Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CyborgGT: Mild H22A Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting read. So one of the outlets was smaller than the other and lazy attempt on getting things lined up. Sounds like every other manufacture. But the right tools can make them all work/look perfect. Newbies don't realize the small tiny customization that is required when building from scratch. It seems easy "order parts, put together" but it's the little things that count. But one little thing off can cause a cascading affect.

Looks good though! Makes me want to start on mine early.

Comment

Cyborg, I've currently own 2 of these now and the fitiment of either hasn't been as bad as the one you got. I'm wondering if the lower price is because JHP gets the worst of the batches made? I paid roughly $375-425 for each of mine. Also your middle slip joints aren't matching up. There should be very little variation in the length of the bottom corners. Maybe it's just the pictures being deceiving, but one certainly looks a good bit longer than the other. Maybe you just haven't gotten one of the middle sections to slip all the way together?
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I had those upper slip joints in both even and uneven positions, just trying out different things. Still couldn't get those last pipes any closer.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'll go take a few pictures of both of mine for the F and the H. Granted the F one is a bit beat up still from being stolen. I haven't taken the time to fix it yet.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I've got the tubes taped off where I'm going to cut them to hug the oil pan tighter, but I'll do that another day. For now, I just drilled the 5/8" hole for the EGT probe bung. I'll get it welded sooner or later. Gauge kit (AEM) seems to have come with enough wiring that I can run it through the alternator wire cover and integrate it into the engine harness and still reach the glove box, at least. The cost of four gauges is a bit much for me, so I went with what I'm consistently finding to be the hottest cylinder on Honda 4s in general: #3.

I'm definitely NOT drilling into the Spoon header. If that affects the ability to tune to its full potential for a header comparison, so be it. That thing is too rare. I did add a link to some info I found on the usefulness of EGT sensors in post #2, if anyone's interested.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-28-2017, 10:41 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

For the EGT sensor, is the goal to get the temp to mirror the value measured at peak torque and apply that value across the whole power band?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

That's what I understood from the simplified explanation I read here:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced...s-here-248965/

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Just found a spare head in the junkyard. There are a couple nicks in the head gasket surface I'm wondering about, but between machining and the gasket, they should be fine.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Is that a PDE or P13? Good find!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

P13. Block was an H22A1.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I have some awesome news, and some bad news.

The good is that I am finally done collecting parts for this build, with the exception of the ECU and tuning software. When I get closer to dyno day I will talk to my tuner to see if he has experience with Neptune. Otherwise, I know that shop does a lot of work with Hondata. But this morning I was able to place orders for Eagle H-beam rods, Wiseco 11.5:1 pistons (which were out of stock at RaceEng.com and will have to ship directly from Wiseco "on or about November 2nd"), and an ATI street damper. *ED. - ESP traction bar has been ordered as well, to provide clearance for the header.

The bad news is that further progress is now at a standstill because I'm moving in about April, and have no idea if I'll be able to get another place that has the space to work on even maintaining my daily driver, let alone engine-swapping a project car. My budget definitely doesn't allow for the chassis, all of the machine work, and dyno tuning before then, when I'm already setting aside money to furnish this new place right away. It just boils down to luck: there is what I see as the perfect house up for rent right now, but I'm not able to move right this second. Housing cost is on a steady rise in my area, so I just have to hope I get lucky with another ideal home becoming available when I am. Otherwise, it's likely an apartment that may or may not have garages on the property.

What I have left to do:
                        - Buy the right CB9 (it could take a while for the right one to pop up for sale, too. Hoping to be back in an Accord this summer!)
                        - Get the head and block machined, including port polish and a re-sleeve
                        - Talk to my tuner about software options and get it tuned (have the H22 driving by end of summer 2018, maybe?)

For a full list of what I'm cobbling together, check out the original post.

To be continued...
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-14-2017, 08:08 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Valve cover #3 is done. You're all probably thinking I'm being ridiculous, but I love that I now have custom takes on the factory black, blue, and red tops!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The completed bottom end collection:

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The Wiseco pistons work with FRM sleeves or are you doing aftermarket sleeves also? I seen "resleeve" but I am just curious if that was aftermarket or new oem sleeves.

Comment

I like that ESP rear mount!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                                X