Corweena : 1996 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corweena : 1996 Accord LX

Sup guys, I'm Corwin. I had an account on here years ago, but don't remember....(I never posted). I know probably a good amount of people on here, through FB and meets. I don't own a CB, but I do own a CD (5th Gen). I joined just to share info and such, since the CB and CD are similar in many ways.

Here's a little history on my car.......

When I first bought the car in August 2008 before my senior year of high school (can't believe I've had it almost 5 years already). The paint looked great (at the time), mileage wasn't too bad (145k) and the car had been well maintained.

As a high school kid who didn't know any better, I bought some "JDM" headlights and smoked bumper lights......

Thank god, before I fully hopped on board the eBay rice train, I met some other Accord guys at the 2010 Eibach meet. I joined the biggest 5th Gen Accord forum, and got my head on straight. Then real modding began.

Picked up a 94/95 Accord grill (no H logo) and retrofitted a 94/95 Accord front lip (more aggressive).

My some miracle (and a little bit of luck) I got my hands on a set or rare Honda Access Coupe rain visors (only optional on Japanese Accords).

I next picked up a a set of 94 EX Accord alloy wheels, to replace my steelies. I also ordered a set of brand new Depo SiR Accord replica headlights.

I then won a set of Eibach Sportline springs from a Facebook contest.

After this, I did a mini-Accord shoot with some friends.

After this, I lost my job and was unemployed for almost a year. Even though I didn't have money for mods, the car still performed DD duties like a champ, which was all I needed.

When I finally started my current job, and started having money to spare, the modding started again.

Picked up an AEM SRI, front and rear Arospeed strut bars, Accord SiR clear bumper lights, and de-ambered my stock tail lights. Also replaced my stock shocks (now long blown) with some lightly used KYB GR2s.

Next, I found a set of bnib Tanabe sway bars for my car at a laughable price. I have an LX (no rear sway bar), so I had source an EX rear subframe and swap them. Was a PITA, but totally worth it.

At this point, I was happy with how the car was for the time being. I got myself pretty much completely out of debt (other than school loans). It was a nice feeling, and I just saved my money and enjoyed my car.

Fast forward 6 months (now April 2013), and I was ready to start with the car again. First thing I did was trade my suspension setup for what I really wanted....Koni Yellows and Ground Control coilovers with custom 10k front 8k rear springs.

After hunting on Zilvia for a few months, I picked up some 5Zigen FN01R-Cs 17x8 +35 in titanium bronze. They were a little rough (curb rash, scratches, peeling paint), but for 2 bills I wasn't complaining. I wrapped them in Federal SS595 215/45/17 tires.

Since I had a big meet coming up (Cali Accord Meet, largest Accord meet in the country), I then focused on getting the car looking presentable. First was a full detail job to try and restore my now fading single stage paint. You can see the faded paint in the middle, and the detailed sections on the side.

I decided to plasti-dip my wheels white, to cover the blemishes, plus I'm a sucker for white on black (my dream wheels are Regamaster Evos). The actually came out better than expected.

I also ditched my OEM grill for an authentic one......picked up a Plus1 mesh grill.

All ready for the meet.

And some shots from CAM.

Mod List

Engine:

-AEM short ram intake
    -FFC battery tie down
    -FFC radiator brackets

Suspension

-Koni Yellows
    -Ground Control coilover sleeves w/ custom 10k front and 8k rear springs
    -Arospeed front and rear strut tower braces
    -Tanabe 30mm front and 22mm rear sway bars
    -Energy suspension endlinks

Wheels
    17x8 +35 5Zigen FN01R-C
    215/45/17 Federal SS595

Exterior:

-Depo blackhoused JDM headlights
    -Plus1 mesh grill
    -94/95 Accord front lip
    -94/95 Accord rear lip
    -Authentic JDM window visors
    -SiR bumper lights
    -De-ambered tail lights

Interior:

-Pioneer DEH-1200MP headunit

In the Works (parts I have, but are yet to be installed)

4-piston big brake upgrade:
    -CL ROH spindles/hubs
    -Acura RL 4-piston calipers (fully rebuilt when powdercoated)
    - FFC RL caliper brackets
    -12.8" Nissan 350Z Track rotors, redrilled to 5-lug

DC Sports header

When I bought it, it was beat up pretty bad, so I restored it myself and gave it a fresh ceramic coating.

SiR replica fiberglass front lip. My friend had them made, so that's why I went with that over a real ABS one. Plus, ABS is a PITA to repair.

I've had my JDM visors off the car for a while now.....had a friend restore them, just waiting to re-attach some of the broken clips before I re-install them. Gotta love getting that gloss back

Future Plans

- 2.5" custom exhaust (KTeller piping, Magnaflow resonator, Thermal R&D muffler, dual tip)
    - some rare EDM goodies that I won't post pictures of until they arrive.
    - 5-speed swap (H22 transmission for shorter gearing with Accord 5th gear for highway driving)
    - Polyurethane bushings all around
    - rear disc brake conversion with new master cylinder, 40/40 prop valve, stainless brake lines
    -Full Fat Four Customs package for my car.....3-point front strut bar, rear strut bar, LCAs and toe arms with poly bushings.

As you can probably tell, all of my future mods are functional......the car will still be my DD, but I want to be able to take it to the occasional track day. So function is the main goal for now.

That's a very nice start. I like that you showed your progress of going from someone who didn't have a clue to someone who can obviously put together a very tasteful car. Everything is functional, while at the same time being a decent performance upgrade.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Shaaasweet. Love the white wheels. U needzzz a edm rear fog!
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You say that for everyone who doesn't have one.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          That's a very nice start. I like that you showed your progress of going from someone who didn't have a clue to someone who can obviously put together a very tasteful car. Everything is functional, while at the same time being a decent performance upgrade.
          Thanks. Its been a long journey....changing plans countless times, but definitely worth it.

Once I get out of school in 3 years, the plan is to buy a second car, and throw this one in the garage while I build an IITB K24 to throw in it. I may meddle with boost for the F22 in the meantime though......

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
          Shaaasweet. Love the white wheels. U needzzz a edm rear fog!
          Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          You say that for everyone who doesn't have one.
          Thanks. The white is long gone now....I removed it after the meet. Plasti-dip is just wayyy to hard to keep clean lol. I do plan on powdercoating the wheels next year....not sure what color though. Those wheels were a mission to find.....I lucked out getting them that cheap. I have a full size spare as well.

And I won't be getting an EDM rear fog....I feel it disrupts the flow of the car too much. As it is, whenever I get to repainting the car, I'll be shaving the rear side markers as well. Less is more for me. And the EDM parts are coming from Malaysia, because they were OEM there as well.
          Last edited by Corweena; 12-10-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

How nice of you to join.

Comment

Looks great! I don't mind seeing some 5th gen love on here. Sharp.

Comment

I remember seen this car at CAM, very clean and accord, always wanted a black coupe

CALI LIFE STYLE
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                  How nice of you to join.
                  Ohaiiiii!

Originally posted by Ispintechno View Post
                  Looks great! I don't mind seeing some 5th gen love on here. Sharp.
                  Originally posted by 408cb7 View Post
                  I remember seen this car at CAM, very clean and accord, always wanted a black coupe
                  Thanks guys!

Comment

I love seeing other cd7 on here

Comment

Nice to see you here Corwin, first cb mobb now here. Haha, loved seeing this accord makes me want to get one even more than I already did! Btw it's Douglas from FB
                      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

so how many clean cd coupes does cali have that show up to cam?

Comment

Originally posted by Yostbuilt View Post
                          I love seeing other cd7 on here
                          Originally posted by Yostbuilt View Post
                          so how many clean cd coupes does cali have that show up to cam?
                          Thanks man. I really don't know exactly how man coupes there are.....there is definitely a good amount though.

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                          Nice to see you here Corwin, first cb mobb now here. Haha, loved seeing this accord makes me want to get one even more than I already did! Btw it's Douglas from FB
                          Ohai Douggy!

You should get a CD.....come to the dark side! We have a ton of good aftermarket parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Corweena View Post
                            Ohai Douggy!

You should get a CD.....come to the dark side! We have a ton of good aftermarket parts.
                            Lol hai there!

Haha I may, I want an e30 coupe as well. I may trade my daily accord after I get it to my wants, and get a coupe we will see though, you may never know!
                            1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                            For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

great looking CD! I also like the progression you've shown with your car, and kind of mirrors what I did when I first got my car. I can't wait to see what you do next.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                              X