Wheel Shakes Violently with Brake Pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    It could be causing my front brakes to overwork, thereby getting hot and causing the shudder.
    I recently did a brake upgrade but only did the fronts, and I haven't actually deeply looked at the rear drums. But I think I will now, that completely slipped my mind, this could possibly be my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SunkistCB7 View Post

For the time being, I just ran some thicker fluid through the pump, cut the belt, and drained the fluid so it doesn't go shooting out the reservoir. (Personally, power steering makes me uneasy - I'll swap the rack eventually)
      Did this make a real difference in the feel of the car or performance/maintenance? What fluid exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
        another thing I could try is adjusting my rear drum brakes.
        On a side note. Not to highjack thread..
        Over the weekend my passenger rear wheel cylinder exploded bleeding brake fluid all over my driveway (yay! ). Also managed to crush my exhaust at the local gas station (picks up better on the highway now haha). But if you haven't done wheel cylinders and like me (over 200k) I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND at least checking them, save yourself a headache.

It will also motivate you to swap in rotors (I remembered why I hate rear drums)

Pop vTec

Comment

Originally posted by militiamaiden View Post
          The car has done this since I've owned it. At speeds 60mph+ when brake pressure is applied, the steering wheel shakes violently to the point where it hurts my freaking wrists. I have no clue what it could be. This is the only time it does it. All my (front) brakes are new and exact spec along with pads, they have been taking care of (correct fluid/amount of fluid, bleed when need be, etc etc).

I replaced the tie rods, cv axles (along with the whole joint of course), wheel bearings and hub bolts and had an alignment done, twice, all very recently as well. The problem neither progressed or improved but remained. It does not pull to one side or the other.

Some things it does need in the undercarriage is bushings in general, along with sway bar bushings. Could bushings really cause the wheel to shake that bad?
          Have you tried to put front wheels on rear and rears on front? Maybe one of your front wheels is bent.

Comment

Originally posted by cb3frompoland View Post
            Have you tried to put front wheels on rear and rears on front? Maybe one of your front wheels is bent.
            ROFL

+1 This is actually a great idea
            Last edited by SunkistCB7; 05-15-2014, 02:08 PM. Reason: Didn't even cross my mind

Pop vTec

Comment

Warped rear brake drums will not cause your steering wheel to vibrate or shake.

Comment

I will let watchers of this thread know that I will not get to this bottom of this problem if you were waiting for an answer from me. Had to sell the car (well, will be very very soon) due to a cross country move coming up and the car will not make it there. Though I plan on buying another cb7 anyway...

Comment

As a watcher of this thread I will tell you it's just like the other hundreds with this issue......unsolved...
                  Not a single one of them has a post from the op that says I fixed such and such and now no more shaking.
                  Not even mine
                  Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-22-2014, 10:36 PM.
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Working...
                  X