No announcement yet.

2014/2016 Toyota Corolla Headlights Too Bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they would! Not sure who is approving these crazy headlights these days but I keep on flashing folks. I'll keep doing it until they take their piece of crap back to the dealership and complain.

FLASH COROLLAS PEOPLE!

Comment

It's suprising that headlight aiming is not a part of "new car get ready" at the dealership. It seams there are many people that don't understand the importance of headlight aiming. Like at the body shop I work at, we will replace one or two headlights for what ever reason, but when the body techs align them, they will just align them to each other, not according to the ground like you are supposed to do. So the headlight's were either aiming up in the sky or right at the ground... now back when I was doing the final quality check, I would always go get the tech and tell them to align them properly, and they would always get pissed off and tell me it doesn't matter. Oh really?? If they are too high you are not only pissing off and blinding all oncoming traffic, but you are also lighting up all the trees and telephone polls, but not the pavement... if they are too low, you are not lighting up enough of the pavement ... it is very crucial to align them properly so you get the most optimal lighting out of your headlights...

345,000 miles and counting...

Comment

I LOL'd driving today thinking of this thread when I had one of these corollas in front of me and one behind me (people coming the other way flashing the one in front of me).

The ironic part here is that there are some Corollas in which they are 2015/2016 and the lights do what they should. It's almost like there was a bad batch in 2014/2015 that didn't get aimed properly. One is always below cutoff (in the bright light part).

Comment

I haven't noticed the brightness of newer Corolla lights. I'll have to watch for it! In my Miata, EVERYTHING is blinding, because the car is so damn low.

I doubt Corolla owners even think something is wrong with their cars. If you flash them, they just think you're an idiot. "My high beams aren't on. Asshole!"
          I have noticed that a number of newer cars do seem to be obnoxiously bright. It's not just the ricers with aftermarket stuff anymore. That's bad enough... flooding HID light coming from halogen housings in an old Civic... but now that OEMs are doing it just as badly, it's annoying.
          Doesn't help that I'm getting older... meaning I'm not only grumpier, but also suffering from declining night vision. Glaring headlights on a passing car can make me nearly blind for a second or two afterward. That's not safe! I imagine it's even worse for people 20 years older than me...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I haven't noticed the brightness of newer Corolla lights. I'll have to watch for it! In my Miata, EVERYTHING is blinding, because the car is so damn low.

I doubt Corolla owners even think something is wrong with their cars. If you flash them, they just think you're an idiot. "My high beams aren't on. Asshole!"
            I have noticed that a number of newer cars do seem to be obnoxiously bright. It's not just the ricers with aftermarket stuff anymore. That's bad enough... flooding HID light coming from halogen housings in an old Civic... but now that OEMs are doing it just as badly, it's annoying.
            Doesn't help that I'm getting older... meaning I'm not only grumpier, but also suffering from declining night vision. Glaring headlights on a passing car can make me nearly blind for a second or two afterward. That's not safe! I imagine it's even worse for people 20 years older than me...
            And the other thing i noticed the other night is that the vehicles which are not blidning you in the rearview mirror are blinding you in your side mirrors (as they are lower). I wonder if they took this into consideration when deciding where to point these.

Comment

I take back that the 2016 Chevy trucks have this problem, they do not. The trucks i seen must have just had a load in the back.

But the Corollas still bother me a lot! I'm hoping this thread has brought these cars to everyone's attention and they see them on the road now! (enought attention to get people to start signing my petition ) If I have one of these cars behind me at night I will turn my rear view mirror so their headlights blind themselves. They quickly get the point that the cutoff level of their headlights is far too high.

I think what bothers me the most is that its Toyota doing this. This is something i can see Kia doing, but not good old reliable Toyota. My old landlord owns one of these cars and he said when he bought it the dealership bragged about the headlights being so bright others will be jealous. But he noted that he gets flashed every week by people.

My goal here is to have Toyota release a re-call or bulletin to advise driver to bring their car in to have the headlights aimed properly.

Comment

Iv'e seen these vehicles with their bright headlights including the corollas its crazy bright. Now with these vehicles they are great when you have to make sure that people can see aswell as people seeing those vehicles. I mean I have projector retrofits in my civic and they are nice and bright almost on the same level as the corollas but not as overbearing.

I had one that was bright that stayed on me I got behind him and showed him the same treatment. She then got behind me and hit me with the hi-beams I got behind her and hit her with high-beams too and stayed behind her to blind her to the point to where she began swerving all over the road and I smiles and thanked TRS and kept it moving.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                  Iv'e seen these vehicles with their bright headlights including the corollas its crazy bright. Now with these vehicles they are great when you have to make sure that people can see aswell as people seeing those vehicles. I mean I have projector retrofits in my civic and they are nice and bright almost on the same level as the corollas but not as overbearing.

I had one that was bright that stayed on me I got behind him and showed him the same treatment. She then got behind me and hit me with the hi-beams I got behind her and hit her with high-beams too and stayed behind her to blind her to the point to where she began swerving all over the road and I smiles and thanked TRS and kept it moving.
                  haha. And it's hard to not prevoke. What's worse is when you find out its a 79 year old gramma driving the car, ya feel kind of bad for flashing them. It's not the buyers fault, but it boiled my blood to hear my old landlord talking about the salesman bragging about how bright the lights are. And I'm 100% positive that I'm not the only one flashing them.

In the past there have been vehicle recalls for headlights/foglights being aimed improperly. It's a simple recall. It's getting Toyota to issue it or get the media attention which is proving difficult.

Seems like they just need to re-align the headlights, but that will only happen if people sign a petition, get media attention, etc. Like every other auto manufacture they only take action after people die.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    haha. And it's hard to not prevoke. What's worse is when you find out its a 79 year old gramma driving the car, ya feel kind of bad for flashing them. It's not the buyers fault, but it boiled my blood to hear my old landlord talking about the salesman bragging about how bright the lights are. And I'm 100% positive that I'm not the only one flashing them.

In the past there have been vehicle recalls for headlights/foglights being aimed improperly. It's a simple recall. It's getting Toyota to issue it or get the media attention which is proving difficult.

Seems like they just need to re-align the headlights, but that will only happen if people sign a petition, get media attention, etc. Like every other auto manufacture they only take action after people die.
                    those retrofits the the toyota gas is very similar to the morimoto d2s retrofits.

Comment

So anyone who wants to make a difference on this topic I urge you to please write Toyota via their contact us website. I've been doing this and lately they have been friendly about it. They admit that there have been multiple complaints and they will forward the information to the engineering department. The more attention we can bring to this topic the better! I'm also writing news agencies to see what media attention I can bring to the table.

Comment

So been almost a year and I have to admit, lately only the Corollas still bother me. I think I see it as a disrespect thing on a loyal Toyota company. Dam, even the city buses got proper cutoff. But I will admit I do see some Corollas which do not have the issue. As you near them the cutoff kicks in properly, maybe 2017 models. But I sat at a crosswalk today with one facing me and I felt like I was being vaporized haha. But they are simply way too bright and I wish they would at least check them during routine maintenance. Not hard to adjust them.

Comment

That is one feature I love about my tundra is that I can adjust my headlights and lower them. This works perfectly when I have a heavy load in the back. Maybe Toyota should incorporate this into the corollas lol.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                            That is one feature I love about my tundra is that I can adjust my headlights and lower them. This works perfectly when I have a heavy load in the back. Maybe Toyota should incorporate this into the corollas lol.
                            Yes! And same for trucks. All trucks should have auto adjusting headlights for when they carry a load / trailer. This bothers me too! You have new lifted trucks with great HIDs (and work properly), then they put a trailer and gear on and blind everyone every day and night. An obvious issue but the manufacture is too cheap or disrespectful to care about others.

Comment

If you think the Corollas LEDs are bad, try driving next to a 2017/2018 Fusion with full LED headlights, just behind the headlights on the side of the vehicle. I notice this a lot in Michigan, where I work since the Fusion there is the Accord or Camry in the southwest or west coast, they're everywhere probably due to employee friends and family discounts.

But the glare from the side is so bad, it's like it reflects into a lense and bounces backward into the lane next to it and blinds anyone driving beside the car.

member's ride thread
                              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                              91 Accord SE 176k
                              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                                If you think the Corollas LEDs are bad, try driving next to a 2017/2018 Fusion with full LED headlights, just behind the headlights on the side of the vehicle. I notice this a lot in Michigan, where I work since the Fusion there is the Accord or Camry in the southwest or west coast, they're everywhere probably due to employee friends and family discounts.

But the glare from the side is so bad, it's like it reflects into a lense and bounces backward into the lane next to it and blinds anyone driving beside the car.
                                Agreed. Wish I had power folding mirrors because when these cars are behind me it is too bright. I'll also turn my rear view mirror towards them to give them a hint.

Since I'm the only one in the world who gives a shit about this, how do I let it go? How do you all do it? It really is starting to discourage me from driving, especially at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X