No announcement yet.

EXT: Spray-on lense tinting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks, i have looked for some time now and don't have a airbrush, although i definetely could use one! i did use the testors window tint 3oz can to do my last cbs corners but just didn't like the look. kinda blueish purple. nite shades would definetely be better. thanks!
    hey. my cb7 has morphed. haha.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rolln
      kinda blueish purple. nite shades would definetely be better. thanks!
      most black tint has purple in it. reason being is purple is the cheapest color. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Nite shades is the way to go when you want to tint tails, bumperlights, headlights etc... a little pricey but it holds up, I tinted the amber on my stock 91 tails and it has lasted through a whole year of different weather and still looks like new.

"Cars to me are meant, above all else, to be driven no matter what is done to them..."
        - RJ de Vera

Comment

does this stuff peel of come off?

Comment

The nightshades is really good it will not peel off or flake...just prep your lights...after I sold my altima 4yrs ago it still has the blacked out taillights.

Car audio classifieds...
            http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ferrerid=12120
            Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/blackoutt334?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
              Is there a specific cleanser that should be used when wiping down the lenses to promote better adhesion? Alcohol, paint thinner, windex, etc...
              Yesm, for sure. Wanna make sure the surface is clean right?
              MYCB7.com

Comment

has anyone tried doing a few coats over headlights? or does that completely dull the light output?
                Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

yah

i have done the headlights and it does not dull it to where its noticable, I did both in the front and it looks killer, my only problem was in washington the rain made it peel off all the time, cause on the headlights i guess I couldnt get a good seal on the spray, I tried different ways , the tint, then with clear coat, but weather was so drastic it wouldnt hold on the headlights but held on the corners. Maybe you got an idea to help.
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

how many coats did you put on of the tint? of the clear coat?? maybe a light sanding would help, i dont know?
                    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

bunches...

i put on 6-7 coats then went with 3 coats of clear, yah sanding might help but i suck at it, and I dont wanna ruin the headlights, maybe if I got a second pair...anyways i really love the look its pretty agreesive, esp with a rosewood vehicular.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

I've found that using some types of paint thinner can crack or melt plastic. Kind of like using brake cleaner on plastic.
                        Arcadia Green Crew Member #9

Comment

Sanding = Nogood

when light is behind the tint you can tell the unevenness in the pain due to the darker or lighter light.

so the problem is you must be pretty damn fly at using this stuff.
                          because it has to go on right... the first time.
                          otherwise you must start all over again.
                          uh... if by overboosted you mean "right the fuck on" then, sure, it is.

Comment

Working...
                          X