Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
    Will, will you be making another MRT for lola 2? What will you do with lola 1 once everything is removed?
    Mauricio, I was just planning on continuing with this MRT. I really had no intentions of swapping shells initially. Lola 1, once stock again is getting sold. I'm going to test my hand at bodywork and try to fix the roof line before I sell it. Hell I might as well get in some easy practice where I can. Since the paint is already shit, I don't really have to worry about color matching, flat black isn't hard to blend. I'm hoping for a decent interior and a non rusted exterior I can hopefully get around $2000 for it, even though it looks like ass.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

So I've been working away on the Lola's. I managed to finish up the rear suspension between the two cars. I've been working on the front suspension the last few days. I wasn't feeling well on Saturday and half of Sunday so I really didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I had wished to do. I got the passenger side, knuckles, brakes, control arms, and axles swapped between the two. I also managed to get both driver sides disassembled. But haven't been able to continue on due to the axle nuts. I took one assembly to the tire shop and had them break it loose. I broke yet another breaker bar trying to break it loose. I'm going to buy a 3/4" breaker bar and socket for these, I'm tired of breaking my tools. I need to take in the assembly from the new Lola with the auto axle, then I can finish swapping the suspension bits.

Found some more damage to Lola from being stolen.

Gas Tank 1

Gas Tank 2

Also whatever they hit and hit hard, it put a small dent in the bracing of the traction bar, which didn't hurt the bar in any fashion. At first I was worried they might have bowed it slightly, but now that it is off the car it's still straight. Whatever it was then hit the low point of the header and crushed it, I forgot to take a picture of it. Also there were multiple dents in the frame rails on the car as well as a huge dent in the floor pan right behind the drivers seat. Also both doors now sag, neither did before being stolen. So they literally beat the shit out of the chassis itself, it might be for the best that I found a new one for her.

I'm hoping I can get the suspension wrapped up by weeks end. Lately it's been hard to get much done after work, we both have a bunch of stuff going on at nights, and lately I haven't been able to get hardly anything done after work.

Comment

Also last night I forgot to mention, that 3 of the 4 Bilstein's are now leaking. Both the rears and the passenger front are leaking. To remedy the rear I've ordered a set of Cheddas Auto rear extended top hats. This should prevent the replacement set from leaking down the road. I'm not really sure why the front is leaking as the other is totally fine unless somehow they cause some damage to it somehow by hitting something. I'm not going to send in the struts for a bit as I need to move the cars around this weekend so I need to keep them both mobile for a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
          Also last night I forgot to mention, that 3 of the 4 Bilstein's are now leaking. Both the rears and the passenger front are leaking. To remedy the rear I've ordered a set of Cheddas Auto rear extended top hats. This should prevent the replacement set from leaking down the road. I'm not really sure why the front is leaking as the other is totally fine unless somehow they cause some damage to it somehow by hitting something. I'm not going to send in the struts for a bit as I need to move the cars around this weekend so I need to keep them both mobile for a bit longer.
          After seeing all the damage, my guess is they jumped the car. That would be the only reason I could see so many of your struts bursting with such bad undercarriage damage.

Comment

Originally posted by willbill642 View Post
            After seeing all the damage, my guess is they jumped the car. That would be the only reason I could see so many of your struts bursting with such bad undercarriage damage.
            Or ran over speedbumps at a very high rate of speed and bottomed out the tank in the rear on the bump after the fronts compressed.

We have these annoying tabletop speed "humps" nearby that really upsets my car if I go anything over 15-20 mph over them.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You pay for photobucket? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by willbill642 View Post
                Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                Or ran over speedbumps at a very high rate of speed and bottomed out the tank in the rear on the bump after the fronts compressed.

We have these annoying tabletop speed "humps" nearby that really upsets my car if I go anything over 15-20 mph over them.
                Well no matter what it is that they did, it sure did a number on chassis. I know they were driving it on dirt roads, as everything I had cleaned before is covered in heavy dust now. I didn't drive it on any dirt roads while I had it this past summer. The more I've gone over the old one the happier I am that I did decide to move onto a new body for the abuse that this one has seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                  You pay for photobucket? Why?
                  Well when your free storage space is gone, what other options are left, aside from storing your photos across multiple hosting sites. I'd rather just stick with one service. I had only just paid for it right before it ate all my pictures. As it wouldn't let me upload anymore, I figured it might be related to having about 0.7% free space on my account, so I paid for a years worth of the cheapest option, and then it proceeded to eat almost all of my pictures. Which I need to start re-uploading and linking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    Well when your free storage space is gone, what other options are left, aside from storing your photos across multiple hosting sites. I'd rather just stick with one service. I had only just paid for it right before it ate all my pictures. As it wouldn't let me upload anymore, I figured it might be related to having about 0.7% free space on my account, so I paid for a years worth of the cheapest option, and then it proceeded to eat almost all of my pictures. Which I need to start re-uploading and linking.
                    Dam, you must have a lot of pics! At least they gave you free credit for their mistake and I also bet you don't get ads or annoying junk mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      Dam, you must have a lot of pics! At least they gave you free credit for their mistake and I also bet you don't get ads or annoying junk mail.
                      Yea there are a ton of pictures through out this thread alone. Also while mentioning the pictures. My photobucket account is still broken. I can't upload anything to it or move/rename albums. So I'm still working on my ticket with them.

Comment

Alright so update time. I haven't really been updating as much as I used to, as there isn't a whole lot to mention or show you. I could show you hey look dirty parts on one car, now bolted onto another car. Not really very interesting. Continuing on, I've finished swapping out the entire suspensions between the cars. Old Lola has all the brakes bled, finally. It was a total disaster. New Lola I still need to bleed the brakes. I'm going to work on that today once the sun is out and it warms up a bit.

So about the brakes, I got all but the passenger front brake bled. In that caliper the bleeder was frozen. I worked on trying to break it loose for hours and hours. I finally just gave in, said I'm going to the junkyard for a different one. Last Sunday 2/26 a buddy and myself made the run over to Pull and Save in Spokane, WA. I figured while I was there I might as well make the most of it. So I made a list and we headed off at 7 am, the time zone difference works in our favor in the morning.

Junk Yard Loot 1

(CB7 Caliper and Bracket, F22B1 Camshaft, J series Intake Manifold Spacer, Coupe Rear Seat Brackets, CB7 Shifter, BB4 Shifter, Bumper Blinker Covers, Tail Light Seals.)

Junk Yard Loot 2

(Rear Window Trim, Drivers Door Trim.)

Junk Yard Loot 3

(BB4 Parking Brake, CD5 Brake Cap, Coupe Door Lock, CB7 Rear View Mirror, '99 TL Rear View Mirror Bracket.)

Junk Yard Loot 4

(Manuals.)

Wagon Storage Cover

Destroyed Bleeder on Caliper

As you can see there really isn't a whole lot of the bleeder left. So I just conceded the fight and got a different caliper, problem solved. The only major thing on the list we didn't manage to get for old Lola an inner tail light, and a sunroof. There was only one car with a sunroof and it was already broken from the car being hit so hard in the side. So I still need another junk yard run soon, but at least the worst of it is taken care of for now.

I think I'm going to try and swap the cat-back exhaust portion on each car, as long as the sun is out. I'm pretty much at the point now that I need to finish cleaning up the garage in preparation to pull the stock engine out of new Lola. I also need to work on Ava, our 2004 TL, and the Ruby, our 2009 Pilot. So progress is probably on hold for about a week or so. But then I should be starting the engine swaps. I need to do a little maintenance on the stock engine though. It's leaking oil like no ones business, out of the seals.

Comment

While I haven't really been turning any wrench's on the cars the past week or so. I have managed to get some other projects rolling again. The past few nights I've really been hitting it hard.

Wagon Control Arms (I've been debating on buying some Cheddas Auto aluminum control arms. It's not like it's a cheap purchase by any means. While cleaning up the garage last weekend, I was putting away my CL-S cylinder heads, and found the wagon control arms. While I only have 3 of them at the moment I'm getting the 4th this weekend. I spent about an hour and 15 minutes getting the 6 bushings out, having some previous practice made it go much faster this time around. I'm going to put a set of Prothane bushings into them. These are going to be much stiffer than the stamped steel ones I have currently. I think I'm going to get them powder coated this next winter.)

Cheddas Auto Extended Rear Top Hats

JDM H22A Intake 1 (I started working on this before the car was stolen. Then continued a bit more after the car was stolen. Well I finally got my ass back in gear, and am working on getting the entire thing cleaned up.)

JDM H22A Intake 2

JDM H22A Intake 3

ST Front Sway Bar 1 (More damage from WTF ever they did to Lola. The bar is not bent at least. Just scuffed up good.)

ST Front Sway Bar 2

So my M2S4 needs a rebuild. Not necessarily because of anything internal per se, although it could use a new set of synchros. I didn't realize it had a breather tube and years ago I just put a cap on it. Well this caused a pressure buildup and it had to release somewhere. So it started to leak out of the shifter linkage area. Not a huge deal at the time, but now its starting to seep from the case housing. So it really needs a reseal. I don't have the time to get this done before I want to actually use the car. At least not with all the other projects I'm trying to get done as well. So tomorrow I'm driving over to Spokane, again. Right after work to pick up another M2S4 that seems to be in a bit better condition than mine. While over there I'm going to hit up Pull & Save to see if I can't get the last wagon control arm. They had 2 wagons 2 weeks ago, so hopefully this shouldn't be a big deal.

Also I've started to order some parts again for Lola. Some of them to finish up the H22A1 and some of them for Lola herself. Hopefully my thread will start to liven up a bit now. It seems to have been dead in here for awhile now. Then again I did lose all my motivation to even work on stuff related to Lola for a good while.
                          Last edited by Rilas; 03-09-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Alright guys, it's been a very productive weekend for Lola. On Friday I managed to get over to Spokane and get the rear control arms, as well as the M2S4 transmission. I made it home Friday night as well. Depending on weather and such I might have had to stay the night.

Wagon Rear Control Arms

M2S4 1 (I got the transmission, flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate for $300.)

M2S4 2

Lightweight Flywheel (Does anyone know what brand this is by chance?)

Clutch 1 (Exedy stage 2 supposedly. I haven't looked up the part number yet.)

Clutch 2

Pressure Plate

Prelude T Bracket and Halfshaft

Manual Flywheel and Pressure Plate Bolts

These arrived on Friday.

SPC Rear Upper Control Arms (Purchased from cp[mike] thanks! Mine are starting to feel a bit loose, figured I'd save a bit of money over retail. The ball joints in them feel great still.)

CR-V Lighted Window Switches (Purchased from cp[mike] thanks!)

On Saturday I spend part of the day cleaning up the new M2S4 and a few other things. I forgot to take some after pictures of the transmission. I'll get them tonight hopefully. Then on Saturday night new Lola's engine was removed.

Lola 1

Lola 2

Yesterday I continued the battle and got a bit more accomplished.

F22A6 1

F22A6 2

F22A6 Auto Trans

F20B Oil Pump 1 (Found this on eBay. Supposedly only 50k miles on it. I paid $28.60 for it shipped to the house. I figured if it's toast I only wasted $30. You can't buy new H22A1 oil pumps anymore. I didn't want to purchase a H22A4 as the cost is more. I'm going to drop this off at the machine shop tomorrow, and have them check the clearances in it. If it turns out good, this is the new oil pump for the H22A1.)

F20B Oil Pump 2 (After a bit of cleanup.)

F20B Oil Pump 3

Wagon Rear Lower Control Arms ( I took the time to cleanup the 2 new ones and remove the bushings. I'm going to use the 2 I just brought home. As the factory paint is in much better condition. Next winter I'm still going to get them blasted and powder coated though.)

Also I kept plugging along on the JDM H22A intake manifold. I'm just working on a little more shaping in the squarish ports. Then it's just time to cleanup the last bit of the runners. I'll be glad to have this endeavor behind me. It's just so tedious staring into small holes for a few hours at a time. Sometime this week, Lola will come back into the garage and some of the more serious work will begin. Updates are coming.

Comment

Wow awesome progress Rilas. question though whats the advantage on the wagon control arms over the sedan/coupe ones? I was told that they're steel stamped but aren't they the same length?
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                                Wow awesome progress Rilas. question though whats the advantage on the wagon control arms over the sedan/coupe ones? I was told that they're steel stamped but aren't they the same length?
                                Thanks HenRoc! The wagon control arms are not stamped steel. At least not in the sense that the sedan/coupes are. The sedan/coupe control arms are like 1/8"-1/4" sheet steel stamped into shape. The ridges and curves give it it's strength. The wagon control arms are solid steel. Most likely poured into casts is my guess. These things are very stout! The advantage would be in the added strength of the part. I'm going to auto cross Lola. I know the stamped steel control arms flex somewhat when under heavy load. These arms will not, just like the FFC and Cheddas Auto control arms. Only thing is they aren't as light I'm sure, and not quite as pretty currently, but they did only cost me $60 for all 5 of them. The cost savings was worth it to me. Even after purchasing Prothane bushings it's still a lot cheaper. Once I decide on a new color for my ESP parts I'm going to powder coat most of the suspension components the same color. So they will look good in the long run. I'll try and rip one of the sedan/coupe control arms off one of the cars and take a side by side picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X