Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blizzard335 View Post
    My solution as well..

Seriously Colin, once you get hooked to car, especially a car you've worked on yourself, it's VERY hard to let go.
    Tell me about it.
    I could sell my Toyota and my ute in a second, but my CB and Xr250 require alot of consideration . . .

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

the reason why im moving on is for practicality reasons. i simply need something a bit bigger to transport stuff without getting my seats dirty.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        Here is a good idea too. Get something new, but hang onto the Accord. Park it for a couple of weeks and drive only your new car. If you get into the Accord and it does nothing for you, then it is probably OK to get rid of it. If you find yourself smiling because you still enjoy driving it, then don't get rid of it. That was the problem I had. I didn't think it would do anything for me, but I still like driving it.
        best idea so far. I was thinking along those lines, but keep it the way people keep muscle cars and such.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

Just felt like bumping this thread, because a month ago I was seriously considering selling the CB again.

I did drive my Toyota DD for about 5 months then jumped back in the CB once every 2 weeks.
          The fact came to me that I can't leave it, I love it

I then took the CB up north on newyears eve on a 7 hour drive after work, stayed there for 4 days, then proceeded to drive 7 hours back.
          I expected the CB to have some sort of problem, I took alot of my tools, extra oil, simple diagnostic tools and made sure my insurance towage was OK that far.
          The only issue I had was when I finally arrived (at 11pm) that I missed the camping ground and ended up driving onto some soft sand resulting in the floorpan sitting on the sand.
          Luckily a local 4WD was just leaving and helped me out, and guided me to the campsite.

It ended up that my XR250 bike was the one that had issues - The crankshaft bearing seized on the 3rd day.

The CB coped very well and loved pulling the trailer (and allowed me to easily overtake the slower traffic) The gas consumption was unspeakable, but thats just how it goes.

Anyway, I've decided that if I can get my CB as economical as my Toyota (or close to) I'll sell the Toyota and keep the CB.
          Currently I'm using about 20% more gas than the Toyota (1500cc twincam Cynos), which is better than previously where I was using 50% more gas.

In order to achieve this I've fitted a high/low boost switch so I can run it at 6psi round town, taken away some cruising fuel and added some cruising timing.
          I'm close to my goal of keeping the CB, but in a month or so I will know for sure.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

You know how many times I wanted to give up? I somewhat feel like doing that too...selling it. But I want to finish. There fortunately IS an end point to my modding. I am in no way super power hungry. I just want more potential than should be delivered.

After buying an 01 330i bmw, I can honestly say I stopped giving attention to the CB. I miss driving it. I prefer it over the BMW. But the BMW is almost headache free.

I would NEVER sell my car as a whole, no matter what. I'd rather part it out.
            I completely understand you though. There will be a time I part the car as well, it just won't be anytime soon.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
              You know how many times I wanted to give up? I somewhat feel like doing that too...selling it. But I want to finish. There fortunately IS an end point to my modding. I am in no way super power hungry. I just want more potential than should be delivered.

After buying an 01 330i bmw, I can honestly say I stopped giving attention to the CB. I miss driving it. I prefer it over the BMW. But the BMW is almost headache free.

I would NEVER sell my car as a whole, no matter what. I'd rather part it out.
              I completely understand you though. There will be a time I part the car as well, it just won't be anytime soon.
              exactly how i feel man. my next car i want to be a CG. slammed. rims. tint. lip. thats it. nothing major. the CB i have now. i love it to death. i do want to sell it so i can get the car i want. but i know id miss it.

one thing you'll have to do Evil is if you want to sell your CB, make sure you sell it to another CB enthusiast. not just some punk kid off the street who's using mommy and daddy's money. if you have to, find a member off this board. you already know they'd appriciate it for what it is.

i got a few more things i want to do to my CB. paint rear sway bar, nitrous(50-75 shot), cam, and dyno it. i dont want mad power. id be happy with about 190-210whp. thats it. if i want more power ill get something with V6 accord or something factory boosted. but if do get another car is WILL be an accord tho.

Comment

I haven't driven my CB in a year and a half. The Fit was brand new, and remains solid and reliable. The brakes are shot... but otherwise, it's a great little car.

Still, I miss the CB7, and as the weather gets nicer, I'll definitely be getting it back on the road. The Fit is probably the second best car I've ever owned. The CB7 remains my favorite, even though it's old, has LOTS of little problems, and isn't "nice" for anyone but me.

Comment

Yeah, it's all up to you.

I was talking with Natalie about this, and one good point she brought up is that while all her friends are paying $300 a month on just the car payment on her car, she's buying mods with the money they're paying just on interest.

I drive a lot of newer cars around, especially working at a VW/Audi dealership, and I still always think about my CB

Maybe something slightly newer but not necessarily brand new? like a CG?

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    isn't "nice" for anyone but me.
                    That's exactly how mine is too. Im the only one that gets any kind of enjoyment out of it, no matter how small.

Colin, im right there with ya man. and my car isnt anywhere NEAR yours as far as cleanliness and "niceness". Yeah, i have 1pcs, ITRs and fogs, but so what. I havent washed my car in several months. I love it and want it to look good, but it's winter, ya know? Lol.

Im just tired of modding my car. Why? So i can show other people what i can do? So i can say, "Hey, check me out, i have JDM parts on my ride, y0!" I dont care. Like inspired, i want something that's going to be, mostly, headache-free. I know things break and cars require maintenance, but im tired of maintaining THIS car. And im tired of looking at it falling apart, my friends and family dont wanna ride in it cuz it's too loud, too small or has too many problems.

My younger brother isnt in to cars at all, and he drives a clean-ass Taurus. In my mind, he looks more mature than I because his car says he's mature. I want something "grown-up". I dont want a project or something that's constantly being worked on or needing work.

Not to mention, you hardly drive the thing. That right there would kill me. I know it's gonna be hard to see it go or give it up, and you dont want to, but sometimes, you gotta move on. Stop kidding yourself, and move on. You'll always have memories, pictures and experiences. Use them and learn from them. The best thing about our memories is that no one can take them from us. You'll always have them and the feelings they make you remember.

I say, do what you know is right. It might be hard. It might be emotional, but you'll know, in your heart, that it was ultimately the right thing to do.

Good luck man.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Just keep it and enjoy it. Down the road you will get the bug again and go for that 400 whp.

I wanted to give up on my coupe.. haven't driven her for about 1.5 years just like deeve. Its depressing but I do want to finish it. I keep getting the same ol just give up and part out. That was never my intention.

The boost on her was so addicting that I sit in the car and watch my little 3gp videos I recorded on my phone. I start to remember the peoples faces when they couldn't keep up or just got scared of the bov.

I say just maintain her and go out for a nice drive. Record it too.

As for gas. Hey we win and lose. Just do as much as you can to be sufficient. (Sp?)

Comment

My opinion is sell it and go muscle. Muscle car's aren't as bad on gas as everyone thinks. It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it. A newer muscle car (camaro's, mustangs, etc. and not like a 2010 but just a 2000+) would be quick and reliable.
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

I almost gave up on my Malibu. Its been in pieces for little over a year. But I like the car, its hard to find in rust free shape around here, and I want to drive it with V8 powah. So I just picked up a MPFI V8 and 5 speed out of an 86 Camaro to remotivate me to finish this project. All it needs is finish bodywork and this drivetrain and it'll be one fun sleeper.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I say you keep it. If you are set on a new car, see if you van affod it without selling your cb. You know you won't get anything near what you paid, so you're better off keeping a car in good running condition.

I made the mistake of selling my cb, and I always regreted it. Not a week went by where I saw another import drive by and I totally missed having mine. It took a few years, but I finally got another one. It will never be the same though. I don't even want to fix this one up, just driving as is.

Comment

I say keep it, all that money and time put into it. i wont sell mine at all, guy tried to buy it off me for 2k first word out of my mouth after that was nope. got in the cb and drove away. I would of never known what i would've done if i sold it. i would keep it, search around for another car see if you can afford it. if your like me, i would keep the money and time working on the car, and still be able to know the car is yours and you still have it. just a side note, had a lower ball joint failure and little fender bender once, when the ball joint failed got it towed home and started working on it before the tow truck driver left. the fender bender, fixed most of it in the parking lot before leaving to go somewhere(mind this was after the cop came and inspected it)

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X