Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think, our 90 accord resurfaced rotars and when braking at highers pseeds and what not, i feel shake like its not braking so well and smooth.

i am planning to get brembo OE rotars and axis metal masters. will that be good? also importrp.com is cheapest for us right?? i tried asking for hookup, but no more keke
    hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
      i think, our 90 accord resurfaced rotars and when braking at highers pseeds and what not, i feel shake like its not braking so well and smooth.

i am planning to get brembo OE rotars and axis metal masters. will that be good? also importrp.com is cheapest for us right?? i tried asking for hookup, but no more keke

I plan on buying the kit off tasauto.net[or .com i forgot] but they only do 94+ accords which is why I asked the above question.

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

i just put on brembo blanks and stock honda pads.. they are workin just fine so far..

Comment

Used to have KVR cross-drilled up front with KVR carbon pads... Holes cracked after 1 and a half year from overheating due to my "high performance driving" Hehe

Swapped for bigger diameter Prelude SRV slotted discs from Power Slot.
          With bigger Prelude caliper... and no more annoying rotor-bearing press on system. Carbon fibre pads... ABS removed and re-routed with custom lines. WOW what a difference! Highly recommended!

(Brembo blanks with Honda pads in the rear)

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Ok, so a stupid question, are `92-93 accord 4dr's I think Lx or higher models equiped with rear discs? How hard of a swap would this be (swaping to a `91 accord)? Can anybody think any good five lug hub swaps and where to find the source parts from? Also any ideas on a good wheel size, I've noticed a lot of the lightweight forged rims that I like are 16" and larger. Oh, and one last Q:, anybody know the standard offset (`91 premium wheels)

Thanks guys -Coyote

Comment

I dont think I've ever seen stock rear disc brakes on accords other than the 92-93 EX models.

I have decided to stick to stock. I am not a racer or an Auto X driver. I love my accord and it's my daily driver. It's kinda silly to upgrade my brakes when it does a good job already. Even with my H22A and all the power that comes with it, she stops smoothly and quickly. Thanks for all your feedback.
              Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
              *RIP*
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
              JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
              I love it when VTEC kicks in!
              vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

i have a 10th aniversary accord *1993* and it has rear discs.

good luck
                Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

I have the brembo o.e. cross drilled and slotted rotors, and have had them for 2 years. GREAT investment, but you do have to match the right pads. I used the AEM ones for a while, great pads, then just went and got some crappy cheap ones, WHAT A MISTAKE... lol, they glazed over under some heavy braking. After using regular cheap-o pads 2 times now, my rotors need to be cut bad. I currently go to school @ UTI and thankfully have access to an on car brake lathe. Like other people said in this thread, because of our retarted hub-over-rotor design, the only way to have them cut is in that way. I have been seriously pondering this conversion, quick question if anyone has the answer... the cl has the same 4x114.3 bolt pattern right?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                    The only problem is that they were stock Brembo rotors, non-drilled... they were drilled and slotted by an aftermarket company. they're holding up nicely for now though! I love it! So smooth and quick to stop!

are those the ones you mentioned you saw on ebay? if so, how do you know that they were blanks and the were drilled and slotted later? if i get some slotted and drilled brembos from ebay, will they be factory drilled or what then?

Comment

IM USEING BREMBO CCROSS DRILLED AND SLOT ROTORS WITH GREEN STUFF PADS ,MY CAR ALREADY COMES WITH BIGGER ROTORS STOCK ALONG WITH BIGGER CALIPERS .THE BRAKES WORK AWSOME

Comment

USC brakes =
                        Brembo Big Brake Upgrade

too much money for poor me.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove
                          are those the ones you mentioned you saw on ebay? if so, how do you know that they were blanks and the were drilled and slotted later? if i get some slotted and drilled brembos from ebay, will they be factory drilled or what then?
                          I knew because that's what the ebay company said they did. That was their thing. They took quality blanks and modified them. I paid $100 shipped for the pair. At the time, I thought it was a great deal. I suppose it was fair, but you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere.

Comment

im confused as to why everyone says its a pain in the ass to change the rotors on the 90-91's. i put new rotors on the rear today and quite literaly, with the exception of having to use an impact driver to get the two screws out, the job took about 1/2 hour. nothing had to be pressed out and basically was the simplest bolt/swap i've done yet. im doing the front next weekend, so maybe i'll find the 'pressed out' thing then...

so, why am i confused about all this trauma? i'm not trying to flame anyone, just wondering. honest.

EDIT!!...hit the mother of all potholes last night and bent my front wheel. got a chance to look at the rotor on the front and can see now what 'the pain in the ass' part is. excellent info, now i know i have to take them in to get pressed. I love this site!!
                            Last edited by Gripology; 04-05-2006, 09:40 PM. Reason: new info
                            And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                            Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

oops, got my rotors from R1 Concepts in Anaheim. They are an e-bay seller and do the drilling and slotting themselves. unlike most e-bay sellers, this place actually has an office where you can go and see them and see the shop where they do the work. I was impressed. Set for my wagon was $210 w/ tax.

Coolest thing was most of the people working there were Honda/Acura drivers.
                              And remember kids, if it's wet, it's not a fart.

'91 Wagon

So far it's ugly:
                              Injen short ram, DIY Grill, Arospeed F/R Strut bars, SS Brake Lines, AEM pads, drum to disc swap, Brembo drilled & slotted rotors

Comment

I wanna get the AEM big brake kit in front...

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X