EXT : OEM Spoiler Install *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT : OEM Spoiler Install *pics*

Since I was unable to find help in this area and there is a whole world of us out there without the stock spoiler on back I figured this was simply due.

Tools Needed:

OEM spoiler
    Drill
    Measuring tape
    #10 Socket

1) Get yerself a Oem spoiler! And test fit to the car.

2) Well we lucked out in some ways when you pop open the trunk you'll find notches on both ends where the hole for the spoiler for mounting goes, unfortunately these holes don't exsist for the center mounting point and wiring harness hole. We'll cross that step in a minute.

3) Set up your drill so the drill bit is slightly larger than the bolt going into the spoiler, set it up in the center of that notch and drill away, after your done cutting the hole, clean it up the best you can by getting rid of all the depris you can, I was packing a spray bottle and terry cloth for this, worked great imo.

4) The next part is the funnest part, remember the center mounting holes and harness hole aren't nicely setup for us. How I managed to do this was to place a mounting bolt into the center portion of the spoiler, screw it down nearly all the way into the spoiler, cover the head of the bolt in marker, and bolted the spoilder down, this gave me a nice black mark on top of the trunk lid where the center mounting bolt goes! (Pictures of this did not turn out as well, when you attempt this, you will know right away what to do) As you did with the side marks set up your drill bit slightly larger than the bolt and drill.
    Next you will need to measure to the center of the wiring harness mount from the center of the bolt hole, this will give you the distance the hole needs to be from the mounting point, mark it up and drill, this hole will need to be slightly larger than the rest, what I did was step up 2 drill bit sizes, which allowed the wiring harness to push through and sit flush.

5) Now carelly slide your wiring harness through the back hole, hold the spoiler steady and mount the spoiler with your mounting bolts. I started with the center bolt as the wiring harness tended to want to kink up had I started with the outside holes, once it is all mounted up sit back and enjoy your new OEM spoiler.

Last edited by tresexohcb; 04-29-2007, 12:48 PM.

Keep an Eye on my Coupe. Click the Pic

!SaveD! (Coming soon, Wiring that newly acquired OEM spoiler LED)
    Last edited by tresexohcb; 04-29-2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Awesome, great DIY. I've been looking for an Arcadia wing and a good install. Got one of those, now where did you get the wing.. BTW, what part of washington you from. Im up here in north seattle...

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

nice diy...u should take off the ron tomkin badge or whatever on the trunk though ;P nice rear lip as well!
        Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
        Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Do you think it would work the same as 93 accord? nice rear lip too.

My New Ride
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

Comment

Hey Mike nice writeup Wish I would have had it when I installed my spoiler. Did you end up swapping out the springs/tension bars for the added weight of the spoiler?
            Retired 1990 Accord LX Coupe
            Project 240SX
            Originally posted by chillin943
            anyone kno if i can just make a hot wire for v-tec off the horn??
            Vouches: Bought from: smseagren83, phatdoughnut, uk - accord, lucid, iamnemo, accord_inspire, 2point6, chopstickz, djcaz_aom, rosko

Comment

I did the same on my son's car before it was painted, he didn't know I had the spoiler, the spoiler plus prelude wheels dressed it up nicely! Now I need to find the deflector for the sun roof.

Comment

great job.. guess what? Your car has single handedly re-sparked my interest in my car. Your front and rear lip- 99 bucks each? how could i not win?! im ordering them both soon.. great write up-

Comment

Originally posted by StoobyMcDooby
                  great job.. guess what? Your car has single handedly re-sparked my interest in my car. Your front and rear lip- 99 bucks each? how could i not win?! im ordering them both soon.. great write up-

Thought I needed to bring this back to life for a few fellow members on the board who recently got spoilers. And Right on man, thanks alot that's quite the statement from ya, glad I could help

Comment

Originally posted by tresexohcb
                    Thought I needed to bring this back to life for a few fellow members on the board who recently got spoilers. And Right on man, thanks alot that's quite the statement from ya, glad I could help
                    Yeah this DIY helped me alot
                    wat?

Comment

I can hopefully get this done before the spring meet in april. Of course your car makes my car feel ugly...

Comment

mine came with the spoiler, but the installer didnt do a good job since the middle hole has rust around it. I need to seal it soon beofre it gets worse.
                        1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
                        ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
                        OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

Originally posted by kmart64 View Post
                          nice diy...nice rear lip as well!
                          X100

what kind of rear lip is that, type-r style?

Comment

Wow.
                            I didn't think it was going to be this easy.
                            I have an OEM spoiler just sitting in a closet in my apt.
                            Maybe I might do this sometime this month.

1999 BMW M3
                            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

try to find the springs if you can. B/c I was at the JY today and a CB7 w/ the spoiler just removed was there.....when i popped the trunk it just FLEW upward. so that spoiler and springs combo go together.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                              X