No announcement yet.

Aluminum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can braze aluminum you just need to use aluminum rods. And they do make rods that are made for brazing aluminum to other metals.

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless
      Aluminum does rust....it's called Aluminum Oxide, it's the white smooth fine powdery stuff ontop of aluminum.
      Ya, I'm familiar with oxidation.....
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Also, you have to lighten the wire drive gear or otherwise it would crush the aluminum wire...
        My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Originally posted by Clueless
          Also, you have to lighten the wire drive gear or otherwise it would crush the aluminum wire...
          Yup, and when I'm using my Hobart for aluminum..... I have a teflon liner specifically designed for the aluminum wire.
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
            Yup, and when I'm using my Hobart for aluminum..... I have a teflon liner specifically designed for the aluminum wire.
            Oh did I forget to mention a change of liner? oopies...
            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

The alumiweld does work. quite well actually. my buddy and i went to a gun show and they had a stand open and the guy was using this stuff. after closing up a hole in the bottom of a mt dew can that was the size of a quarter he then had us take a center punch and try and punch thru. we crushed the can and then he had us continue beating on it and it never failed. i was extremly impressed. didnt crack or anything. cant say much for the rest of the can tho.

Comment

cans are not cars...I'm not so sure about that alumiweld stuff...I wouldn't trust it...but I could be wrong...it would prolly work on brackets that don't bear much weight or get pushed/pulled on...not sure about anything else though.
                ____

Comment

how about
                  ZIPTIES!
                  to tie down your CAI
                  Cappuccino CB7 Member #4
                  FoDough fo moreho
                  [FuNKiE FrEsH]

Comment

now see...zip ties are ok
                    ____

Comment

im really no nothing about welding just from what i saw when my dad did it when i was little............but when dont use use some kind of wax or something aswell when welding alloy?? my dad did this when repairing a alloy rim

Comment

He was probably applying flux. This will help to prevent impurities and inclusions in the weld when not using a shielding gas such as argon and carbon dioxide.
                        ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
                        '93 EX 5-speed coupe
                        Short ram intake
                        Tenrai Himoto catback
                        Smashed front end
                        Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Working...
                        X