Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Lock Vandalized - Key Does Not Work

Hey guys,

My door lock, thanks to some prick out there, was tampered with and is vandalized. The reason I say that is cuz one morning my key would not go in the driver's side but the passenger side works fine.

I tried pushing it , shoving it in, but the key won't go in. Is there an easy way to access the lock to inspect it. I've removed the door panels before and they're fairly easy to take off.

Or does someone suggest I try something else first.

Thank you.
    1992 Accord Coupe 5-Speed

if you pull the door panel off and the window up, you can remove the door handle by removing the two 10mm bolts on either side of the inside of the handle, and prying the bar out of the plastic clip on the back of the lock. with the handle removed, you can pull the lock out and pull it apart...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

You could try to open the flap up and shine a light from a LED light or something then peer in, i dunno if u want to do that and get a rough idea on whats going on inside the lock. if u got a photo viewer thing then you could mess about with that. i dunno if thats more work or less. goodluck.

but mike did u weld the Piston and Valve together in your engine?!!?! lolz!
      1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
      Originally posted by yeamans17
      you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

Thanks for those tips guys. It's a little bit cold outside where I am (Mike can attest to what I'm talking about), so I'm gonna find a garage where I can temporarily park it and check the insides out.

So Mike, how have u been? Hope all is well. Just so you know, I'm a firm believer in the copper gasket you showed me once.

Comment

if the lock is broken, you can always upgrade to the security locks. later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

sounds like a new lock cylinder may be needed. not too expensive from honda.
            F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
            Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

Originally posted by Shehzada
              Hey guys,

My door lock, thanks to some prick out there, was tampered with and is vandalized. The reason I say that is cuz one morning my key would not go in the driver's side but the passenger side works fine.

I tried pushing it , shoving it in, but the key won't go in. Is there an easy way to access the lock to inspect it. I've removed the door panels before and they're fairly easy to take off.

Or does someone suggest I try something else first.

Thank you.
              i would invest in some security people dont just go around messing with car door locks unless they tryin to get in some ones out for your car

Comment

If you'd had the snow, rain and sleet in NYC that everyone else has had in NY, then there may be a bit of water in your lock that's frozen. I believe the same thing has happened to me. Somehow just enough water has gotten into my lock cylinder that when it's really cold, before the car warms up, I can't open my door.

Comment

Update:

The weather finally got warmer and I was real tired of opening the passenger side door and leaning inside to open the driver's door (my power door locks don't work too well )

I followed CP[Mike] directions and it turned out to be a quite easy repair. The door panel was easy and those 2 bolts were pretty accessible. However prying that bar out took some work since I didn't want to damage it.

Once I had the cylinder in my hand, I took it apart. I took out each individual pin and spring and cleaned it with acetone. It was all gunked up with Krazy Glue. I put every thing back together and all went well. I did manage to lose one of those springs that go inside the cylinder, but it didn't affect the functioning.

All in all it took about 2 hours (including the time it soaked in acetone and cleaning) and it was well worth not paying $40 for a new cylinder. Thanks to everyone who replied and to Mike.
                  Attached Files

Comment

good job!
                    krazy glue eh!! i guess somebody hates you enough to get some glue, get it in your lock and enjoys the sight of you having to open the door through the passener side everytime or it was just some random kid who had nothing else better to do..

Comment

I'm positive it was no random act. There's someone who's after my car. A few months ago I found a piece of board with nails sticking out conveniently under my front passenger tire. Luckily I removed it before it did anything. Now, every time before I get in my car, I do a walk around and do a visual inspection.

BTW, if you don't see me posting here for a while, it's not because I fell over the face of this earth.

Comment

you need to find out who it is

and beat some ass.

that's fucked up, tires aren't cheap.

Comment

i had someone break in my car once and f up the lock, i had to get keyless entry...which was f'in sweet so yea.

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
                            i had someone break in my car once and f up the lock, i had to get keyless entry...which was f'in sweet so yea.
                            hahhahahah funny shit man.

i would ur bang ur ex in a minute...

Comment

Working...
                            X