SUSP : Rear 5-Lug Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb7don View Post
    what going on wit the pics on the first page????????????????
    Dude's site's down I guess. I broke it down in the post right above this though. You also need the Prelude rear axle nuts.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
      Dude's site's down I guess. I broke it down in the post right above this though. You also need the Prelude rear axle nuts.
      no you dont, im using accord axle nuts, and has been 3 times athe track and 2 1/2 hours in a mountain run (georgia) no problem what so ever
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
        no you dont, im using accord axle nuts, and has been 3 times athe track and 2 1/2 hours in a mountain run (georgia) no problem what so ever
        I'm usin em too, but eventually I'm gonna swap on my Prelude nuts... u can't stake the Accord nut

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

whats good wit tha pics on the front page????????

Comment

Originally posted by cb7don View Post
            whats good wit tha pics on the front page????????
            Dude's site is down.

The rears are not that complicated though.

Remove the rear wheels/calipers/rotors.

Remove the hub... use a 3 jaw puller to get the inner ring off

Shim the ABS excitor (the little sensor) with maybe 2 washers?

Install the Prelude hub, throw the bolt, rotor, caliper and all that happy horse shit on.

Took me and my buddy about 3 hours with air tools but if you soak everything with WD-40 you should be good w/a breaker bar and shit.
            Last edited by gloryaccordy; 09-09-2009, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Does anyone had a problem fitting the rotor over the prelude hub bearing? I just got the parts from autozone which was 97-01 rear hub by timeken pt# az-512144 and 97-01 itr rotors pt# 31252. the bolts line up but it dont slide over the hub. maybe with some force it can work, do I need to do that?

93 Accord SE
              02 Highlander Limited

Comment

i see red x's
                to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
                Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

Originally posted by WISDOBX84 View Post
                  Does anyone had a problem fitting the rotor over the prelude hub bearing? I just got the parts from autozone which was 97-01 rear hub by timeken pt# az-512144 and 97-01 itr rotors pt# 31252. the bolts line up but it dont slide over the hub. maybe with some force it can work, do I need to do that?
                  Return them and get 98-02 Accord V6 rears.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                    I'm usin em too, but eventually I'm gonna swap on my Prelude nuts... u can't stake the Accord nut
                    You cant stake the preludes either. I have the prelude rear nuts,its wider so you don't have to use that washer but it still doesn't allow you to screw down the nut all the way down to stake it.

Comment

pics
                      1992 Accord Cb7:

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                        You cant stake the preludes either. I have the prelude rear nuts,its wider so you don't have to use that washer but it still doesn't allow you to screw down the nut all the way down to stake it.
                        Ah well fuck that then.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                            actually yes you can- just need to use a cb rear hub nut or a da/dc/ek/eg front cv axle nut-

Does not stake MUCH of it.... but I used a little lock tite red and staked a piece of it.... has not budged. OH and was it just me or was this a delayed answer?
                            WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by da9b16 View Post
                              actually yes you can- just need to use a cb rear hub nut or a da/dc/ek/eg front cv axle nut-

Does not stake MUCH of it.... but I used a little lock tite red and staked a piece of it.... has not budged. OH and was it just me or was this a delayed answer?
                              i reused my cb nuts and all was fine on my conversion
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

a pic of the finished product
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X