made a clicking noise when turning. That may be another possibility.

Comment

Well it bounces once maybe something is loose but damn i ahte this noise i notices when i was puttin on tha tire back from looking at tha strut that tha whole engine moved is this suppose to happen?
                            hm... try this. pop the hood. look at the bushing on the top of the shock/strut. is the bushing cracked/dry (or has that ever been serviced/changed).

because there is a metal cylinder sandwiched in there and as the bushing gets older, it clanks up and down and could explain why you're having that noise problem.

if this is the cause, it's a simple and cheap fix.
                            Once upon a time I took a joyride in a Huayra...

Comment

I found alot of stuff that just dont seem right i need some help

1. My master cylinder was bad ran it for a long time like that could my pads but worn diffrent and thats why my car swerves to tha right when i break?

2.My whole engine moves when i was puttin tha engine back on . I was looking I think my back motor mount is broken ? could this be tha noise i hear?

3. When i go over bumps tha whole tire moves theres marks where it has hit tha wall no its not droppped whats going on here im stumped!

Comment

Working...
                              X