Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my CB7 and wifes CD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
    Nice score. Good perk of the dealer tech life. There’s a lot of elbow skin on that arm rest! I also have a few climate control knobs off CB’s so if you need one you can have em. PM me if you do. Not sure if they fit off the top of my head..
    Yea, great perks! The pics were taken AFTER I cleaned it out and vaccumed it, I will be pulling the interior out and pressure washing it this week. Since it is going to be sunny with no chance of rain for the next week or so I will be riding my '94 Magna every day.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

before

during

after

Had a slow day, so I resurfaced all 4 wheels on the coupe. Gave 'em a nice polished look, I love that raw metal look.

Comment

Nice job on the wheels. Is the bike a 250 or 750? Those bikes are awesome. Pics?

Comment

750 v4 Magna, it is slow by todays standards, but still a blast to ride. I'll upload some pics. It is in the backgraound of 1 of the pics of the CD. 94 was the first year of the 3rd gen Magna. 11 second 1/4 times from the factory. I have a jet kit and have removed the factory baffels in the exhaust, so it is a bit quicker as these bikes tended to run pretty lean in stock fashion. It has a Mustang touring seat, foward floorboards, and Kuryaken Kinetic grips. Future plans include Mustang hard bags to match the seat and Kuryaken foward controls. Thanks on the wheels, the 1 pictured wasn't the worst and it took almost 8 hrs to resurface and polish them to tbe point where I was happy.
          Last edited by Size9zombie; 06-07-2018, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Comment

You do very clean work that's easy to appreciate.

Nice bike you got there as well. I have an older Magna. VF1100 V65. Been sitting for a couple years now.

Comment

So today I did some more work to get the coupe up to a DD standard, found some issues when I went to do the front brakes.......

When I took the axle nut on the passenger side loose, the hub and rotor fell off in my hands. Upon further inspection the hub is severely damaged as you can see in the pic. Over 3 mm of diameter has been ground off, only thing I can figure is a "mechanic" in the past left the axle nut loose after a repair causing this and said, "it'll be ok".

Powerstop front rotors with Raybestos Advanced Technology ceramic pads, the passenger side got a new hub and both sides recieved new wheel bearings.

I also replaced the valve cover gasket, deleted the balance shaft belt, adjusted the valvles, and resealed the distributor.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  You do very clean work that's easy to appreciate.

Nice bike you got there as well. I have an older Magna. VF1100 V65. Been sitting for a couple years now.
                  Thank you very much! I love the V65. Always have wanted 1, never have got 1. I worked at a bike shop years ago to help out a friend that owned it, so I've riden a ton of bikes. The Magnas (muscle bikes in general)hold a special place for me.

Comment

Oh snap! I’m glad you’re still around Josh!

Bike is AWESOME. Yellow I wasn’t expecting, and that looks great. The wheels scream 94’. The bags will make it look tough.

The hub problem.. i guess a torque wrench is too far into the future for some..

Comment

I have a '97 VFR and God do I love that motor. It sounds all lumpy like it's got a cam, or like maybe it's a twin. And then the whine of the geared cams sounds like one of the old blowers. I love it to death but I haven't been able to ride it in over a year because of my back.

Are the Magna motor's cams geared or do they run off of chains?
                      My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
                      Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
                      Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
                        I have a '97 VFR and God do I love that motor. It sounds all lumpy like it's got a cam, or like maybe it's a twin. And then the whine of the geared cams sounds like one of the old blowers. I love it to death but I haven't been able to ride it in over a year because of my back.

Are the Magna motor's cams geared or do they run off of chains?

Chain I WISH it was a gear driven timing setup. I too love that gear drive whine. The VFRs are badass, basically like a more performance take on the V4.

Comment

Oh snap! I’m glad you’re still around Josh!

Bike is AWESOME. Yellow I wasn’t expecting, and that looks great. The wheels scream 94’. The bags will make it look tough.

The hub problem.. i guess a torque wrench is too far into the future for some..
                          I like the "blade" style of wheels from back then, sleek and sexy. I think the bags I want are going to be a tight fit, if they fit at all because of the exhaust.

It made me a little sick to my stomach when I saw how bad the hub and bearing was, didn't make any noise at all though which is the weird thing about it, no indicators at all to say that it was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                            I like the "blade" style of wheels from back then, sleek and sexy. I think the bags I want are going to be a tight fit, if they fit at all because of the exhaust.

It made me a little sick to my stomach when I saw how bad the hub and bearing was, didn't make any noise at all though which is the weird thing about it, no indicators at all to say that it was bad.
                            Well I’m sure you can figure it out regardless. I don’t understand how that didn’t make noise..

Comment

Well I’m sure you can figure it out regardless. I don’t understand how that didn’t make noise..
                              I don't know either, it's fixed now though. 1 new hub, 2 new wheel bearings, and new brakes. I went with the powerstop slotted and drilled to lower brake temps and keep from warping them in the future, ceramic pads to generated less dust and bite a bit harder. This coupe will stay as stock, DD while i build the CB.

Comment

Had some down time at work, so I cleaned this up and sprayed it with VHT black.

Also cleaned on the interior of the CD7 some, I still haven't pulled the seats and carpet for pressure washing yet though.

This past weekend I decided I was tiered of the old saggy carpet on the door panels of the CB, so I took the carpet off. Scotch Brite, some LA's Totally Awesome cleaner, and a good amount of elbow grease cleaned 'em right up. I sprayed the lower pocket on the front, the speaker grills were already black.
                                Last edited by Size9zombie; 07-19-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X