EXT: BMW Flushmount (56k? idk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: BMW Flushmount (56k? idk)

If you've been looking for alternatives to the sought after "OEM Flushmount" you've probably seen this BMW flushie around. First off I would like to say I probably did this in a very ghetto manner, but it worked for me so this is just how I did mine & I have no prior experience installing any sort of spoiler. I didn't want to use 3m double sided tape in fear that it may get stolen & I don't mind drilling holes into my trunk. The whole process took me about 1-2 hours and I'm satisfied with the results. It also seems very secure, I've had it on for about a month with very high speeds and it hasn't loosened a bit.
    *I Apologize in advance for no pictures during the installation*

Difficulty: 2/10

Materials Needed:
    If you don't already have it,
    -M5 Zinc Plated Lock Washers
    -M5-.8 Zinc Plated Hex Nuts
    -Painters tape to put onto the trunk to measure
    -Loctite blue 242 thread locker (optional)
    -A drill with different bits
    -Another person to help you out

1. You'll want to set down a couple layers of painters tape onto your trunk just to get a measurement of where you want the flushie mounted. I did this a couple times just to try to get it perfect, please take your time here. (Please take note that the flush mount will be about a 1/2 inch short on both sides of the trunk)

Once I thought it was perfect, I pressed the flushie down onto my trunk with the tape on there to get an outline of where I want to drill. I marked the holes with a sharpie after.

2. Start drilling the markings you've made. Start out with a very small bit, then work your way up of course. After you're able to stick the flushmount in the holes, take off the tape and you're ready to start putting in the nuts! *Don't worry about it not sitting flush yet, when you fasten the nuts it will sit flush.

3. This is where I probably didn't do this DIY properly, I found that it was in very hard to reach places to put the washer and nuts in but I still managed. I'm not sure if there's any other way, but I had to cut open little circles from the inside of my trunk to get the end's.

4. After tightening everything, the flushie should sit flush and in my honest opinion it looks great!

If you would like any more pictures of the spoiler, don't hesitate to ask.
    I also realize that I probably did some things wrong, so if you'd like to revise the DIY, then be my guest!
    Goodluck.
    Last edited by JFrost7; 07-20-2013, 02:41 PM.

Looks good. I have a vigor flushy. Dang only if that bmw spoiler was the same length as out trunk
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! Eh, the shortness doesn't really bother me, call me crazy but I actually kinda like it that way

Comment

looks pretty awesome man!
        MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
        1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Looks clean, should give us a wider side shot to see how it flows with the rest of the cars lines.

Comment

Can you please remove the double IMG tags from your BBcode?

Code:
            [IMG][IMG]picture.url[/IMG][/IMG]
            should only be
            Code:
            [IMG]picture.url[/IMG]
            If you want to use the picture button in the post then use direct links, if you already copy the BBcode just paste it in the post without using the picture button.
            Last edited by wildBill83; 07-19-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I have one of these for sale if anyone wants it )))) pm me for details!!!
              STUFF FOR SALE!!!
              1992 Accord Lx.
              1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it! I will try to get more pics up as soon as possible.

@Wildbill83. Yes sir, just edited sorry!

Comment

Here are some quick photos but I really think it looks better in person!

Last edited by JFrost7; 07-22-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

What is the length of this flush mount?

Comment

Since I saw this thread, I've seen a flushmount on an older maxima and a flushmount on like a 2000 cavalier that looked like they'd line up with our trunks too, was like ooooo

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowKlown View Post
                        Since I saw this thread, I've seen a flushmount on an older maxima and a flushmount on like a 2000 cavalier that looked like they'd line up with our trunks too, was like ooooo
                        88 Maxima flush mount fits

Comment

i like it lots!!!! looks great i kinda like the shortness
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

what kind of BMW is that off of?.

Comment

Originally posted by 919coupe View Post
                              what kind of BMW is that off of?.
                              God's Chariot. The E30 ('84-'91 3-series)
                              '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Working...
                              X