Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Accord LX Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be hard to summarize all the work done recently.

We've got just a few things left, but they aren't too small. It is at the shop now getting new mounts for the harness welded into the cage. We moved the seat down and a bit over and with a bit of a rake so the harness straps were going up! That won't pass tech. He's going to mount a tow bar too. The body shop next door is going to pull out the fender damage caused by one of the wheels falling off while towing it up there (facepalm). All of the too many cooks forgot to tighten all the lugs.

I have to install the fire suppression system.
    I have to install new front rotors (see stupid towing incident above).
    I have to finish install my cool-seat system.
    I have to finish the splitter and add a spoiler on the rear.
    I have to get the seat out and the new belts in.
    ==========================
    1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
    1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
    Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
    Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
    M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
    Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

The race is next weekend. We got the clutch dragging issue fixed and the new belts installed. That was a trick because they were installed wrong before so we had to come up with all new mouting points for the lap belts in particular. We also got the new rotors on.

Tomorrow I'll do the splitter and spoiler, and will work on the fire suppression system plumbing, but I am upset with the folks I bought it from. There is a missing part. The length of 10mm tube that goes from the fire bottle to the first Y is not in the box. It cannot be setup without that. So we may have no fire suppression system.

I'm going to leave on thursday after my son gets off school. We'll drive to the east bay to get the van and the car, and then we'll tow it to Buttonwillow. It's going to be a looooooong drive because we'll be doing it during the evening rush.
      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.

Comment

I've been cranking on my car too. At least you have the good Acura CL rotor over hub brakes now I just took it for the final test drive on the weekend and my rotors were horribly warped so I had to change the stupid stock captive rotors on Sunday heh.

I have some of that extra fire suppression aluminum hard line sitting in my garage in my box of extra hoses. It's left over from my suppression system install. I'll bring it to the track and you can have it if it will work for you.

I will be driving up friday morning-ish and getting to the track in the early afternoon.

When you set up your pit spot, email me and let me know where you are, and I'll try and park next to you when I get in! aventari@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
          I've been cranking on my car too. At least you have the good Acura CL rotor over hub brakes now I just took it for the final test drive on the weekend and my rotors were horribly warped so I had to change the stupid stock captive rotors on Sunday heh.

I have some of that extra fire suppression aluminum hard line sitting in my garage in my box of extra hoses. It's left over from my suppression system install. I'll bring it to the track and you can have it if it will work for you.

I will be driving up friday morning-ish and getting to the track in the early afternoon.

When you set up your pit spot, email me and let me know where you are, and I'll try and park next to you when I get in! aventari@gmail.com
          Oh man those captive rotors are a pain in the keister. Once was enough of that for me. Oh, it just occurred to me that I have two hub/bearings for the original front end setup. I don't need them. I'll try to remember to bring them.

I'm driving down tomorrow with my son once he gets out of school. I expect to arrive in Lost Hills around 11pm. So we'll be there first thing friday am. We'll try to save you a spot next to us, but I have had limited luck in the past protecting my own spot. Maybe Buttonwillow won't be so crowded.

Thanks but I won't need the tubing. SPA Techniques came through and overnighted it to me. I still be installing it friday at the track, but at least I have it. I am officially declaring that SPA Techniques has awesome customer service.

Comment

42nd Overall and 14th in Class

It was a great race. Buttonwillow is really technical and really fast. It was an all 3rd and 4th gear track. Ourcar held up through abuse including me going off 4 wheels off once, two-wheels off a second time (and getting a hard bang on the front left tire/wheel) and a on track crash involving us and Kevin's (Aventari's) car that sent both cars spinning into the dust.

The crash was a bit of a mystery, both drivers thought that a third car had been involved, but review of their video and ours showed that we banged into each other. They got the worst of it, lost 30 minutes on track at the end of the day and had to spend 5 hours fixing it. We got a mashed drivers door that we were able to pop back out and about 10 pounds of dust coating everything inside the car.

Kevin's car and his drivers are fast. I believe their fastest time was 11 seconds faster than our fastest. Before the unfortunate incident they were about 14th overall and I think either 2nd or 3rd in B class! A phenomenal race for those guys they deserve congratulations!

I'll write more here later, and you can look at the race blog

http://picknpullracing.wordpress.com
            Last edited by ukemike; 10-01-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Was great meeting you and the team Mike! I had a ton of fun and probably the highlight was trying to follow you through heavy race traffic for about half an hour on Sunday morning

I have some great video of that I'm encoding now and I'll upload ASAP.

Apologies for my driver crashing into you, it was a low-percentage pass that I try to coach people not to attempt, but you know how racing goes.

Here's the ill-fated video
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUSANq5uOMs

Thanks for the hubs and bearings I'm going to replace the rear suspension with CL stuff after the wreck.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmWMesxYXtc

Here's the first 2.5 hours of Sunday, Check out the first 30 minutes where I try to keep up with ukemike as he slices through traffic

Edit: finally got by you at 19 minutes That was some impressive driving by you! I was lucky to have the extra hp down the straight
                Last edited by aventari; 10-02-2018, 08:20 PM.

Comment

As much as I would like to take credit, that was Jason driving. He's our new guy. He helps wrench, he's faster than the rest of us, he can driver longer, and he has no black flags.

Having a fair bit of video of my car as seen from another car is really helpful. I noticed something about our car that I was feeling on Sunday afternoon but I wasn't sure about. I think we need new shocks. I'm seeing some under damped bounce, and I was feeling squirrelyness in corners before the car would take a set. Which Bilstiens did you get?
                  Last edited by ukemike; 10-03-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I know the recommended intake manifold upgrade is the h23, or use the F22a6 runners with the h22 or h23 plenum. I'm trying to find them and there is a shortage of h23s in the local junkyards and on ebay. Can the h22 intake manifold be used? If so are there issues?

Comment

Dude.... those boat rails are epic! If I were to do a boat theme, i'd probably try to rig the exhaust from 2.0/2.5 into something crazy like a home depo stove vent. I would either have it come out of the hood or through the trunk somehow and paint it a boat smokestack theme color.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                      JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                      1994 Prelude V-Tec
                      1999 CL 3.0
                      2000 Prelude
                      2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                      1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                      1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                      1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

Looks like a fun time

Comment

Just did the plenum upgrade.

I used the H23 plenum on the A6 runners, but the H22 and H23 plenums are identical. So you could put an H22 plenum on your A6 runners.

The thing is you have to use the H22 throttle body--which is a good thing as it's bigger. The F22 tbody has a different bolt pattern and won't fit.

So make sure you get a h23 or h22 throttle body (same thing) with the H22 plenum.

Comment

Race next weekend!

Our next race is at Sonoma Raceway (aka Sears Point) on December 1 and 2.
                            We are pretty well prepped for the race. We had a big work day and got most of the remaining items off the to do list and loaded up the van.

There is a decent chance of rain and I'm nervous about that. I've never raced in the rain. We did get our koni sports installed, so that should improve the handling a bit. We are going to start with them set at half way between hard and soft.

We have some journalism students from SF State that are doing a mini-documentary about us. They were there filming today. They are going to interview me at work, come to tech day, and film at the race. In return for us allowing them to do this, they are going to share all their raw footage with us. I hope to make a slightly-less-mini-documentary. It might take a few months of free time to edit.

Oh Kevin (Aventari) will be there with his sacrilegious BMW team with the GoPro theme.
                            Last edited by ukemike; 11-25-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Kevin left the cb world? good luck in the race. I’m interested to see this documentary! You going to allow ride along?
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Good luck with the race !

Comment

Working...
                                X